XTAR are one of the largest names within the battery industry, founded in 2006 and based out of China, XTAR manufacture and supply Li-on batteries, smart battery chargers and LED flashlights around the world. Thanks to their high standards of quality control, XTAR have achieved all major global certifications, such as CE and RoHS. They pride themselves on offering safe, high quality products.
Today I will be looking at the XTAR VC2 charger, a two bay battery charger with a whole host of features packed into it. Let’s have a look at what the XTAR VC2 has to offer...
- Input DC: 5V 1.0A
- Compatible with 10440/14500/14650/16340/17500/17670/18350/18500/18650/18700/22650/25500/26650 3.6/3.7V Li-ion batteries
- Max Constant Charging Current: 500mA*2
- Cut-off Voltage (Output Voltage): 4.20V
- Cut-off Current: ≤80mA
- Working Temp: 0-40℃
- Net Weight: 109g
- Dimensions: 131mm (length)x 66mm (width)x 33mm (height)
- Compatible with IMR lithium battery
- Each channel is independent
- Three-stage charge algorithm(TC-CC-CV)
- Soft-start function, to avoid damage from large charge current while charging
- Automatically cut off when the battery is charged fully
- Precision cut-off voltage at 4.2V
- Compatible with small capacity battery
- Over heat protection
- LCD displays each battery real time statues
- Use high power intelligent step-down DC – DC circuit, greatly reduce the energy loss;
- Built-in reverse-polarity and short-circuit protection circuit
- Fireproof materials used for the shell
- 0V activation function can wake up the over-discharged/sleeping batteries
- 120°angle high definition VA screen to display the charging current ,voltage and power indicator, you can see the charging status from any angle of view
- Certified by CE, RoHS
What’s in the Box?
Inside the XTAR VC2 retail box you will get the XTAR VC2 charger itself, a microUSB cable, microfibre carrying pouch, user manual and a warranty card.
XTAR VC2 Charger
The XTAR VC2 charger is a two bay battery charger, capable of charging either one or two batteries simultaneously, and it can charge a huge range of different battery sizes. The most popular battery sizes for e-cigarette use are 18350, 18650 and 26650, all three of these are supported by the XTAR VC2. It measures in at 131mm x 66mm x 33mm, meaning it is quite compact for a battery charger, and it is also robustly built, being manufactured from fire proof materials.
It is simple to use, you simply insert a compatible battery into either of the dedicated battery bays, the contact will adjust to fit the battery snugly, and the XTAR VC2 will automatically begin charging, it will also choose the most suitable charging current for your batteries, meaning that they do charge quickly, but above all they charge safely as well. If you have inserted a bad battery, the XTAR VC2 will let you know about it. Reverse polarity protection means that you won’t damage your batteries or the charger if you insert your battery the wrong way round, and a short circuit protection circuit is built into the XTAR VC2.
A highlight of the XTAR VC2 is it’s large and clear LCD screen, which is easy to read and offers you detailed real time information. You can see the progress of how your batteries are charging, as well as the charging current, and you can also see the current mAh capacity of your battery. You can even check the true mAh capacity of the battery by fully draining it, and recharging it through the XTAR VC2.
The XTAR VC2 definitely isn’t short on features, and you’ll even be able to revive a battery that has been overly discharged. The XTAR VC2 features an auto-cut off at 4.2V, so once your batteries have reached that the XTAR VC2 will automatically stop charging them. The screen will also begin to blink to let you know your batteries are ready, giving you a visual aid as well. Intelligent step down means that energy loss is vastly reduced, and safety features such as overheating protection allow you peace of mind. Still, we would never recommend that you leave batteries charging unattended!
It is always important to own a safe and reliable battery charger, and during the time I have spent with the XTAR VC2 it has proven itself to be a solid workhorse, and I definitely haven’t got any qualms with it’s performance. It has become a great replacement for my previous charger, and I look forward to getting many more months of solid use from the VC2! The XTAR VC2 is available in the region of £15, and this does represent a bargain for a very good charger indeed.