Voopoo V Thru Pro
Thank you to VapeSourcing for sending this for review. This is an independent review and is not associated with any company. These are my personal thoughts and findings on the product only.
Having reviewed many Voopoo devices such as the Argus Air, Vinci Air, Drag S and the V.Suit Pro, I have to say I was looking forward to this Pod kit.
- Voopoo V-Thru Pro device
- 0.7Ohm Mesh Pod
- 1.2Ohm GENE Helix Coil Pod
- Type C USB cable
- User manual
- Refillable Pod Kit
- Dimensions 95.3 x 28.4 x 14.9mm
- 900mAh Built-In Battery
- Type C USB – 2A charge rate
- Auto Draw only
- Constant Output Voltage
- Leak-proof cartridge with an independent and one-way condensate space
- 5W-25W Adjustable Output Range
- Aluminium Alloy Construction
- GENE Chipset
- Puff Mode & Lock Mode
- 0.69 Inch OLED Screen
- 3ml E-Liquid Capacity (2ml tpd)
- Independent one-way condensate space (they claim its 75% more leak proof)
- Side Fill Silicone Stopper
- 6 colour choices
- 6 safety protection measures as well as intelligent child-proof mode
The Voopoo V Thru Pro is an easy to use, light weight device with a decent display screen. The screen may be small but it provides everything you need. It has two tiny air holes on either side of the main body.
Five clicks of the power button turns it on – you will see the Voopoo screen appear.
It automatically sets to the puff screen which shows: battery, time of puff, puff count, and total puff time
Change the wattage by clicking the power button and holding it down, the wattage will blink and you can then change it by clicking to change in 1 watt increments or holding it down. Its range is from 5-25watts and it round robins. The puff screen automatically comes back up after a little while, that is the default screen.
To look at the menu, press the power button five times and you get the following options:
- Lock/Unlock – The lock function is pretty good if you have children. As its auto draw it will not power on automatically so it was good that they included a lock function from a safety perspective.
- Puff Counter Clear
- Turn off the device
The device comes with the 0.7Ohm mesh coil pre-installed which I removed and started with the 1.2Ohm regular pod first.
It’s a clip in pod but does have slight magnetic suction. The pods have a groove clasp on either side to make it easier to pull out of the device, and they have a peel off sticker on the base of the pod which you need to remove that first before using it. When you click the 1.2Ohm coil in, it will set to 12 watts. Maximum wattage on the 1.2Ohm pod is 15W, and it will not allow you to go over that. The fill port is on the side. It also states what pod resistance it is on silicone bung. The mouthpiece is very comfortable, and this pod delivers a rich, medium MTL draw, not too warm and not too cold. I used this with 10mg nic salts for around eight days, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The flavour started to become muted after about seven to eight days. I kept the wattage at 12W.
So, on to the 0.7Ohm Mesh Coil. When changing the pods over, the device will auto detect the resistance and change the wattage to 18W. In use you can straight away feel the difference, the airflow is much more open, and you can get a very airy MTL, a good RDTL or a tight DTL from this pod. The flavour is full and very tasty. I used a 70/30 juice Prime Vapes Pink Burst. The vapour production is very good considering this is a small pod system. I used it at around 21W for about a week on and off. Naturally the battery depleted quicker due to higher power, but there was still a good day’s worth of battery.
- Just look at the specs and features on this little thing!
- Very lightweight – 44 grams
- Decent menu system for such a small kit
- Child Lock function
- Ergonomic mouthpiece
- So easy to use with 1 button
- Amazing Flavour from both pods
- Effective Airflow from both pods (dependent on your MTL preference)
- Clever GENE chip
- Constant output
- USB type C and a very good battery life – two days with the 1.2Ohm coil
- Disposable pods for some a pro but not great for the environment
- Surprised the 1.2Ohm coil didn’t last longer (could have been a one off)
This is suitable for any vaper in my opinion, it’s very convenient, well made and does the job well.
There has been some confusion with this as it's also called the V Mate when sold in the kit with the Drag X/S. So, if you have one from the kit, you need to purchase the V Thru pods.
Dee Dee’s Score 8.5/10