The World Vapers’ Alliance says it “amplifies the voice of passionate vapers around the world and empowers them to make a difference for their communities. Our alliance includes groups representing vapers - our partners - as well as individual vapers from around the world.”
Talking about the planned event, the WVA writes: “The World Vape Day Run will be held during the whole month of May as a prelude to World Vape Day. Due to COVID restrictions, we, unfortunately, can’t meet in person. So, we’ve planned a virtual run to show how fit vapers are. Everybody can participate and upload their run with a picture. Let’s show the world how fit we are as a community!
“Run the extra mile with us. During the month of May, run, jog or walk a mile for vaping. Show the world what vapers can do by sharing your run on social media using the hashtag #RunVaperRun & #WorldVapeDay. We have a chance to battle the misconceptions about vaping, together as a community, join us and #RunVaperRun!”
World Vape Day 2021 is a day to celebrate vaping. It will highlight the benefits of tobacco harm reduction in general and of vaping in particular. The /WVA says it is all about delivering a positive message about vaping and focus on the good it brings to society.
Hinting at plans for events the WVA is set to detail, it continues: “We’re meeting to talk about everything vaping and catch up with top figures in the vaping world to see what they’ve been up to in the last year.”
Last year, World Vape Day 2020 saw a range of activities organised by varied consumer organisations:
- A Twitter campaign: Vapers from across the world used the #WorldVapeDay hashtag to relay their quit journeys and speaking out against vape bans and restrictions
- An email campaign to legislators writing to MPs and MLAs telling them how vaping has helped smokers and why bans do harm
- Online events
Dansk e-Damper Forening, the Danish consumer group, commented at the time and the words still resonate: “We need to raise awareness of the fact that a lot of people have already been smoke-free (and still are) by replacing tobacco with low-risk alternatives and by using flavours that do not resemble tobacco or menthol.
“We must try together to make the World Health Organization aware that they are wrong - and that they have to realise that vapour, snus, and more, are important tools to reduce the number of deaths from tobacco smoking.”
- GoTheExtraMile - https://worldvapersalliance.com/world-vape-day-run/
- INNCO website – [link]
- INNCO Twitter – [link]
- World Vape Day Twitter – [link]
- World Vape Day 2020 India Zoom event – [link]
- Dansk e-Damper Forening – [link]
- Dansk e-Damper Forening, Facebook – [link]
- European Tobacco Harm Reduction Advocates – [link]
- ETHRA Twitter – [link]