Nevertheless Sigelei like other manufacturer's will continue to produce new products if there is a demand for them. However the new 150 watt device is certainly going to cause some controversy. Its design being something of a radical departure from the existing models. Looking at the released images its clear to see Sigelei have gone for a far more ergonomic design, it may not be elegant to some but it should certainly feel far more comfortable in the hand.
I actually rather like its more futuristic looks but I'm sure many would have preferred the more traditional design.
Current Specifications known:
- Aluminium Alloy Construction
- Variable Wattage: 10-150 Watts
- Real time battery readout
- Output Voltage: 1.0-7.5 Volts
- Resistance range 0.1-3.0 Ohm
- Battery Voltage Range: 6.4-8.4 Volts
- Maximum Current: 35 Amps
- Spring Loaded 510 Connection
- No USB charging
- Reverse Battery Protection
- Low Voltage Protection
- High Voltage Warning
- Chip designed to run cool to avoid overheating
- Adjustable Wattage
- Magnetic Battery Compartment Lid
- Temperature Setting can be displayed in Watts or Joules
- Temperature Range: 212-572 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Comes with a silicone protective sleeve
The US Price is expected to be somewhere between $75-80. For the UK price I estimate it will be between £70-85.
There are some estimates of the device being released by the end of June but with the 75 watt device only just starting to find its way over here I would that it won't likely be available in the UK until July at the earliest.