Wismec RX2 21700
Wismec’s RX2 (short for Reuleaux2) series has recently seen the release of the RX2 20700, and this has been quickly followed up with the release of the RX2 21700!
The RX2 21700 boasts the same form factor as the 20700 version, however it uses the more powerful 21700 batteries, enabling it to output up to 230W and offer longer battery life in between charges. As with the 20700 version!
The Wismec RX2 21700 is available in the UK through TECC, or The Electronic Cigarette Company, who were founded in East Lancashire back in 2008 - just as the vaping industry began to evolve. Since those early beginnings, they have grown year on year becoming one of the largest names in the industry. They aspire to provide information and support to the industry as a whole, even being founder members of the IBVTA, as well as providing top quality products. Now positioned as one of the leading vaping suppliers in the industry, TECC offer top quality products that cater to beginners and seasoned vapers alike.
- 1-230W output power
- Max 9V output voltage
- Takes two 21700 batteries
- 18650 battery adaptor supplied
- 46.3mm x 37.1mm x 81.5mm dimensions
- Designed in conjunction with JayBo
- 297g weight
- Spring loaded 510 connector
- Large 1.3inch OLED screen
- Ni200, Titanium and Stainless Steel temperature control modes
- Custom TCR inputs
- 0.1-3.5ohm resistance range in variable wattage mode
- 0.05-1.5ohm resistance range in temperature control mode
- 100-315C/ 200-600F temperature control range
- USB charging port
- 2A maximum charging current
- 50A maximum output current
- 0.5V-9V output voltage range
- Push pull battery door design
- No atomiser alert
- Atomiser low alert
- Short circuit protection
- Overheating protection
- Low battery alert
- Imbalanced battery alert
- Reverse polarity protection
- Charging error alert
What’s in the box?
Inside the Wismec RX2 21700 box you get the RX2 21700 unit itself, two 21700 batteries, two 18650 battery adaptors, USB cable, warranty card and a user manual.
Design and Build Quality
When unboxing the RX2 21700, I was pleased to see that the form factor was pretty much the same as the RX2 20700, as I was a big fan of the design and feel of the RX2 20700.
Save for a couple of millimetres here and there, the size is virtually the same as the 20700 version, even though 21700 batteries are larger than 20700 ones. It does feel a touch heavier in hand however, and it’s quite a weighty device especially with two 21700 batteries in use.
Four different colour finishes are available through TECC, with gloss black, gradient green, gradient purple and gradient white to choose from. The finish is robust and scratch resistant, holding up well to daily use.
A large power button, engraved with the JayBo logo, is found at the front of the device, and it’s easy to reach and responsive. Underneath this is the large 1.3 inch OLED screen, which clearly displays the current power setting (or temperature limit if in temperature control mode), output voltage, coil resistance, a puff counter, and the individual battery life status. The up and down adjustment button is found underneath the screen, alongside a USB port.
At the bottom you will find the battery door release switch, which releases the slide off battery door cover. The Wismec RX2 21700 is compatible with 21700 batteries, or 18650 batteries with the use of the supplied adaptors, you simply slot these into the battery door cover and slide this back on. This will then lock shut, securely holding your batteries in place.
Using the Wismec RX2 21700
- 5 clicks of the power button will turn the Wismec RX2 21700 on.
- Hold the fire and down button simultaneously to enable stealth mode.
- Hold the up and down buttons simultaneously to lock the power setting.
- A micro USB port is present for charging and updating the firmware.
- Whilst the device is off, press the up and down buttons simultaneously to rotate the screen display 180 degrees.
- Press the fire button three times whilst the device is on to switch between variable wattage, Ni200 TC, Ti TC, SS 316 TC and three TCR slots (M1, M2 and M3). Click the fire button to confirm your choice.
- To switch between C and F in TC, scroll past the lowest or highest temperature setting.
- Whilst the resistance is blinking, press the up regulatory button to lock the current resistance- please ensure this is done at room temperature.
- With the bottom information logo highlighted, press up to switch between current, puff counter and puff time.
- When using a TCR memory setting, 600-700 is the value for Nickel, 300-400 is the value for NiFe and Titanium, and 80-200 for SS 303, 304, 316 and 317.
- With the device on and in TC mode, simultaneously press the up and down buttons to enter preheat mode, you can adjust your desired TC preheat as you see fit.
- Press the fire and up regulatory buttons to enter the adjustable timeout menu system, you can set a user defined puff timeout from 5-15 seconds.
By using two 21700 batteries, the Wismec RX2 21700 boasts an extra 30W of output power over the RX2 20700, with a maximum power output of 230W! It also supports the same resistance range of 0.1-3.5ohm in variable wattage mode, making it a great fit for cloud chasers.
A comprehensive temperature control mode is featured, with preset settings for Ni200, Titanium and SS 316 coils. Three TCR memory settings are also available, allowing you to use other coil types in temperature control as well. You can customise your TC vape even further with the preheat function, allowing you to set a preheat from 1-230W, making your coils ramp up as quickly or as slowly as you see fit.
I’ve noticed that battery life is significantly improved over the 20700 version, and I can get near two days use with 0.3-0.4ohm coil builds in the 50-70W range. USB charging is supported as well should you need an emergency charge.
I was highly impressed with the RX2 20700 version when I recently reviewed it, and it became a mod I used on a daily basis, so I was very pleased to see that the 21700 version offers the same stable performance, with even more power and extended battery life.
The increase in battery life is a big plus for me, as I tend to use my RX2’s in the 50W-70W region, and I can go even longer between battery charges.
There aren’t many differences between the RX2 20700 and the RX2 21700, aside from the obvious increase in power and the extended battery life. If you were weighing up the two of them for a potential purchase, I’d recommend the 21700 version over the 20700 one for sure!
Many thanks to TECC for sending in the Wismec RX2 21700 in for review, this can be purchased with two 21700 batteries included from https://www.theelectroniccigarette.co.uk/wismec-rx2-21700-with-2-x-batteries.html - POTV readers can get 20% off this product using the code POTV20!