IJOY Capo 100 Kit
One of the newest products from popular manufacturer IJOY is the Capo 100 Kit, a small and compact device that features the IJOY Capo 100 Box Mod and the Captain Mini Sub Ohm tank.
The Capo 100 Box Mod is another in-house mod that IJOY have developed, following on from devices such as the Captain PD270 and the Maxo, the Capo 100 is a compact 100W device that accepts 21700, 20700 and 18650 batteries, with IJOY claiming that a single 21700 battery can match the lifespan of two 18650 batteries!
Also featured is the Captain Mini Sub Ohm Tank, which is a miniaturised version of the very popular Captain Sub Ohm Tank. With this tank and the Capo 100W Box Mod, the Capo 100 Kit is shaping up to be a quality sub ohm kit!
IJOY Capo 100 Box Mod
- 78.2mm x 52.3mm x 30mm
- Takes 21700/20700/18650 (with adaptor) batteries
- 5-100W output power
- IWEPAL chipset
- 0.96” OLED Screen
- Output power boost modes
- Large sized fire button
- Top battery cover
- 0.05-3ohm resistance range
- Nickel, Titanium and Stainless Steel Temperature Control modes
- TCR mode
- Custom user mode
- Firmware upgradable
- USB charging
IJOY Captain Mini Sub Ohm Tank
- 2ml capacity
- Stainless Steel and glass construction
- Sliding top fill mechanism
- 22.5mm diameter
- Threadless coil head design
- Adjustable airflow
- Widebore Delrin drip tip
- Unique grooved chassis to reduce heat transmission
What’s in the box?
The IJOY Capo 100 Kit consists of the Capo 100 Box Mod, Captain Mini Sub Ohm Tank, IJOY 21700 3750 mAh 40A battery, 0.5ohm CA-M1 coil head, 0.3ohm CA-M2 coil head, a spares pack, micro USB cable and an instruction manual.
IJOY Capo 100 Kit
One half of the IJOY Capo 100 Kit is the IJOY Capo 100 Box Mod itself, a small device measuring 78.2mm x 52.3mm x 30mm with a large sized fire button at the side of the mod and a spring loaded 510 connector at the top. It’s a good size to hold in hand, and a little weighty with a battery installed.
The Capo 100 Box Mod is one of the first commercially available devices that can take 21700 batteries, and IJOY actually include one of their own 21700 3750 mAh 40A batteries in the Capo 100 Kit! Batteries are installed positive down though the top of the mod, via unscrewing the battery cap, you can also use a 20700 battery or an 18650 battery with the use of an adaptor.
I was impressed with the clear OLED screen used on the IJOY Captain PD270 mod that I had previously reviewed, and the same style of screen is present on the Capo 100 Box Mod, which is clear and easily readable under any light conditions. The current wattage setting, battery life, resistance, voltage, amperage, power mode, puff counter and puff timer are all present on screen.
I really enjoyed the IJOY Captain Sub Ohm Tank when I previously reviewed it, however it hasn’t been found for sale with UK vendors due to the tank capacity being more than the allotted 2ml limit with TPD regulations. The new TPD friendly IJOY Captain Mini Sub Ohm Tank is included with the Capo 100 Kit, featuring a 2ml capacity.
The IJOY Captain Mini Sub Ohm Tank is manufactured from stainless steel with a solid glass tank section and a removable wide bore Delrin drip tip, this also features a sliding top fill mechanism which makes filling very easy indeed, taking only a matter of seconds to fill the 2ml tank capacity.
IJOY have also made it quick and simple to replace coil heads with the IJOY Captain Mini Sub Ohm Tank, as the coils use a threadless system meaning that you simply slide the coil in and out of the base of the tank. There’s two huge cyclops airflow slots present on the tank, which are easy to adjust with a very smooth airflow control, and much like its bigger brother the Captain Mini has a groove present on the tank in between the glass and the airflow, which helps to dissipate heat and keep the tank cool during use.
Using the IJOY Capo 100 Kit
- 5 clicks of the power button will turn the Capo 100 Box Mod on and off
- 3 clicks of the power button will take you into the main menu, press the up and down buttons to navigate the menu and the fire button to confirm your selection
- Select the ‘P’ icon to enable power (wattage) mode. The up and down buttons will adjust the wattage
- Intensity setting enables you to select a power boost mode. ‘Norm Mode’ maintains the current power setting. ‘Hard Mode’ will output 30% higher than the current power setting for three seconds. ‘Soft Mode’ will fire at 20% under the current power setting for three seconds. ‘User Mode’ enables you to customise the power output yourself for the first three seconds of each puff, with each column setting representing half a second.
- Selecting the ‘T’ icon in the main menu will enable temperature control mode, you will then select either Ni(Nickel)/Ti(Titanium)/SS (Stainless Steel) or two of the TCR slots. After you have selected your TC coil setting, you’ll then be prompted to select your preferred wattage setting, and then the temperature limit after.
- When installing a new temperature control coil, the Capo 100 Box Mod will prompt you to enter whether this is a new coil or not. To ensure you get an accurate baseline resistance, make sure this is done at room temperature
An IWEPAL chipset is used with the Capo 100 Box Mod, which offers fast, responsive and accurate performance, supporting resistances from 0.05-3ohm and 5-100W of output power with power boost settings also available. The Capo 100 Box Mod also supports Ni200, Titanium and Stainless Steel out of the box in temperature control mode, with a custom TCR input.
When used in power mode, I've had no issues with power delivery, and no delay between pressing the fire button and the device actually firing. Resistance is read accurately, and there's a ton of power available for a single battery device!
When it comes to battery life, I can't say that I got battery life equivalent to two 18650 batteries from the included IJOY 21700 battery. In fact, I struggled to get battery life matching a single 20700 battery, even when using the Capo 100 Box Mod at relatively modest wattage settings of 30-40W I would struggle to get more than around four hours use. If I increased the wattage further, the battery life would decrease substantially to barely two hours, relegating the Capo 100 kit to being a backup device for myself. Interestingly I did try out an IJOY 20700 battery in the Capo 100 Box Mod and got far more out of it!
IJOY's Captain Sub Ohm Tank was one of my favourite sub ohm tanks of 2017, and the Captain Mini Sub Ohm fares pretty much just as well. I get extremely good flavour from this tank, moreso from the 0.5ohm coil head, and although small it can kick out plenty of vapour!
Aside from the battery life issues with the 21700 battery, the IJOY Capo 100 kit is a powerful and decent pocket friendly kit to carry around with you. It's made for a decent backup device to my favoured set ups, and the Captain Mini tank delivers a very tasty and cloudy vape indeed. Build quality is pretty decent overall, meaning that it stands up well to everyday knocks. For a mini kit, it performs very well indeed!
Many thanks to IJOY for sending in the Capo 100 Kit to review, this can be purchased from numerous UK retailers!