What's new

2021 Reviews & Updates

2020 was a surprisingly good year for vaping and shown there is still room for innovation & refinement, Pod/Mod seemed to be the biggest trend, 2021 is already showing promise with the handful of stuff I have tested so far.

Though you won't see every new release I do try to cherry pick stuff I am confident in, occasionally I agree to take on an iffy or unremarkable device which have sometimes turned into hidden treasures, so this year I will be taking a few more punts.

***Your opinions wanted***
I can't duplicate the full reviews on here but rather than this being a spammy 'look at my reviews' thread I will try and add more info, over time I will add the longer usage opinions to see if they last the test of time, but if you have any constructive suggestions to make this thread (or my full reviews) more interesting please comment below.

Kicking off with:

Joyetech ObliQ Pod Kit
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/pod-systems/joyetech-obliq-pod-kit.html

Joytech were generally a company I had ignored for the most part, this was one that I didn't choose but agreed to take it on as nobody else wanted it, a classic example of a hidden gem that I so nearly missed out on!

Pros
  • Simply beautiful design
  • Attention to detail
  • Leak-proof pod design
  • Anti-fingerprint coated glass panels
  • Proper 2A fast charging with 1800mAh battery
  • Screen is very easy to read
  • Oblique shape is very comfortable
  • Top fill pod
  • Putting the ‘Joy’ into tech
Cons
  • MTL airflow could have been tighter
  • Removing the pod can cause you to accidentally fire
I could have gone on and on with the pros, but the cons are minor and easily lived with.

Final Thoughts
The evolution of pod systems can often be tiresome and there really is too much choice out there, thankfully Joyetech have gone to town in refining a superb and more than capable pod system that deserves to stand out as one of the very best, and it has instantly become one of my all-time favourite vapes, it’s that good.

Score: 9/10 – One of the very best RDL/MTL pods out there.

Would have been close to a perfect 10/10 if the MTL draw was a little tighter.

Joytech_Oblique_Pod-7.jpg

Aspire / NoName Zero G kit
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/pod-systems/aspire-x-noname-zero-g-kit.html

Aspire were very keen to have this reviewed ASAP, to say they were excited by it would be an understatement, I took it on even though I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about, just another pod mod?

That soon changed when I got my hands on it, though it takes Nautilus coils it was the RBA that made this kit shine, I still find it hard to consider this as a pod, more a bespoke tank/mod?

Pros
  • Versatile
  • Faux mechanical style power dial
  • High end style RBA
  • Superb airflow options
  • Is it a pod? Is it a Mod/Tank – call it both (or a Podank)
  • AVP Pro coils
  • Smart design and engineering
  • Ideal for both RDL and MTL
Cons
  • Oi! Aspire – where’s the spare tank?
  • USB-C but 1A charging
Final thoughts
Apire have excelled with this collaboration and it is a fine addition to the Prestige range. As a MTL fan, I’m especially pleased with this kit for both the stock coil and superb RBA option with a high end look and feel but at a reasonable price. Many thanks to UK Aspire Vendor for sending this in for review.

When is a pod not a pod? When it’s an Aspire Zero G.

Score: 8.5/10 – Best MTL/RDL "Podank" out there.
(9/10 if it had a spare pod, so it’s best to buy a spare pod/tank assembly for it).

Aspire_Zero_G_Pod_Kit-6.jpg

Aspire_Zero_G_Pod_Kit-DIY.jpg

Aspire Mynus Vapourless Disposable Vape System
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...-mynus-vapourless-disposable-vape-system.html

I only agreed to this one as the 'Vapourless' feature sounded intriguing, the possibilities for stealthy vaping were endless and Aspire delivered the promise, pretty impressive.

My review nearly didn't make it due to my wordplay on the name and rarely Aspire had to approve it, companies never censor or influence our opinions on the actual devices but my wordplay could have potentially upset them so we asked them to approve it, turned out Aspire had a great sense of humour about it and were all for having a bit of fun in the review.

Pros
  • Tiniest vape I’ve seen
  • Vapourless works perfectly
  • The very best stealth vape out there
  • Very lightweight and comfortable
  • MTL auto-draw is ciggie like tight
  • Wick Liquor juices
Cons
  • Lifespan makes it expensive
  • Disposable can never be a good thing
  • Once you get "My-A-Nus" into your head, you can’t forget it
Final thoughts
I think the Mynus really has a place in the vaping world as they are so damn useful for vaping where you wouldn’t usually get away with it. The imagination runs wild as to where you can now vape, and it will no doubt be useful for those that struggle to get a vape break or in a situation that normally leaves you craving (flight etc.).

It most certainly isn’t an economical way to vape, but only you can decide how valuable this stealth vape will be to you. For me, I will have at least a couple stashed away for the right situation.

I can only score this device for what it is, and at the moment it’s in its own class.

Score: 8/10 – Superb Stealth Pod.
(Would be a 9/10 if it lasted longer).

Aspire_Mynus_Pod-4.jpg

There's a few more to add when I get a chance but you can find them here:
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews

Watching with interest Si. Aspire are doing a good job at the moment. Waiting patiently for the Aspire Nautilus Prime X. Will be a cracking AIO.

Watching with interest Si. Aspire are doing a good job at the moment. Waiting patiently for the Aspire Nautilus Prime X. Will be a cracking AIO.

Thanks @rew - I am still on the hunt for the Aspire Nautilus Prime X. I'm more curious how effective the airflow control is than anything, unless I've missed an update I'm becoming less of a fan of the higher ohm Nautilus coils, they just feel a little outdated comparing to the flavour you get from other brands newer coils, but if the airflow & RBA is anything like the one on the Zero G I'm all in.

From what I've seen the kit comes with a 0.3 & 0.7 ohm coils makes me think it's more aimed at a loose MTL/RDL?

Have you seen Todd's review? I do love the look of it.

So a few more to add, 2021 has been busy as fuck so far and keeping me occupied during lockdown.

Voopoo Argus Pod System Kit Review
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/pod-systems/voopoo-argus-pod-system-kit.html

VooPoo_Argus_Pod_Kit-10.jpg

Pros
  • Compact and stylish
  • Solid quality
  • Some really nice smaller details
  • Versatile dual PnP pods and coil range
  • MTL Auto-draw
  • One of the better starter kits
Cons
  • MTL Airflow needs revising
  • Auto-draw is only effective for MTL with airflow closed off
The cons are few and there’s no deal breakers for me as long as you know what to expect.

Final thoughts
Knowing what I know now, then I would definitely buy this kit with the main purpose of a compact MTL device with the option of occasional RDL usage. I really hope VooPoo revise this kit to seal the airflow, but I’m happy with my little hack for now.

Score: 8.5/10 – I just love it.
VooPoo almost nailed this kit, a tighter MTL airflow would take it over a 9/10 (maybe 9.5).

------------------------------

Rincoe Jellybox 228 TC Box Mod Review
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/pod-systems/rincoe-jellybox-228-tc-box-mod.html

Rincoe_Jellybox_228W_Mod-8.jpg

Pros
  • Lightweight
  • Great in the hand
  • Beginner friendly
  • Price
  • Minimal branding (thank god they didn’t plaster ‘Jellybox’ all over it)
  • Such a good design
  • A light show to make your mates ‘well jel’
Cons
  • Limited functionality and TC limitations
The single con isn’t a con for me as I’m very happy with it in VW only and I very much doubt new users will care either.

Final thoughts
Let me make this clear (ba-dum), the Jellybox is an absolute steal if you like the looks of it. The gimmicky LEDs can be turned off it that turns you off. If you don’t find this mod value for money, then I will eat my cat.

Score: 9/10 – A ‘clear’ favourite.

-------------------------------

Uwell Tripod PCC Pod Kit Review
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/pod-systems/uwell-tripod-pcc-pod-kit.html

Uwell-Tripod-PCC-Pod-1.jpg

Pros
  • The MTL draw and flavour is so damn good
  • Tiny pocket friendly pod system
  • Portable charger works a charm and handy
  • Spare pods to swap flavours is handy
  • Value for money
  • Did I mention the box?
Cons
  • Pods prone to leaking a little
Final Thoughts
I absolutely love how this little pod vapes and the tiny size really appeals to me. The charging unit makes it my pod of choice for out and about, I’m not going to include my niggle about the charging as it comes down to personal habits and it hasn’t marred my enjoyment of this kit. A little housekeeping and the chance of it leaking shouldn’t be an issue but if you’re anything like me, you will find the vape worth it.

Score: 8/10 – My new favourite MTL pod

-----------------------

This kit has been growing on me even more after the review period, my PM80 is gathering dust now.

Vaporesso Swag PX80 Review
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/pod-systems/vaporesso-swag-px80.html

Vaporesso_Swag_PX80-8.jpg

Pros
  • A stunning design
  • IML embedded screen looks superb (IML = Inner Meatloaf Leopard?)
  • High quality chassis with a nice finish
  • Takes GTX coils
  • Leak resistant tank design
  • Feels great in the hand
  • Ideal for novice vapers
Cons
  • Bottom fill podank
  • No spare pod
Neither con is a deal-breaker, far from it as the overall kit is something a bit special. A stunning and classy design which packs that GTX punch. Forget MTL as the PX80 is clearly aimed at DL & RDL users, they have nailed the vape for both.

Score: 8.5/10 – One of Vaporesso’s finest kits

(Close to a 9 – 9.5/10 if the tank looked classier)

--------------------------------
*** Since writing the review I have heard of an alarming issue - holding down ALL buttons bricks the mod! - Eleaf are aware and working on a firmware update.

Eleaf P100 Review
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/pod-systems/eleaf-p100.html

Eleaf_iStick_P100-5.jpg

Pros
  • 3400mAh internal battery.
  • 2 Amp usb-C fast charging.
  • Classy styling with subtle branding.
  • GZ Coils are Eleaf’s best yet.
  • Full on DL airflow.
  • Superb screen.
Cons
  • Airflow isn’t adjustable.
  • TPD pod is awful (not Eleaf’s fault).
  • Limited functionality mod.
Final Thoughts
The iStick P100 is a very capable DL sub-ohm pod/mod and is perfect for a long day’s use. Turning the screen off lasts even longer. There’s zero innovation here, but if you’re an Eleaf fan and are looking for a classy classic, then I can’t see any reason that the P100 will disappoint. It’s simply a superb, solid bit of kit despite its limitations.

Score: 8/10 – Heavy hitting DL Pod/Mod

(Would have scored a 9/10 with adjustable airflow)

--------------------------------

I've tried to make this loooooooooooooong review a bit less boring by adding randomness within.

Vapefly Optima 80W 18650 Pod kit Review
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/pod-systems/vapefly-optima-80w-18650-pod-kit.html

Vapefly_Optima_AIO-3.jpg
Vapefly_Optima_AIO-Mesh-Kit-2.jpg

Pros
  • Build your own vertical mesh coils!
  • An 18650 pod kit on a diet
  • Smart and refined pod design
  • 2 x pods to suit each option
  • A juice window that is actually viewable!
  • Suits experienced and novice users
  • Bright and clear screen
Cons
  • Fixed airflow
I’m not going to include the RDTA in the ratings as it is an optional extra, it’s not perfect but I’m certainly glad I have it and will use it a lot, I would give the RDTA a 7/10.

Final thoughts
When it came to the pros and cons, I realised that there was nearly nothing to complain about. I did consider adding the potentially chippable paint finish but only time will tell on that and I could be wrong (for all I know it could be powder coated?).

The Optima is a cracking DL pod/mod AIO for stock coils but even better for DIY mesh building, the most fun I’ve had with a rebuildable pod system.

Score: 9/10
Vapefly deliver yet again.

Tag teaming with @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen) on the review on this twatter.

Innokin Sensis Find F0

So far we're enjoying it a lot for MTL vaping, even beats the Sceptre.

Glass pod is really nice and the adjustable airflow is very effective.

Innokin_Sensis_Find_F0-1.jpg
Innokin_Sensis_Find_F0-POD.jpg

Hey hey

You all get 2 for one with us! Not sure if that's a good thing or not!

Yes agree Mr VS, loving it, literally have not vaped anything else since i cracked it open! MTL.....lush

20210207_135400.jpg

I was talking with Michelle yesterday about our reviews and interestingly Si, your name kept cropping up :2thumbsup:
The quality of your photos is outstanding, and perhaps something others could think about?
I think one point that gets missed all too often is the fact that it is NOT only us members that look at Front Page Reviews. Modders, Manufacturers etc also look to see how their items are being promoted. I personally have been having a right old time with a Higher End Brand that were looking to come on board, but then saw something that made them withdraw, so do remember, it's not just us Apes that see these reviews Folks,

I was talking with Michelle yesterday about our reviews and interestingly Si, your name kept cropping up :2thumbsup:
The quality of your photos is outstanding, and perhaps something others could think about?
I think one point that gets missed all too often is the fact that it is NOT only us members that look at Front Page Reviews. Modders, Manufacturers etc also look to see how their items are being promoted. I personally have been having a right old time with a Higher End Brand that were looking to come on board, but then saw something that made them withdraw, so do remember, it's not just us Apes that see these reviews Folks,
Agree, he is very good at photos

Thanks for the reminder, i try my best for the main page but its not my strength at all!

It's an horrific job as I know too well and I doff my cap to those who (a) undertake it and (b) do it well :)

Just bear in mind that you are also promoting a Professional Outfit in POTV itself. :worship:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom