Wenax Stylus by GeekVape
RRP: £20 for the kit - Pack of 5 coils £9.99 - Pack of 3 replacement pods £3.99
Thank you to Heavens Gifts for sending this into us for review!
Geekvape is one of the most popular brands globally for vaping products. They are known for their Aegis range, Zeus tanks and the Boost AIO Pod. They are obviously not just a one trick pony!
I was very happy when they sent me a sample many months ago when it was called the “Exon”, this was a sample kit only sent directly from GV. So, I have had the benefit of using the kit on and off for a few months now. I jumped at the chance to review the updated retail version called “The Wenax Stylus”
In the Box
- Geekvape Wenax Stylus device
- G Coil Formula 0.6Ω coil (installed)
- G Coil Formula 1.2Ω coil
- Coil tool
- 2 drip tips (mtl and dtl)
- Usb cable
- User manual
Specs and Features
- Size: 19 x 112mm Weight: 44g
- Material: Aluminium
- Battery: built-in 1100mAh battery
- Autofire: 14/15/16W (0.6Ω) & 9/10/11W (1.2Ω)
- Button fire: 16W(0.6Ω) /11W(1.2Ω)
- Low voltage warning: 3.2±0.1V
- Resistance range: 0.5-3Ω
- Longest vaping time: 10s
- Working temperature: -10-45℃
- PCBA temperature alarm: 80℃
- Charging: 5V/1A
- Capacity: 2ml
- Resistance: G Coil 0.6Ω mesh & 1.2Ω coil
- Unibody Aluminium construction, slim and portable
- Internal 1100mAh battery
- Auto draw and button triggered modes
- Adjustable three power output: Low White, Middle Blue, High Green
From the get go, I found the kit so easy to use. Being more of an MTL user, I put the 1.2Ω coil in first. I used the longer delrin drip tip for this coil. It has a nice fill hole with a secure stopper bung, no issues there.
I filled it with some Dr Vapes Pink Sour Nic Salts 10mg, left it for around 10 minutes to soak in. There are no magnets, and the pod fits in snug with a little click. It's secure and will not come out unless pulled.
I used the auto draw at the lowest setting (white, 9 watts). The flavour was muted at first, but I then upped the wattage by clicking the button at the base 3 times and went straight to Green (11W). That was much better for me as I do prefer a stronger flavour. Vapour production is pretty standard for this type of device. It’s a nice mtl draw, I would say tight to medium, and the flavour is very good especially once the coil has bedded in.
Moving to the 0.6Ω coil, I used freebase 70/30 juice. With the max power, it has nice flavour but for me, this coil needs more airflow to truly get the flavour from the higher VG liquid. This device is definitely more MTL and maybe very restricted DL.
As you can see from the device, the power/on/off button is at the base which is not ideal, but to be honest I hardly used the button as I prefer to auto draw anyway. It’s cool how the button lights up when you inhale, something a little different. The colour of the LED button dictates the wattage as well as the battery level.
- 1100 mAh battery – mtl lasts a good 1.5 days (depending on how much you vape)
- Charges in 1 hour
- Nice in the hand, mine has a rubbery feel to it
- 1.2Ω coil is good, nice medium to tight draw
- Easy push in coils
- Provided drip tips work well and are comfortable
- 510 standard drip tips can be used
- G Coils - good flavour and vapour
- Easy to fill
- No leaking
- Its GeekVape! Their aftersales service is very good and you know you get quality products.
- Coil tool, needed especially with a new coil – it’s the same as the boost tool
- Button position is not ideal
- The pod is a little dark
- 1 of the 1.2Ω coils burnt out quicker (dodgy coil) with initial sample kit
- More airflow needed for the 0.6Ω coil but this is personal preference
- Micro usb – preference is usb-C
- Slight condensation which is to be expected
I would recommend this device more for MTL users and anyone trying to give up the smokes. It is so easy to use and hassle free. G coils are readily available in the UK
OVERALL SCORE = 8.5/10