What's new

Voopoo Zip Mini kit.

crustyfolker

Veteran
Happy Easter Apes and Lady Apes. So This review is for the Voopoo Zip Mini Kit which was sent to me by Thea @VOOPOO. So first thing i want to do is thank Thea for giving me a great couple of weeks using the Drag platinum the Maat rank and also the all new Zip Mini Kit.

Whats in the Box.

• 1 x Alpha Zip Mini-120W MOD
  • 1 x MAAT Tank
  • 1 x MT-M2 Coil
  • 1 x MT-M1 Coil
  • 1 x Glass Tube(2ml)
  • 6 x Sealing O-Ring
  • 1 x USB Cable
  • 2 x User Manual
  • 1 x GENE Chip Card
  • 1 x Warranty Card
Stats.

Alpha Zip Mini MOD
Size: 48.5 x 24 x 80mm
Power Range: 5-120W
Battery: Built-in 4400mAh
Material: Zinc Alloy & Stainless Steel & Plastic
Resistance Range: 0.5-5.0ohm
Voltage Output: 0-7.5V
Quiescent Current: <10uA
TC Range: 200-600℉/100-315℃

MAAT Tank
Size: 55.75 x 28mm(Standard)/ 55.75 x 24.5mm(TPD)
Capacity: Standard 4ml/ TPD 2ml
Coil: MT-M1 0.13ohm Single Mesh Coil(60-85W); MT-M2 0.2ohm Dual Mesh Coil (55-80W)
Material: Stainless Steel & Glass
Air Intake: Middle Adjustable Airflow
Way to Refill: Standard: Top fill with top button; TPD: Top fill without top button
Thread: 510

Ok folks I will link my Maat tank review at the end and just concentrate on the Mod which is a new version of the Voopoo Alpha mod and with it being the mini version it is just like a Drag 2 mini. The Alpha mini does have built in batteries which last well per charge. I like the size of this mod. The buttons nice clicky buttons, the screen is ok but could be brighter.
24.5mm attys fit perfect with no overhang with a centred 510 and the menu system is the same as the Drag 2 and Drag 2 mini. Five clicks on or off 3 clicks to get to menu for wire types and temp controll another 3 clicks to choose between fit 1 and fit 3 which is useful when using different coil types but fit 3 does wack a lot of power out for ramp up so be careful. You dont want a burnt coil.
A_03.jpg

The Gene chip as usual has instant fire and provides a fantastic vape. above are the 5 colour schemes available i have the first one with the gold panels and to be honest i like it the most. The usb port is at the bottom of the mod face below the down button and the mod does recharge pretty fast.
there are 7 vent holes on the base of the mod.

Pros.

looks nice
perfect size for out and about
good battery life
Works as you expect from the Gene Git chip
Fire button position is great for finger or thumb with either hand
build quality

Cons.

the battery bars last well until you get half way then they deplete fast.

Conclusion

The Voopoo Zip mini is a great built in battery mod offering upto 120w of power. Its pretty light weight and does everything you need. Its a nice mod and with the Maat tank on top provides a great experience. Would i recommend it yes especially if you like built in battery mods with a decent chipset. I hope Voopoo release formware to make the battery bars more real time than they currently are but i have no complaints about the mod and how it looks, works etc. Plus the Maat tank is a flavour machine imo. I have got used to the Maat now and i found out how to refill without getting liquid everywhere. My only issue with the Maat now is the triple head coil Voopoo sent me wont allow me to put the bottom of the tank back on so i haven't been able to test the m3 coil as yet.

here are the links to other Voopo products namely the Maat tank and Drag 2.
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...inum-and-the-maat-sub-ohm-tank-review.180294/

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/product-reviews/device-reviews/regulated-mods/threads/voopoo-drag2-
kit.175201/

Thank you for reading. Hopefully the review has been useful to you.

Great reveiw mate. I found you really need to squeeze the triple in quite hard to get it to fit.

Back
Top Bottom