What's new

Voopoo Drag2 Platinum and the Maat sub ohm tank review

crustyfolker

Veteran
Hi Apes and Lady Apes. Thanks to the Lovely lady Thea @VOOPOO for sending me some goodies to review for you people Todays review is for the Drag 2 platinum and the Maat Sub ohm tank. So i will review the Maat 1st then i will just add some comments about the Drag 2 platinum along with the review i did on the Drag 2 .

Maat tank. Whats in the box.

1x Maat tank preinxtalled with 0.2 dual mesh coil and 4ml bubbleglass
1x 0.13 mesh coil
1x spare bag of 6 orings
1x user manual
1x 2ml glass

TPD version has a 2ml glass fitted and no 4ml glass.

Stats.

Size: 56 x 28mm(Standard) & 56 x 24.5mm(TPD)
Capacity: Standard 4ml & TPD 2ml
Coil: MT-M1 0.13ohm Single Mesh Coil(60-85W); MT-M2 0.2ohm Dual Mesh Coil (50-80W)
Material: Stainless Steel & Glass
Way to Refill: Standard: Top fill with automatic gap; TPD: Top fill with child safety lock
Thread: 510.

What about it.

So i am not usually a subtank with shock coils kind of bloke but I have been pleasantly surprised by the Maat tank but as you will hear i do have a few niggles. MAAT or Middle Adjustable Air Tank. This tank does drink juice to be fair but the flavour is fantastic so far. I am still using the 0.2 duel mesh coil with my ADV unicorn milk. I can taste more in the juice than i usually do and for this i have to say it is the best stock coil tank i have used for flavour and also great vapour production.
The child lock is another good feature and the plug n play coils are excellent for ease of use, folks with arthritis will love how easy it is to swap coils and fill without having to unscrew tight parts. I like the look of the Maat tank but there will be Black and Rainbow colour Maat tanks available as well as Stainless steel.
So filling the Maat there,s a push in button on the side of the tanks lid which causes the lid to shoot to one side revealing a single fill port. The fill port can be a pain with bigger nozzle bottles and i find because the air can only escape from the fill port i get leakage when refilling.. The drip tip is not an 810 is similar to the Cleito ie the outer part is removeable but you are left with a metal stump i tend to find it easier to remove the outer part of the drip tip to allow me to get more liquid into the tank.But you must take your time or you get a bubble and juice will run.
I filled the tank first time round and let it stand for half hour and began at 50 watts moving up to 66-70w. and no dry hits or bad experiences vaping with it.
The airflow is not massive on the tank but wide open provides a cloudy flavoursome vape.
Testing the tank to dry i found a slight taste of burn appear and refilled and it tasted fine again. I will report on the other 2 coils as Voopoo also sent me a m3 coil. Maintenance is pretty straight forward for cleaning but my finally advice is store the tank upright dont lie it on its side or it will release liquid.
To change coils unscrew the bottom off the tank and just pull the coil out and pop in a new one you may need to give it a good press but its simple enough and then re screw the bottom of the base on.

Pro's

Flavour flavour flavour
easy to change coil
Looks nice
child lock

Cons

one fill port
drip tip needed to be 810
I would have preferred a screw on top with 2 or more fill ports.

Conclusion.

I have enjoyed using the Maat tank and will carry on using it. The flavour has been exceptional, maybe its my juice suits the Maat tank but i am going to recommend the Maat to anyone who uses stock coil tanks . the 3 cons i have for it. I still give it a thumbs up for performance and build quality but a thumbs down for the lid .A Crown 4 style lid with 2 or more refill holes and a simiar lock would have worked better. I would still buy one of these myself if i was after a good Sub ohm tank
I have been using the Maat tank almost a week all day and still getting excellent flavour from the pre installed 0.2 coil.
Voopoo Drag Platinum.

So the link to my Drag2 kit is below which will sum up the Drag 2 platinum. The Platinum finish is far more elegant and classy than the Original Drag2. The battery door on mine has the occasional wobble but is slightly better than my original Drag2. I have the Aurora colour platinum Drag2. I hope the Platinum's coating performs better than the Drag 2. The resin is smoother on the platinum also.

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...gulated-mods/threads/voopoo-drag2-kit.175201/

Ok folks thats about it till another 4 days when i will reviewing another Voopoo release all i will say is it has built in batteries and 120w capable no its not another Drag, You will have to wait sorry. But thanks for reading i hope it was helpful

http://www.voopoo.com/maat

pics will be uploaded tomorrow day having a spot of phone to laptop problems

thanks for the review might have to check this tank out for myself :)2 sounds pretty good to me ;)

thanks for the review might have to check this tank out for myself :)2 sounds pretty good to me ;)
Its a decent tank but as said a few changes to the top would have made it tip top. I guess things are subjective to each individual but i found the taste very strong

Back
Top Bottom