What's new

Voopoo Drag2 kit.

crustyfolker

Veteran
Hi Apes, My first review this year is for the Voopoo2 kit, which was sent to me by Ella @Sourcemore so first of all Thank you Ella for sending the Drag 2 kit to me.
My review is my own personal opinion.

Whats in the box.

●1 x Drag 2 177W Mod

●1 x UFORCE T2 (5ml)

●1 x UFORCE U2 (Pre-installed)

●1 x UFROCE N3

●1 x Glass Tube (3.5ml)

●7 x Sealing O-Rings

●1 x USB Cable

●1 x GENE Chip Card

●2 x User Manual

●1 x Warranty Card

Stats.

Mod Size 88.3x51x26.5mm
Mod Material Zinc Alloy & Resin
Battery Type Dual 18650 Batteries (NOT included)
Power Range 5-117W
Resistance Range 0.05-5.0ohm
Temperature Range 200-600℉/100-315℃
Innovative Mode FIT Mode
Output Current 0-40A
Output Voltage Range 0-7.5V
Upgraded Function Yes
Tank Size 28x54.5mm
Tank Capacity 5ml
Coil Type U2/U4/U6/U8/N1/N2/N3/R2/D4 Coils Compatible
Thread 510 thread

So lets talk about it. The @VOOPOO Drag 2 first. A 177w capable mod which is 20 watts more than the Original Drag and as usual wattage increases and decreases are in a full watt increment, Lighter, smaller and more ergonomic than it's predecessor and fitted with the new Gene fit chipset. Comes in 8 different resin panel colour schemes on a black mod. I chose the fire cloud and i really like the look of the resin. The battery door has a curve to it helping the Drag 2 accommodate 24mm atomisers and has the large DRAG logo which i wish Voopoo would make the door resin and put a smaller logo on the spine the reason for this is it gives both hands the ability to fire the mod with either finger or thumb and the panel being visible whitchever hand or firing style plus it would make the mod even more pleasant to look at.
The door is lighter than the original and the magnets are a little weak as the door does have slight movement as i grip the mod the door slides up and down slightly . There's battery vents on the bottom and a Stainless steel 510 with a gold plated spring loaded 510 which i am not a fan of as it protrudes so any tank over 23mm will have a slight gap and so won't sit flush. Again the Gene chip fires instantly. Stainless steel buttons with no rattle and a usb port for charging and firmware updates. However the Drag 2 does not have pass through function so you can't vape while charging. Battery life is very good per charge and like the OG Drag the mod will suggest the wattage for your coil when you change atomisers or coil as the case maybe, it is upto you if you want to alter it.

Operation is five clicks of the fire button switches your mod on/off.
Wattage mode. obvious up/ down wattage buttons which doesn't round robin and fire button. But press fire and up you lock the device Fire and left rotates the screen but doesn't rotate the up down buttons so up will still be up. Hold up and down gets you into a section that allows 5 presets for custom power curves. you can also check your device serial number and the firmware version. if you choose one of the memory slots you can press the fire button 4 times to access and change the power curve to your desire.
On the main screen we have both battery level indicators, wattage, coil ohms, voltage and timer for your last puff.

When on 3 clicks gets you into the menu for "Fit Mode" Fit mode is meant to prevent dry hits on stock coil tanks. Fit mode has 3 settings to choose from which I haven't used due to i need to learn more about fit mode all i do know is 1 is the least powerful 3 the most powerful. I will come back and add info about Fit mode. The screen in fit mode shows both battery level bars the word FIT and 1,2,3 you also get the last puff timer.

Another 3 clicks of the fire button will get you into Temp control where you can choose NI TI or SS wires. On screen You get the Temp in place of wattage and wattage takes the voltage slot. you also get the temp in your chosen format f or c and the coil material is displayed if one of the 3 presets. To alter wattage in temp control you need to press the fire button 4 times and then up/down to alter. In temp control your max wattage is 80 watts, i see people scratching their heads but 80 watts preheat should be enough when using temp control because when your coils hit the set temperature the wattage will lower. Lets pretend you could use all 177w in Temp control how long would the mod apply the 177w before coils hit set temp, parts of a second and then it would drop off to well under 80w maybe down to sub 30w. So i wouldn't say it's a bad idea limiting Temp control to 80w.
press up and down together gets you into a menu where you can do your custom curves, set/tweak ohms or return to the main screen. change coil ohms and the temp format.
Temp control mode was used during the time i have had the mod and i found it to be ok but not fantastic.

OK onto the Uforce T2 tank which i used for about a week before it suffered from a burnt taste . This was caused in part by trying out the max suggested wattage. That was the 0.4 odm coil which i found best around 60w rated 40-80w. I did try the coil in fit mode and fit 3 was way to much for the coil and it became unusable.
The tank gives a pleasant vape when used mid range of the coils recommended wattage and the flavour was very decent. I also like the shiny black colour of the tank and the drip tip that matches the resin panel. The top filling system is a sliding cap that reveals one oblong fill port i find this system ok but worry that it could easily open in a pocket or bag. The uforce T2 has the small gap round the 510 whn on the mod.
I would like to get the T2 rba when it comes out but wish one was included in the kit.
The tank hasn't leaked even after standing 4-5 days unused which is also good as i find most stock coil sub ohm tanks do.

Pros.

works very well
Looks great
more hand friendly than the OG Drag
easy to alter menu systems
improved Gene chipset

Good flavour and vapour production
easy to fill
looks nice
Matching resin drip tip
5ml capacity

Cons

Battery door being a bit loose
the 510 being raised slightly
The massive Drag logo i would like to see this replaced by a resin panel

Top cap easily opened
coil life wasn't fantastic
No RBA in the Kit

Conclusion

I really like the Drag2 kit, more so the mod as i enjoy using RTA's or rba tanks. The kit is a good mid range kit with a mod that works well on the whole although the Temp control isn't magnificent it is fairly accurate.
It's nice in hand easy to use and alter. The tank is a nice looking black tank that vapes well and is easy to use, refill and maintain. I have also been using the ORFR tank with the mod and with a 0.9 ohm ni80 6 wrap clapton and it's excellent on battery vape time. The battery door and the 510 could do with altering so they are both flush and the door stops moving.
Would i recommend it?. Yes i would as i enjoy using the Voopoo Drags 1 and 2. They fire fast work well and the resin panels are nice. The Drag2 is user friendly and the smaller lighter more hand friendliness make it a pleasure to use.
I feel the Uforce T2 is a good tank but i am not sure about the coils longevity the flavour was good i must admit.

Thanks for reading my review pictures will be added in the daytime.

here is a link to the kit currently $53.20 plus shipping https://www.sourcemore.com/voopoo-drag-2-177w-kit-with-uforce-t2-fire-cloud.html

VOOPOO_Drag_2_Kit.jpg

Good one mate. Coils didnt last that long?
I've got a mini coming and have wondered about that oversized logo myself. Im thinking of blacking that panel out somehow.

nice review like you id like to see the Drag logo replaced puts me off getting one

great review mate

think zapwraps do something that'll hide that massive drag if you want to
Is the battery door the panel with the huge drag down the side? as there is a couple places you can get a custom door

Thanks folks, i think the Drag logo could be covered by a wrap or skin of sorts the downside is getting it to match. All panels differ even the same coloured ones. Mine looks different to the stock picture of the same coloured panel for example there maybe more of a green to a panel but another may not have green or very little making the wrap work with one but not the other. The Ink colour is probably the easiest for a matching wrap as its just black and white.

Great review, I've always liked the range, but like you, I find the logo a bit of a drag.

Good one mate. Coils didnt last that long?
I've got a mini coming and have wondered about that oversized logo myself. Im thinking of blacking that panel out somehow.

The tank takes the freemax mesh coils (not the pro ones though) mate and I've found they seem to last a wee bit longer. The included 0.4 is decent mind you and there's not too much difference but I do prefer the freemax ones myself.

Good review as well @crustyfolker

The tank takes the freemax mesh coils (not the pro ones though) mate and I've found they seem to last a wee bit longer. The included 0.4 is decent mind you and there's not too much difference but I do prefer the freemax ones myself.

Good review as well @crustyfolker
Thanks, I still have a packet of the Freemax coils in the cupboard. Actually just got a message from the post that its being delivered today. :thumbup: A new shiny to play with. Was getting pretty bored in this heat no being able to do much, it'll be a welcome diversion.

Back
Top Bottom