What's new

Review "El Toro Range" by Absolute Toro.

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
El Toro Cigarillos Naturales:

The original El Toro juice. We both have a bit of history with Cigarillos Naturales, this was Carol's first introduction quite a while back now into tobacco vapes after previously resisting them, and we have become converts purely thanks to the quality of El Toro Cigarillos. For us, it is reminiscent of Café Crème cigars, which Carol was very fond of treating herself to when I was a smoker. For a newcomer to the El Toro range, or even for a newcomer to tobacco vapes, this is the juice we would be recommending you try first. Here is what Reviewer dw1986 originally had to say when he first reviewed this blend in 2015.

"El Toro Cigarllos Naturales offers a really smooth tobacco experience, and as per the description the earthy and nutty undertones are present thoughout. In terms of the smoothness, it really is exceptionally smooth for a tobacco vape on both the inhale and exhale, and the tobacco flavour is never overpowering. I almost get a vanilla undertone on the inhale but this may just be the smoothness of the vape. Throat hit is strong, as per a real cigarillo, but for me this isn’t as strong as most of the others in the El Toro range, it’s something you will adapt to quite quickly, and ex-cigar/pipe smokers would take this in their stride. If you are looking to replicate the taste of a real cigarillo, then this is the liquid you want to be choosing. It’s a hell of an achievement, and a standard bearer for tobacco vapes within the industry."

All we can add to Dan’s magnificent description is that this was Carol’s All Day Vape for approximately 2.5 years. She started exploring other flavours and moved on. Upon receiving the latest samples she was straight into the parcel and removing all “Cigarillos” before I could spirit a bottle away. I trust her tastebuds and she immediately reported that it was an absolute delight to be reacquainted with her favourite Tobacco vape of all time.

El Toro Puros:

Puros is a very authentic replication of a real Cuban cigar taste. Sniffing the bottle once opened is almost like running your nose along a cigar. In terms of taste, it’s very woody and nutty, hitting the back of your throat hard on the inhale and lingering on your tongue on the exhale.

Puros” was one of the 3 blends that formed my All Day Vapes, the others being “Eden” and latterly “Minotor”. Returning to it after an all too long absence has been a real joy to me and like Carol and her beloved “Cigarillos”. I have been questioning whatever possessed me to move away from it, it really is very intoxicating and addictive……….. Be warned! Dan is absolutely correct, it packs a real wallop when it comes to Throat Hit and could be something one needs to take slowly and gently when first trying it out. I could become addicted all too easily, but knowing what other treats lie in store from the “Absolute Toro” range, I shall refrain from complete absorption ... For Now!

El Toro Puros Dark:

This is El Toro Puros with coffee and chocolate thrown into the mix. It tastes very similar to Puros, the signature Puros tobacco flavour is instantly recognizable. The coffee and chocolate as per any liquid “Absolute Toro" produce have been replicated to perfection, and are easily identifiable on both the inhale and exhale along with a very subtle sweetness enhancing the experience. The coffee is almost a nutty coffee, and the chocolate is sweet however as mentioned that sweetness is very subtle.

“Puros Dark” has a following of which many other blending houses would be envious. Ironically then, on a personal level, I actually prefer the original “Puros” as I find it behaves in a rather kinder way on the coils. “Puros Dark” is a liquid which will require you to re coil on a very regular basis. In fact, if using an RTA…… as I was during testing ………. Think about being prepared to re coil after 2 Tankfuls !!

That aside, it really is an exceptional vape, maybe not an All Day Vape as it is a pretty heady mixture, but if relaxing on an evening, right up there with the best.

El Toro Minotor:

When Minotor first appeared, I was very intrigued. There had been a previous version available named “Minotaur” which was an incredibly strong and complex liquid, Blood Red in colour, like a glass of Bulls Blood Wine. The newer version had calmed things down very dramatically and to my mind, was greatly improved in so doing. This very quickly became a “must have” in my rotation and whilst never a huge fan of cinnamon per se, remained a staple of my rotation for ages.

Revisiting it has been another joy. I had been concerned that my tastes may have changed significantly but I had nothing to fear!! Another Master Piece by Georgio and his Team and one I shall always keep to hand.

El Toro Eden:

Have you ever dreamt of an exotic tobacco with exquisite aromas of natural apples? The El Toro Eden is moving the boundaries of tobacco/fruit to a different level. Pure Cuban tobaccos blended with organic apple for an unparalleled freshness, and a hint of spiced undertone. Strong and simply extraordinary.

Eden was THE liquid for me. I adored it back in 2014 when I first tried it and stayed with it for a long while. There isn’t a great deal that needs to be added to the above review apart from reinforcing the comments about the Apple. When I was growing up on the family farm, there was an Apple Orchard, every year we would gather the apples and then store them in a shed on specially designed Apple Racks. The glorious aroma was something which has stayed with me for some 50 years. Opening a bottle of “Eden” and having a gentle sniff, transports me straight back to the Apple Shed, it really is that good. The flavours in “Eden combine in a magical way and it is a blend of which I could never tire. Over the subsequent years I have tried numerous other houses Tobacco and Apple blends, but no one has ever captured the experience as well. As a footnote, if vaping this in the Car, the beautiful aroma of Apple will greet you when you return the next day. There you go Georgio, will we see an “Eden” Car Air Freshener I wonder?

Fantastic reveiew on a truly legendary and historic range.

Nice one Rob

You bugger, that's another one for my shopping cart. [emoji16][emoji16]
Thanks for the review, tempting my taste buds.

Great review.

Whatever happened to Virginia Prime, why did they stop making that?

Great review.

Whatever happened to Virginia Prime, why did they stop making that?

Virginia Prime® Gold is a refined long-chain omega-3 fish oil specifically formulated as a palatable feed ingredient.

maybe a name issue?

Great review fella, Eden is very tempting....wondering how it compares to red vape's apple leaf?

Back
Top Bottom