What's new

Review iJoy Capo 216 Kit plus Squonk RDTA Review

This time for review I thought I would review something I have had a lot of use out of so the novelty factor doesn't influence my findings and the durability can be assessed.

This review is more of an overall opinion from a user - I am not an expert reviewer and will not be going technical, just a hands on opinion and a new user guide which I hope users will find helpful.

**IGNORE THE TARGET STICKERS AS THEY WERE ADDED ON BY ME**

If you are comfortable with setting up and experience you might want to skip a few stages.

So today for review we have the iJoy CAPO 216 kit

PLUS a review of the amazing Squonk RDTA (purchased separately)

Unboxing & Contents:

I loved how this bundle came with everything to get you started, if you are new to squonking then there's nothing else you need to get going (apart from the obvious juice).
It comes with 2 x 20700 3,000 mAh (6,000 total) batteries.
Combo SRDA (atomiser already coiled, wicked and ready to use - no building skills required)
18650 battery adator sleeve.
Bag of spares and coil tool.
USB cable & instructions.
2 Squonk bottles 10ml which is impressive, 1 Silicone mix and one rigid plastic.

It was fun unboxing and going through all the bits, but as always the first thing you need to do is put the batteries on charge (I advise using a separate charger).

Capo216-1.jpg

Capo216-2.jpg

Getting Started

While you are waiting for your batteries to charge you can fit the SRDA (Squonk Rebuildable Drip Atomiser) which is a bit of a strange concept, it's classed as rebuildable but you cannot change the coils but you can rewick it, more on that later but it's great to get started, remove the top airflow part so you can access the deck & cotton, prime it by juicing up the wick and coil.

Fill up your juice bottle, out of the 2 bottles I found the rigid silicon clear one near useless so used the black plastic one, once you have your bottle filled push it up into the bay ensuring the rod seals.

You can then squonk juice up into the RDA by gently pressing the bottle, you will see juice come up and saturate the cotton & coils more.

Capo216-4.jpg

Once you batteries are charge you can pop them in (pop the battery door open by pressing the little button on the base) ensuring you place the + & - as indicated on the battery door, close it by pressing the door shut firmly until it clicks in place.

That's it, you are ready to SQUONK!

Capo216-3.jpg

Operating and Menu:

Usually when you pop the batteries in it powers up, but 5 fast clicks of the fire button start it up, it's ready to go in Wattage mode, start around 35-40 Watts and see how you get on, increase if you feel it's not delivering flavour and decrease if it's popping like popcorn, your first few squonk will be a little hit and miss as this RDA is easy to oversuonk (too much juice) so could end up with juice in your mouth, generally you should get 3 - 4 hits before you need to gently squonk juice up again.

The menu.
3 fast clicks to enter the VERY basic and simple to use menu, with it's included RDA you shouldn't need to bother with it at all, but the options are:
P = Power preheat settings Soft, Normal & Hard.
T = TCR setting for Stainless, Nickel and Titanium & TCR memory settings - DON'T change these unless you know what you are doing and have the correct wire!

That's pretty much all there is to it, in a nutshell change nothing but the wattage and all should work fine.

Display Screen:

This was my first disappointment, it's VERY dim, it's fine indoors but outdoors forget it, it has a tinted dark screen cover which makes it even dimmer, that aside it displays (in wattage mode):
Wattage
Coil Ohms
Voltage
Puff Counter
2 x battery life indicators.

That's all, in TCR mode there will be a different display but I have never used it in this mode so can't comment.

Ergonomics, Handling & Build Quality:

It feels great in your hand, all smooth and your index finger naturally rests on the fire button so very easy to vape, how ever it goes downhill from there, problems start when you try to squonk as you often end up adjusting the wattage as the squonk bottle is directly opposite to the adjustment buttons and if this happens outdoors you can't see what it's chaged to, I have tried holding it a few ways but none are ideal, even hit the battery door button and had the batteries fall out on the floor.

Build quality is pretty cheap, the fire button gets looser as time goes on and worse still it sometimes jams at the top! this is something I have gotten used to and as long as I hit the fire button at the bottom end it doesn't jam, another problem I had was the magnetic bottle cover, 1 magnet fell out from new so I had to superglue it back in, it's held ever since but shoddy quality.

Overall it's getting quite negative, it's only saving grace was upgrading the RDA, for the rest of this review I will be using the simply amazing iJoy Squonk RDTA (Rebuildable Dripper Tank Atomomiser) - NOT to be confused with the SRDA - totally different RDA.

Compared to Geek Vape Gbox & Nikola Niagara
Out of the 3 the Niagara comes out on top despite it's lack of TC mode and limited options, but that's also one of it's strengths if you are after a simple to use dual batter squonker, it's build quality, thumb firing button and separate battery door is great. the Capo & Gbox are very close as each has flaws which make neither the perfect dual battery mod, both have dim screens, limited menu's and options (though more than the Niagara) the Gbox feels more solid in construction but the shared squonk bottle & battery door is annoying, the Capo has a separate door but feels a lot cheaper in general build quality, the fire button in particular.

Here's they are for size comparison:

The Capo & Gbox come out around the same size but the Niagara is a clear winner as it's a lot narrower and pocket friendly.

Niagara-12.jpg

BEFORE YOU LOOSE INTEREST IN THIS KIT - SEE HOW A POTENTIAL DONKEY TURNED INTO A PERFECT SETUP.

Here's a few photo's with the Squonk RDTA and a review below:

Capo216-6.jpg

Capo216-7.jpg

Capo216-8.jpg

Capo216-9.jpg

Capo216-10.jpg

Review of the iJoy Squonk RDTA:

I first saw this on youtube and the claim of 'no dry hits or oversquonking' really appealed to me so took a punt.

I can't think of the right words to describe how much of a game changer this atty is, it is by far the best atomiser in my arsenal, wipes the floor with the Drop, Dead Rabbit, Recurve plus the regular RTA's like the Prince, Aromamiser Supreme V2, Zeus etc.

You might think "why don't you just use a normal RDA?" but for those that squonk imagine every single hit is perfect, no dry hits, no spitback, no oversquonking and superb flavour, with the added bonus of 4 ml extra juice in your squonk mod (in the case of the Capo 216 it's 14ml total) plus you don't have to squonk very often at all, so the inconvenience of the capo squonking is not a problem as 1 long spuonk fills the tank, I have run the tank to empty and still not had a dry hit as there's still juice in the long cotton legs.

Setting it up is pretty easy too, it comes with 2 Ni80 Flapton coils that come out around 0.17 - 0.20 Ohm's and it's postless deck makes them easy to fit and wick up, it's also large enough to space the coils.

My first attempt wasn't perfect, coiled, wicked and primed I filled the bottle then the tank and took it for a vape - ABSOLUTE WOW for flavour but it got VERY hot fast, it turned out I had placed the coils too low, they need to be raised to the level of the higher airflow - this solved the over heateing problem yet still gave that perfect flavour.

Wicks and coils last ages, even with my thick pudding juice, I have been using one for 3 months regular and only had to rewick 3 times and the coils are still going strong.

It's not without it's flaws, it still gets a bit hot after chain vaping and you have to be careful not to overtighten it as the squonk pin can break off and the glass seal o-ring is strangely a little oversized so you need to take care when putting it back together.

If it wasn't for it's minor flaws I would give it a 10 out of 10 as I haven't experienced anything as good as this.

So a perfect setup? - see conclusion............

Capo216-11.jpg

Conlusion - Pros and Cons

I'm going to split this into 2, the Capo 216 kit with SRDA and just the iJoy Squonk RDTA as to be fair it will fit on other mods anyway.

Ijoy Capo 216 with Combo SRDA Kit:

Pro's
  • Everything you need to start squonking in 1 kit including batteries.
  • Included SRDA is coiled, wicked ready to go and gives good flavour.
  • No coil making experience required.
  • Dual battery delivers instant full power.
  • Nice ergonomics and intuitive fire button placement.
  • Very easy to use.
  • Simple limited menu.
  • Stylish.
  • Separate battery door.
  • Good battery life.
  • Value for money.
  • Regulated with TCR options.
  • 10ml capacity.
  • 24mm Atomiser compatible (can also be used as a regular mod)
  • Pairs perfectly with the iJoy Combo Squonk RDTA (sold separately)

Cons:
  • Cheap build quality.
  • Combo SRDA isn't rebuildable - coils are fixed in and you can only rewick and buy new decks once coils expire
  • Dodgy fire but can stick.
  • Dim screen.
  • Squonk bottles, silicon is near useless, plastic is a bit too firm.
  • Adjustment buttons easy to adjust accidently while squeezing squonk bottle.
  • No locking feature (that I can find?)

Conclusion
When I first bought this kit I was over the moon with it despite it's cheap feel and flaws (see above), being my first dual battery squonker I really noticed the far superior power delivery not only to the decent included Como SRDA but with my other higher wattage builds on RDA's like the Drop etc.
You learn to live with it's flaws and it's still one of my goto dual battery squonkers, the dim screen still bothers me though.
But once I paired it up with the Squonk RDTA it took this mod to another level, to make the most of this atty it needs a dual battery as it under performs on a single battery mod.

The golden question, would I recommend it? I would have to say no unless you can find it at a low price, there are better quality dual battery mods out there like the Nikola Niagara (wattage only), to contradict myself I would not part with mine as I've grown fond of it and I need a dual battery mod .

That said I still think it's worth considering as a starter kit at the right price and I prefer it to the Gbox.

----------------------------------

iJoy Combo Squonk RDTA Conclusion, Pros & Cons:

Pro's:
  • Superb flavour
  • No oversquonking
  • No undersquonking
  • No spitback
  • Additional 4ml capacity to your squonker
  • Postless large build deck
  • Ni80 Flapton coils and wick included
  • Easy to build & wick
  • Smooth airflow.
  • Consistent performance
  • Nice looking.
  • Value for money
  • Fits on other mods

Cons:

• Can get very hot if you place the coils too low.
    • O-ring for glass is a little oversized so care is needed when fitting.
    • Makes you want to chain vape! (not kidding - I hit this like it's my last vape)
    • Juice consumpition is higher (similar to dripping)
    • Under performs on single battery squonkers (that I have tried)
    • Possibility of it leaking if left on it's side
    • Not suitable for MTL use (not a con for me but will be for others)

Conclusion:
Out of ALL the vape equipment I own (mods, tanks RDA's etc.) this has been the biggest game changer for me, so much so I bought 4 of them, 1 for my Capo 216, Gbox, Niagara & Pulse 80, though I find it works best on a dual battery mod even though I only vape it around 50 watts, I have let 2 people test it and both bought one the next day, to me it's the ultimate vape and love that's it's squonkable - I have been using these for months so it's no novelty and haven't found anything to beat it.

Highly recommended.

-----------------------------------

Well that was a bit longer winded than I hoped but with the inclusion of the Squonk RDTA it had to, but I hope it's helpful to some users, as always comments and corrections welcome.

Thanks for reading :)

Attachments

• Capo216-5.jpg
    Capo216-5.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Obviously little interest in this mod but my advice is to at least consider the Squonk RDTA, it tops the charts out of all my attys.

I own 4 of them with different flavours, flavour machine! including coil killing pudding juices which my RTA's don't handle well.

Anyway I neglected to add the 'Compared to' so revising accordingly.

Great review mate i dont no how i missed this review when you 1st posted it........

Back
Top Bottom