What's new

Review The Vaporesso Tarot Mini Starter Kit

Vapingtree

Postman
I received this as a prize in Heaven Gifts give-away on the POTV forum. I've been playing and learning a little about the mod and its tank today with breaks to clear snow from paths, feeding the birds and feeding myself.

The Tarot Mini comes in a well designed box, pull the tab at the side and the inner slides out and opens up to reveal a box with the fancy USB charge cable, spare EUC coil and multi-language manuals. On the other side is a section holding the mod, Veco tank and a bag with spare glass and seals.

Pretty in pink? I'd have preferred the Mist colour version, I asked but kind of knew which one would be sent (seen other posts on POTV :-) ).

8TT8XMp.jpg

The mod feels nicely made and fits in my small hands just right*. Its a tall, slim mod and with a battery fitted and the tank filled its just a little easier to knock over than a squat mod like my Smok AL85. The tank is supposedly leak proof so it could lay down instead of being stood up when not in hand. The battery cover is held in place by two good strength magnets, the USB charging socket is under here too, not a bad idea as with the side panel off it gives the battery more cooling during charging. I tend to charge my batteries on my super smart Turnigy charger so haven't tried the on board charging system.

jXF8aRh.jpg

97PUSv4.jpg

xcSo99v.jpg

The recent Vaporesso mods use the OMNI board, the manual shows the + & - buttons wrong. I was all ready to go ape if the minus/down really was the top button but it isn't, everything is normal. The mode button makes getting at the settings easier than other boards. A one second press on the + & - button spins the watts up whole units, a quick press does tenths. Its pretty quick so will take a little practice to not go whizzing past the setting you want if swapping between different tanks. The OMNI board will suggest a watt starting point when a new tank/coil is fitted, or if its the same coil you can choose 'old load' :-) and the last setting will be used. The manual says it can detect when a kanthal coil is fitted – the supplied ones are 316 SS claptons according to the manual – and change from a TC setting if one is set. Not mentioned in the manual is how to view the firmware version, hold the mode button then the fire button gives this info.

The Veco tank uses EUC coils, instead of the whole inner section (chimney?) being replaced just a small cartridge type thing is slotted in to the bottom of the tank. The threads are quite fine and care should be taken not to cross thread the base when putting it back together. I thought I had a faulty tank or something as after I had filled it with juice and turned the mod on it couldn't see the tank – 'check atomiser' error. As I'd had the coil out I wondered if I hadn't put it back right. I stood the full tank on its drip tip on some kitchen paper and opened the base, all looked fine. I tightened the top lid and the tank/atomiser was then seen. There was no leakage so its therefore possible to change coils with a tank full of juice, a handy feature not mentioned as far as I can see. This particular tank seems to go AWOL now and again, maybe it needed a wash before use which I didn't do. I also get a bit of a whistle unless the air flow openings are wide open, air adjustment requires the edge of my thumbnail to move the ring easier. The Tarot comes with the 0.4ohm 40-50w normal cotton/clapton SS316 coil fitted, the spare is 0.5ohm 35-35w ceramic/clapton SS316(?) - details on the Vaporesso site aren't completely clear.

97PUSv4.jpg

The Tarot is 22mm wide so 24mm tanks overhang a mil either side but don't look stupid. At 137mm (5 3/8”) with tank fitted the Tarot Mini is already tall, putting my Cleito on made it 145mm (5 ¾”).

6eOjUUr.jpg

Conclusion:
The pink version is a ladies mod, being light and slim it probably fits nicely in a handbag too, especially if it had a drip tip cover to keep it clean – like these – others are available. Maybe I'll make one of my girlfriends even happier by giving it to her. I might have kept it if it was the Mist version or at least not pink! I like bright colours but this doesn't fit in with my other mods, it stands out like a sore thumb. I like the OMNI board, I like the idea of the tank/coil set up, I like the shape, I like the hexagonal buttons, I'm just not enthused by the colour.

Back
Top Bottom