What's new

Voopoo Musket kit

red5

Achiever
My review of the @VOOPOO musket kit is now on the front page:
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/pod-systems/voopoo-musket-kit.html
9C01EA3C-2F46-4EE8-91BA-FEF1EBFE8D0E.jpeg

many thanks to @TECC for sending it out for review :)

Thank you for the review @red5. I just got myself one of these. I must say I quite like the mod. The design is obviously inspired by the Double Barrel, but the result is very nice and has a very small footprint for a twin 18650.

Because of the small size, the electronics have been moved on top of the batteries, so the mod is quite tall. But overall, it feels compact, easily pocketable and has a good feel in the hand. Although because of the smoothness and batteries weight, I find it feels quite slippery. The screen is also a bit small.

The mod only does wattage mode, which is ok for my use. The main drawback is the single button operation. It is a bit fiddly, alternating quick short presses and long presses to navigate. Changing the wattage is accessed with 3 short presses. To switch off, you need to short press 5 times, access the menu and select OFF. Pb is when pressing 5 times, it sometimes goes into wattage adjustment mode after 3 presses and starts increasing the wattage by mistake. Because of the single button, you cannot decrease the wattage, you have to go up the full range to then start again from the lowest value. All a bit annoying.

I just use the mod for MTL at low power with other tanks and came to like it very much. Because of the single button control, I would only recommend it for people who just use the default 'smart' mode to set the watts automatically or don't mind too much faffing around with awkward menu navigation. For an affordable kit, you get a well made, compact and nice looking mod.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom