What's new

Vaporesso Xros 2

Hi all,

Today we have the New Pod kit from the Xros range by @Vaporesso
https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/xros2

upload_2021-9-28_15-58-15.png

I was lucky enough to review the original Xros and then the Xros Mini with Si @Vapaneezer Scrooge I enjoyed the Xros kits very much but Si and I were both in agreement that the Mini was a fantastic improvement for many reasons. You can find the reviews we carried out in the main review section.

So what does that Xros 2 have to offer that the Mini and or the Xros OG didn't? Was it worth releasing? Let's find out shall we?

Main Kit Specs

• 1000 mAh battery
  • 2ml capacity
  • SSS Leak-Resistance Tech
  • Top fill with air outlet
  • USB-C Charging
  • Button and Auto Draw activation
  • Water Drop Air Inlet
  • 11/16 watts

What's in the box?

• 0.8 mesh and 1.2 Pods
  • Main Device
  • USB-C Cable
  • Manual and Warranty Card
upload_2021-9-28_15-38-48.png

As always its packaged well with everything you need, very happy that Vaporesso included both of the new version Pods this time! As you can see I received the black but this kit is available in 6 different colours which are the same as the Mini.

The Xros 2 is 0.4mm wider and thicker than the Original which due to the increase battery capacity is nothing, you now get 1000mAh versus 800.....thank you! I will take that!

The Device.

As with the Mini I like they have kept the slightly curved base that the OG didn't have, it feels much better in the hand and yet still stands firmly on a flat surface.

On the front of the device you have the main button which they call The Halo as its surrounded by a silver border. Another change is that they now have a Tidying battery/power indicator which is basically 4 little led lights that sit upright, they look nice and are a welcomed addition I think. On either outer side you have 2 tiny airholes.

To turn on the device you click the Halo button 5 times the lights will flash upwards, when powering down the 4 lights flash off downwards.

They are also indicate battery power level as follows: I could have type this out as I normally do but why should I when sometimes a visual is better or is it laziness :hmm:

upload_2021-9-28_16-4-31.png

Very simple and it makes a nice to change to the usual colour system.

upload_2021-9-28_16-24-8.png

The Airflow is on the back of the device and they have called it a teardrop as its shaped like a sideway teardrop. Again as with the original you have a slider which can be used to close off the AF or move it to suit your MTL draw preference. The slider is much more comfortable to move, more rounded off and the way they have included this teardrop which is very different to the 3 rectangle holes on the OG makes the vape more dense and slightly tighter, you can really adjust it to the perfect MTL draw for you.

upload_2021-9-28_16-8-40.png

As always there is minimal branding which i appreciate. It looks and feels like quality

The Pods

Wow I love these pods, i really enjoyed the 1.2 when I used it on the Mini and I still enjoyed it on this kit, I won't cover this pod again but I will say its in my Top 3.

I did also try the 0.8 mesh pod, again great flavour, slightly warmer and a little more airy but superb flavour and vapor production.

Both pods have the snap off mouthpiece which allows you to fill the pod and there is a tiny airhole to allow the air to escape whilst filling which I am a big fan of.

The mouthpiece I think is slightly more narrow than the OG pods. The pods are completely clear and sit raised on the device so you can VERY easily see when you need to refill.

Both Pods have lasted me at least 10 days with high usage!

upload_2021-9-28_15-31-4.png

You can use the original pods but honestly i wouldn't bother in my opinion the new version pods are so much better for flavour and longevity.

Side note, if you want to purchase the new pods make sure you check carefully as they may be advertised as the same thing depending on the vendor. There is a visual difference which is shown below for you.

upload_2021-9-28_16-13-52.png

As always I only used 50/50 Nic Salt juices in the pods, I had no leaking, condensation or spit back what so ever, they are great pods, Vaporesso now need to make these with external coils too so that we can try to reduce wasting the Pod itself. With the AF closed of I would rate it a 1 on the DD-Drawometer, fully open a 5.

Top Pros:

Increased Battery - suitable for all day vaping
Improved Pods - excellent flavour
Improved Airflow
Great overall Quality
So easy to use
Hassle free

Cons:
Disposable Pods
Pods only sold in packs of 2 and are a little pricier than others

DeeDee's Verdict 9/10 - As with the Mini this is a keeper for sure!

Thank you for taking the time to read my review - feel free to leave and comments, feedback or questions below and thank you @Vaporesso for sending this out to me, sorry for the delay in getting this done for you

upload_2021-9-28_16-27-18.png

Sounds really good for what it is Dee. Shame about the disposable pods.

I enjoyed that review @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen)

Two pods too twoitawoo! - 2 Pods makes this a much more attractive option.

I agree about the pods, they are almost too good to waste, on the plus side they last ages.

Hopefully Vaporesso will get around to a replaceable coil pod with airflow as tight as this, did you get to try the GTX One kit (tank and mod) @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen) ?

I enjoyed that review @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen)

Two pods too twoitawoo! - 2 Pods makes this a much more attractive option.

I agree about the pods, they are almost too good to waste, on the plus side they last ages.

Hopefully Vaporesso will get around to a replaceable coil pod with airflow as tight as this, did you get to try the GTX One kit (tank and mod) @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen) ?

Hey you!

Thank so much!

Yes i did, here is my review on it, was a while ago now! Would be even better if it takes the newer gtx coils now with the xtra oring

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...ds/vaporesso-gtx-one-review-by-deedee.197241/

I still have the GTX 18 tank in black but gave the review kit away in the end.

Dee

Back
Top Bottom