What's new

GeekVape Zeus X Mesh RTA

Interesting,,, I hadn't come across Firebolt M before. Thanks :)
It's not been out that long. Hard to get. FT have some that ships in 16 days. I have some on order. I have not actually used it yet but it is the same cotton as the 6mm firebolt cotton, it will just stop a bit of wastage using 3 pieces of the 6mm.

Has anyone used the Steam Crave mesh shoelace cotton with the Zeus X mesh? I was going to try the Wotofo Xfiber but this popped up in a search. Has generally good reviews on Ecigone but I don't know whether to go for the 6mm or the 'mesh' option on there (if there's even a difference). Could do with a steer please if anyone uses it.
I've just tried the mesh option this morning and its 100% so far

Good to know, thanks. Any idea as to how the mesh version differs from the 6mm version by any chance?
Ah, I get it now. Ecigone' s listing is confusing; basically it's this for anyone who's interested

iGkdAHR.jpg

Hello guys! Newcomer here! Both to vaping and to the forum!

I first posted in this thread (https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...on/threads/zeus-x-mesh-problems.197512/page-9) about the troubles I had with my Zeus X and then decided to take the (long) time to read throught this thread and I'm glad I did! So much information here!

So, a quick summary of my setup. I'm currently running my Zeus X Mesh on a Vaporesso Gen X and I also have a Voopoo Argus GT, on which I currently have a Profile Unity that a friend gave me. At first I couldn't for the life of me make the Zeus work for me, I would always get burnt taste or dry hits even at 50W. I then got the Profile and nailed the wicking on the first try. I liked the performance of the Profile so much that I wanted to try the SS316 NexMesh I got for it on the Zeus. First try, I just snipped a part of it off to make it the same width as the stock mesh, but no bueno, I would get random hotspots on the deformed edge. So what I then did is I took a strip and used a nail clippers to just cut the corners just enough for them to fit in the Zeus X. The right size is to cut about one of the squares of the grid of the mesh on each side. Pretty easy to do and boom! Much, much better than with the stock mesh. And TC! Now, I would get the odd burnt taste here and there (no dry hits, thank god, I almost threw the Zeus in the garbage on my first one), so I decided to stuff some more cotton on the mesh instead of rewicking and that did the trick, luckily. I did enjoy a few days out of that wick, but then decided to go all out and took the Dremel out and filed the base like it was mentioned here in this thread. I kind of botched it a bit, but it turned out ok and it now works with NexMesh strips no problem. It's just a fuff to get it to stay in there properly without the guides, but meh, small price to pay. Wicking went ok too (using Cotton Gods), which is encouraging as I'm still learning. It works fine (although I did need to adjust a bit because I did get a bit of a hotspot on one edge) and it took like what? 5 minutes? I took 30 minutes on my first build. 30!

Now I'm happy with my setup though. I like it better than the Unity, which is going back to its owner. And I can comfortably use it at higher wattages, no problems. Even 70 is ok, at least for a while. I use it at 60, no problems, immense flavor and great clouds. My only complaint is that I decided to use VnV Blueberry Donut. It's fine, I guess. I just don't taste the blueberry. Or the donut. It's mostly cinnamon. God damn it! I had a bottle of Roller Coaster Berry Crumble that was just divine, but I've run out. Need to get me some more. Dinner Lady's also good with the Zeus, I used their Berry Tart on my previous wick.

Anyways. Defo getting another Zeus. Fortunately, no pesky anti-vaping regulations yet here in Greece, so availability is good.

Lastly, pardon the mess on my desk, but I will be moving rather soon and I don't even bother claeaning up the mess.
IMG_20201204_042904[1].jpg IMG_20201204_042851[1].jpg IMG_20201204_042837.jpg

Well, I jinxed it. On my last wicking attempt that I posted about, I must have somehow used too much cotton, if that's even a thing with mesh. Anyway, the flavor was bland and I was getting burnt-ish taste sometimes. So I said screw it, let's just redo the thing. Then I managed to mess up the mesh when I pushed it too hard. Threw away that piece of mesh, grabbed another one, plopped it on there, wick it, no good. Hotspots for days. Take it apart, remove the cotton, dry fire the thing to watch for hotspots, it seems ok, I rewick it and again, same thing. I get hotspots mostly on the edges. I mean, it mostly doesn't taste bad, even at 60W, but I'll get the odd off tasting hit now and then and when I fire it while blowing into the chimney I can see the mesh glow red on the edge. At this point I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but it's getting annoying. I can't get a feel for how much cotton I should use with the Cotton Gods pack I got. I saw the "3/4 of a strip" suggestion, but I haven't managed to do it properly. I will order a pack of Wotofo 6mm shoelaces and see how that goes. But as it stands, I am annoyed. :(

PS : A note for the times this thing works. Dinner Lady's Lemon Tart was probably made for this atty. Like, not only can I taste both the lemon and the tart, I can almost make out how much butter there is in the tart. Noice!

Well, I jinxed it. On my last wicking attempt that I posted about, I must have somehow used too much cotton, if that's even a thing with mesh. Anyway, the flavor was bland and I was getting burnt-ish taste sometimes. So I said screw it, let's just redo the thing. Then I managed to mess up the mesh when I pushed it too hard. Threw away that piece of mesh, grabbed another one, plopped it on there, wick it, no good. Hotspots for days. Take it apart, remove the cotton, dry fire the thing to watch for hotspots, it seems ok, I rewick it and again, same thing. I get hotspots mostly on the edges. I mean, it mostly doesn't taste bad, even at 60W, but I'll get the odd off tasting hit now and then and when I fire it while blowing into the chimney I can see the mesh glow red on the edge. At this point I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but it's getting annoying. I can't get a feel for how much cotton I should use with the Cotton Gods pack I got. I saw the "3/4 of a strip" suggestion, but I haven't managed to do it properly. I will order a pack of Wotofo 6mm shoelaces and see how that goes. But as it stands, I am annoyed. :(

PS : A note for the times this thing works. Dinner Lady's Lemon Tart was probably made for this atty. Like, not only can I taste both the lemon and the tart, I can almost make out how much butter there is in the tart. Noice!
If you only get hot spots at the edge, maybe try not tucking the cotton so deep in the wells, have it slightly bunched up at the edge. I don't have a mesh deck for my zeus so it is just speculation based on my unity clone, but it may help.

If you only get hot spots at the edge, maybe try not tucking the cotton so deep in the wells, have it slightly bunched up at the edge. I don't have a mesh deck for my zeus so it is just speculation based on my unity clone, but it may help.
Hmmm... I'd thought that I didn't pul too much cotton into the wells. I tried to kind of let it flow in, like most suggest. Maybe I forced it later when i tried to make it look pretty. If that's it, then I'll try to make my next wick uglier. :D

Thanks for the tip man, appreciate it!

Hmmm... I'd thought that I didn't pul too much cotton into the wells. I tried to kind of let it flow in, like most suggest. Maybe I forced it later when i tried to make it look pretty. If that's it, then I'll try to make my next wick uglier. :D

Thanks for the tip man, appreciate it!
Like I say, just speculation, but hot spots at the edge suggest the wick isn't contacting properly.

Back
Top Bottom