What's new

Upgrade Advice

tomvape

Hi all.

Started a thread in the introduction corner which is getting a few questions in it so thought I'd start another here and link to it.

Basically I've vaped for a few years now but my kit is yonks old and in need of updating, it's literally falling to bits.

Currently run a astro mod using 18350 batteries to keep the size down and build my own coils on a Kanger subtank mini to keep running costs down.

Keep toying with the idea of getting a box mod but the size of them puts me off a bit for carrying around in my pocket if I'm out, also I wouldn't mind moving away from building my own coils but don't want to spend a fortune on pre built ones.

After looking on here for a few days I've seen a couple of bits I like the look of but would like some advice on then.

For the box mod the Smok H Priv looks good and I like the idea of it having batteries that can be replaced instead of a built in one that means replacing the unit when it goes.
Just wondering what it's like to carry round, will it be like having a brick in my jeans pocket?

I've just got back from a holiday abroad and went straight back on the cigs for a fortnight mainly due to being out and about all the time and a pack of fags being easy to carry.
Same if I'm ever out at the pub I'll buy a pack of fags as the small 18350 batteries won't last the night.

For a tank I've read the Uwell Crown 2 looks to be one of the best, just wondering about how long the coils tend to last and any recommendations on where to get them at a decent price.

Sorry for the length of the post, just want to get a feel of what I'm buying before I fork out.

Cheers

Hi Tom
cant help with the size of the Priv as mine is in the post so hopefully should be getting it by Tuesday.
i was toying between the Priv or the new xcube 220w which is slightly smaller than the original xcube.

for the tank then the crown 2 is my fave tank and on a plus point you can use Rafale coils in it and theres a special on at ecigwizzard where 4 coils are £2.50 and they are brill.
tank may be cheaper elsewhere £23.99 https://www.ecigwizard.com/uwell-crown-2-tank.html
coils £2.50 https://www.ecigwizard.com/uwell-rafale-replacement-heads.html

you can find all our recommended hardware suppliers in the 4th post > https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...-trusted-e-liquid-suppliers.78467/#post858319

The h-priv is nice its a good size and not to heavy, the battery life is pretty good. I would recommend it, you will need to get a charger though. As for a tank not really my thing I tend to just build my own.

Hi all.

Started a thread in the introduction corner which is getting a few questions in it so thought I'd start another here and link to it.

Basically I've vaped for a few years now but my kit is yonks old and in need of updating, it's literally falling to bits.

Currently run a astro mod using 18350 batteries to keep the size down and build my own coils on a Kanger subtank mini to keep running costs down.

Keep toying with the idea of getting a box mod but the size of them puts me off a bit for carrying around in my pocket if I'm out, also I wouldn't mind moving away from building my own coils but don't want to spend a fortune on pre built ones.

After looking on here for a few days I've seen a couple of bits I like the look of but would like some advice on then.

For the box mod the Smok H Priv looks good and I like the idea of it having batteries that can be replaced instead of a built in one that means replacing the unit when it goes.
Just wondering what it's like to carry round, will it be like having a brick in my jeans pocket?

I've just got back from a holiday abroad and went straight back on the cigs for a fortnight mainly due to being out and about all the time and a pack of fags being easy to carry.
Same if I'm ever out at the pub I'll buy a pack of fags as the small 18350 batteries won't last the night.

For a tank I've read the Uwell Crown 2 looks to be one of the best, just wondering about how long the coils tend to last and any recommendations on where to get them at a decent price.

Sorry for the length of the post, just want to get a feel of what I'm buying before I fork out.

Cheers

Hey and welcome to forum bud :).

Can't help on an H-Priv, others can though.

I use both versions of the Crown and Top Tanks as well. If size is an issue for you for portability, be aware that both crowns are slightly larger and chunkier than a sub tank/top tank. They're wider and taller. If you get on so well with your sub tank, you might be better off simply buying the latest version of the top tank, which is essentially an evolved top fill version of your subtank. The latest top tank also comes with a new improved sliding ring base as well, instead of the 3 click double cyclops. Order some spare Mini RBA+'s and you can carry on building your own coils exactly as you are now ;). Capacity is about the same due to the size of the coils for the Crowns.

Sticking with what you know may be better. But, if you really want a change, I have no problems recommending either Crown :). Just be aware that they are slightly larger if weight and size is a primary consideration to you.

RBA's for the Crown 2 are currently only available from Uwell in the US or Canada, I can't find any vendors anywhere that stock them yet, in this regard Uwell are dropping the ball :(.. The RBA for the Crown V1 is exactly the same to build on as your subtanks Mini RBA+.deck however, the design and layout for the decks are the same :).

I've just received some RBA's designed for the Rafale tank (a very close design to the Crown 2), and the design is very poor. They're basically the same as the stock coils you can buy and a special tool (supplied) is required to wrap and install the coils as well. Someone else recently discussing the Crown 2 has mentioned that the Rafale RBA's leak in his Crown 2.

Obviously there will always be pros and cons to any potential changes. After a lot of problems with coil designs, Uwell do finally seem to have resolved the issue with their latest V3 coils for the Crown 2, or you can get the Rafale coils.

Hope this allows you to make a well informed decision :). Enjoy whichever way you go :).

If size is a issue and you want a nice small pocket sized mod have a look at the i stick pico either the full kit or just the mod and use
what tank you fancy on it.
I used two battery mods but since getting one of these i have not used my bigger stuff i find this is so much easier to carry around
and i just carry a spare battery in a case if i need it but it can be charged via usb if needed.

full kit
https://www.vapeshopbrighton.co.uk/...eaf-istick-pico-75w-full-kit-with-melo-3-mini

mod only

https://www.vapeshopbrighton.co.uk/collections/batteries/products/eleaf-istick-pico-box-mod-75w

or if you need more power the new mega is now out that take a bit bigger battery so would last a bit longer

https://www.vapeshopbrighton.co.uk/...ts/eleaf-istick-pico-mega-full-kit-inc-melo-3

again this can be bought as just the mod.
i have no connection to this site i just used them as i knew they had them in stock.

Why not istick pico plus subtank mini with stock coils (cheap as chips if you buy from china).

Pico is tiny and lasts me all day with a single LG HG2 18650 at 15w.

Why not istick pico plus subtank mini with stock coils (cheap as chips if you buy from china).

Pico is tiny and lasts me all day with a single LG HG2 18650 at 15w.

I'm guessing that he'll not last all day if he's considering a Priv and Crown 2. At the very least he'll need to carry an extra battery

I have the Priv and it is an excellent mod. Fits in my pocket but I bought a carry case for my it which also fits 2 large e-liquids and another tank. Clips on to belts or belt-holes. Crown V2 is excellent for flavour and even clouds. TFV8 is another great tank I'm using, mostly for clouds.
Got my Crown V2 here, just £21.99. Possibly the cheapest place? http://www.gosmokefree.co.uk/uwell-crown-2-tank-free-delivery/

Thanks for the reply's everyone, spent all morning looking.

Noticed the priv comes with the tfv4 tank if you pay an extra fiver, tempted to give that a try

Back
Top Bottom