What's new

Recommended MTL RTA for 100%vg

Hi guys, thanks for mentioning me, @Rob and @eyeball kid,
I have said to saul the prob with vg is its very dense, but the bigger problem is the balance of cotton in juice well to allow the coil chamber from receiving juice whilst not having it to thin to allow leaking, We are referring to a berker mtl.
I have also said make a coil 3mm diameter, 6 to 7 wrps so the ohms read 1 to 1.5 ohms and start from there. Watts about 11.
I have said this high ohm( high for sub ohmers) So that Saul gets the confidence that what he builds actually works. without punishing him with dry hits or other foul misadventures
I have also said buy a rose 3 tpd, while they are still there. Having tried the rose and the berker as a pure pg person, the rose 3 always over wicked despite my manipulations to normalise pg viscosity. the berker was much more tame at pg control through normal cotton wicking.
The rose tpd also burns off more juice than the beserker per drag due to its design, and the flavour is wonderful, I am SO gonna mis their innovation,
i have not read this thread through and if i've copied anyone elses suggestions, I apologise in advance, i had a pm from saul and also a mention alert from @Rob. hence my surfacing in the potv pond once more
cheers all

Hi guys, thanks for mentioning me, @Rob and @eyeball kid,
I have said to saul the prob with vg is its very dense, but the bigger problem is the balance of cotton in juice well to allow the coil chamber from receiving juice whilst not having it to thin to allow leaking, We are referring to a berker mtl.
I have also said make a coil 3mm diameter, 6 to 7 wrps so the ohms read 1 to 1.5 ohms and start from there. Watts about 11.
I have said this high ohm( high for sub ohmers) So that Saul gets the confidence that what he builds actually works. without punishing him with dry hits or other foul misadventures
I have also said buy a rose 3 tpd, while they are still there. Having tried the rose and the berker as a pure pg person, the rose 3 always over wicked despite my manipulations to normalise pg viscosity. the berker was much more tame at pg control through normal cotton wicking.
The rose tpd also burns off more juice than the beserker per drag due to its design, and the flavour is wonderful, I am SO gonna mis their innovation,
i have not read this thread through and if i've copied anyone elses suggestions, I apologise in advance, i had a pm from saul and also a mention alert from @Rob. hence my surfacing in the potv pond once more
cheers all

Now i've read the whole thread, it would appear you are getting wick wet enough, but your flavour is mute.
Two things Saul, is the muted flavour, the muted flavour itself or does it just taste like vg vape? So there seems to be no flavour at all.
As the wick is functioning satisfactorily have you upped the watts,
What ohms does your coil read at the moment, in the muted beserker flavour set up,
Oh dear thats 3.

Now i've read the whole thread, it would appear you are getting wick wet enough, but your flavour is mute.
Two things Saul, is the muted flavour, the muted flavour itself or does it just taste like vg vape? So there seems to be no flavour at all.
What ohms does your coil read at the moment, in the muted beserker flavour set up,
Oh dear thats 3.

Not sure if this is the one you're referring too:

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...sement/threads/b-grade-rose-3-tpd-£30.173315/

Post Popped up in my email - thought it might help

Rose V3 for £30, a few dinks and scratches! I think thats an absolute steal!
It would mean if a Vaper bought a "B" Grade one they wouldn't be worried about using it every day and getting it scratched!
A "High End" Atty, for less than an evening in the Pub!! Wish this deal had been about last year, bloody typical!!
Sorry to hear Eden Mods are calling it a day. I remember trying to get on the list for an Original (V1??) Rose a few years ago, then realising it was waaaay outside my budget.
I've since had the pleasure of handling some of their devices and was very impressed!

You wouldn't taste it at low % start at 4% or 5% and I'm not making it up bud Google it [emoji4]
Hi Matty, I'm just going to send a couple of atties off to Saul, but can you explain the vodka % a little more. Saul uses organic vg 100%. Saul is used to a jac 22 1 ohm stock coil that becomes muted after a week. I can't help thinking the following is happening, stock coil gets gunked up after a week cause of viscosity of pure organic juice, the 1 ohm coil can't get hot enough to inflict that burny after taste you get when a wick is ready to be changed. My hunch is the vg reduces life span of stock coil without the normal side effect of burnt after taste. Can you please enlighten me before I give Saul final instructions. I'm sending Saul, a beserker and a kayfun mini, the kayfun mini cause the adjustable wick was very effective, thank you for any response.

@13mil :) Come the new year and I'll have something else for you to try. I "think" it may be something of a belter ! :2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

Rob cheers ears, looking forward to a unique device. BTw I did buy an Apollo rda, and for vg guys, it would be perfect squonker kit. The draw though is so eficeint it was too intense for my pg needs .But the Eden mods salix suits my little pg reqs down to a T.

Hi Matty, I'm just going to send a couple of atties off to Saul, but can you explain the vodka % a little more. Saul uses organic vg 100%. Saul is used to a jac 22 1 ohm stock coil that becomes muted after a week. I can't help thinking the following is happening, stock coil gets gunked up after a week cause of viscosity of pure organic juice, the 1 ohm coil can't get hot enough to inflict that burny after taste you get when a wick is ready to be changed. My hunch is the vg reduces life span of stock coil without the normal side effect of burnt after taste. Can you please enlighten me before I give Saul final instructions. I'm sending Saul, a beserker and a kayfun mini, the kayfun mini cause the adjustable wick was very effective, thank you for any response.
Thanks so much for all your help with this. Just to clarify on your point here. With the Jac s22 setup the flavour on the organic is good for what I'm used to getting from pure VG (of course nowhere near up to the VG / PG mix flavours), but what I can taste, albeit relatively muted, is of a good standard. By the way, not sure if it's useful to know but the organic stuff I vape is Kind Juice. Amazing stuff.

Just to point out however the flavour with the Kind Juice recedes after 1-2 days, not 1 week, until the point where I can't justify putting anything much in the tank apart from the alternative cheap pure VG stuff I buy from Ichor Liquid.

Thanks again for all your support.

Oh dear thats 3.
Hi again, sorry for delays I missed these somehow. The flavour from the s22 tank goes from okay to muted in a couple of days. The flavour from my foray into RBA's, via the Berserker RDA, was almost entirely muted, as in no flavour whatsoever (or pretty close).

For the Berserker, had been back in the cupboard of late so I'd need to check. But I recall having tried loads of different ohm configurations, right the way from 1-ish up to 1.7 or so.

Hope this helps. Thanks again everyone.

Back
Top Bottom