What's new

New lady user advice please :)

Sharon Kay

Initiate
I wonder if someone could advise me please?

I would like to move from cigarettes to vaping and I have read a lot on the internet and asked friends for information, but I am still confused!

I currently smoke 15 cigarettes a day (for 5 minutes in one hour) and smoke the lower 7mg tar cigarettes (Berkeley Superkings Blue).

I have started with a very basic pen e-cig (eGo) and 1.8% tobacco which is OK, but doesn't seem to satisfy my nicotine craving. I would eventually like to upgrade to a better e-cig, that meets my criteria below and satisfies my nicotine needs, but there is so much on the market I am not sure what to go for.

Can anyone recommend something suitable please?

Ideal Criteria in priority order

1. Easy to use and maintain
2. Long battery life
3. Doesn't crackle or spit
4. Not too heavy or big
5. Has a wattage dial to control vape intensity.
6. Has a digital display for information and number of ‘puffs’ etc.?
7. Has a timer for length of time smoking?

I wonder if someone could advise me please?

I would like to move from cigarettes to vaping and I have read a lot on the internet and asked friends for information, but I am still confused!

I currently smoke 15 cigarettes a day (for 5 minutes in one hour) and smoke the lower 7mg tar cigarettes (Berkeley Superkings Blue).

I have started with a very basic pen e-cig (eGo) and 1.8% tobacco which is OK, but doesn't seem to satisfy my nicotine craving. I would eventually like to upgrade to a better e-cig, that meets my criteria below and satisfies my nicotine needs, but there is so much on the market I am not sure what to go for.

Can anyone recommend something suitable please?

Ideal Criteria in priority order

1. Easy to use and maintain
2. Long battery life
3. Doesn't crackle or spit
4. Not too heavy or big
5. Has a wattage dial to control vape intensity.
6. Has a digital display for information and number of ‘puffs’ etc.?
7. Has a timer for length of time smoking?

Im more of a sub ohm vaper myself which may or may not suite you as a first time vaper so can't really advise on a new vape, but, if you check out TiaVapes on youtube she reviews lots of devices and juices which you should help you narrow down your choices.

Coolfire 4 mod (I have the TC100 version). Its an easy to use, reliable mod that lasts for years & has enough options to keep you happy as you get started.

I don't MTL, but a rather good DTL is Crown 3 - properly good for flavor & the stock coils last for ages.

Good luck!

p.s I started out on your current set up & when I switched I noticed a huge difference in flavor & nic craving.

Hi Sharon, welcome to The Planet and congratulations on making the switch.

eGo pens are a popular starting point for many smokers wanting to quit but most do progress onto better devices.

There are many, many regulated devices that would suit your criteria. It's a case of finding the one that suits you personally.

For ease of use and battery life something with a built in battery is best, Eleaf iKuun i80 & i200, Innokin Coolfire range & Vaporesso Tarot Nano spring to mind.

Crackles and spits can be caused by many factors and have more to do with the coil and juice you are using than the mod.

Hi Sharon and welcome to the forum all good advice given above
The innokin coolfire is my daily vape mod can't fault for build quality had this one over a year now and use every day with a aspire nautilus for MTL vaping

Hi Sharon. Welcome :)

You probabkly do need better kit, but do bear in mind that tobacco contains all kinds of addictive rubbish. Nicotine is prolly the least of it. So it's perfectly normal to still have cravings for stinkies at first, even if you're getting enough nicotine, That said, most people find it gets easy very quickly, once they find the best kit for them.

Best of luck to you! and I hope you stick around.

As mentioned , it is a bit strange but if you do keep the vape going for a couple of weeks and use a bit of will power , less than other methids but some is still required and stay of the cigs .You will find the craving decreases , just chain vape if you need to , however much you vape is better than the cigs . It is less the nicotine and more the combination of chemicals they put in cigs that makes them so addictive . If you clear the two week mark on the vape alone you will find like many here did , that the cigs taste like crap and its 100% vape going forward . Check out this thread for some vapesperation ... https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...hreads/experience-of-quitting-smoking.143632/

On equipment I would also recommend the innokin coolfire range , any of them . I have a coolfire 4 for at work use , and the Ultra TC for at home . You will always get a bit of crackle from a coil at first as it beds in , but many coils such as the innokin ones have gauze on the top so although it may crackle a bit that prevents any spit back going in your mouth .

More of a sub-ohm guy myself but there are others who will give better advice than I can. Welcome to the forum and good luck on your journey. Hope you stick at it! It's worth it!

Back
Top Bottom