What's new

Experience of quitting smoking

CeeMee

Postman
I gather just about everyone here smoked before they started vaping. I have some questions, I'm really interested in your experience wrt quitting smoking.

Have you quit or do you still smoke? Did you find quitting difficult or easy? How easy or hard have you found switching?

I ask because I'm still smoking a bit and I could do with some idea of how long it might take to be able to drop the cigs altogether and any tips you might have for making it easier.

Thanks in advance :-)

I had been smoking heavily for over 30 years when, early last December, I bought a Blu-Pro pen kit, some 18mg juice, and smoked my last roll up. I just decided not to buy any more tobacco, and to vape instead in order to get my nicotine.

I soon upgraded to a Nautilus tank and a small mod (vaping MTL) and dropped to 12mg juice.

Here I am, 8 months later, still vaping between 6-12mg nicotine MTL but also vaping 3mg DTL, making my own coils, using rebuildable tanks and drippers, owning only 3 stock coil tanks and 8 rebuildables, and 6 mods, having turned vaping, building coils and wicking, and recently making my own juice into a hobby.

The only way to use vaping to stop smoking is to decide to just stop and replace it with vaping, in my opinion. But in order to do that, you need to find the style of vaping and the kit that suits you.

I'm the same, I bought a innokin coolfire and stopped the next day, not touched one for months.

I use 3mg juice, never looked back.

I smoked rollups for years. I threw myself into vaping 100% I didn't try any tobacco flavours i just picked a flavour i liked ( it was custard) and it tasted fab so i just went for sweet tasting liquids just to get some taste and it worked for me. Ive never tried a tobacco flavoured juice as this is what i wanted to stop. Ive never had a craving to go back to smoking because i realize now how horrid i smelt when i smoked. I wish you the best of luck with giving up the stinkies its the best thing you will ever do. I feel great now and vape like a train and smell of strawberries and custard.:)

I did it by massive chain vaping , I was a talking cloud that moved around and had a job , someone commented watching me in my car was like watching a steam train going down the road , so much so I had two tanks and when one overheated I swapped it out to cool and swapped in the other to keep the cloud constant .. and then I found I wanted less vape more quality of flavour and the cloud dissipated . And now , no drugs or tobacco for years now , and can manage a 14 hour flight and not even miss the vape , quite happy to wait till at final destination . Seems both psycological and chemical addictions have been beaten to the level of being a bit like missing a coffee . And the making own coils and things fills in where the joy of the perfect built joint used to be . Now it is all about flavour , much like it is with good coffee .

Oh .. I did out of curiosity try a roll up a few months after giving up ... yuck ..it was horrible .. straight back on the strawberry custard to get the taste away .

I've just come back to vaping after relapsing to smoking for a few months after a load of social commitments and stress.

As soon as I'm vaping I can get straight down to 1-2 cigarettes per day relatively painlessly, but it's the social events that I struggle with (where I've always used cigs as a social prop / anti anxiety tool - and sometimes a way to get away from the crowd and get my head together).

I just need to crack that and I'm done, but I do try to focus on the cigs I don't smoke rather that those I do.

Wish you could lol like and thank all at the same time, I like you guys, reckon I'll be here a lot in future.

I gather just about everyone here smoked before they started vaping. I have some questions, I'm really interested in your experience wrt quitting smoking.

Have you quit or do you still smoke? Did you find quitting difficult or easy? How easy or hard have you found switching?

I ask because I'm still smoking a bit and I could do with some idea of how long it might take to be able to drop the cigs altogether and any tips you might have for making it easier.

Thanks in advance :-)

I started with an Innokin e cig in April this year and still had some tobacco in the house when I bought the Innokin so smoked a few roll ups a night and weaned myself off the smokes- it took me 3 weeks. I preferred the taste of the e liquids. I had tobacco cravings for about 3 days after I smoked my last rollup and by 7 days the craving for tobacco was gone! I told myself that I was gonna stop smoking by the time I moved into my new flat and I did it the week before! I honestly have not had a craving for tobacco since. I am now Sub ohming- I got an aspire sub Ohm e cig in June. After getting into sub Ohming you could not pay me to ever smoke again! It is superior in every way to smoking! I agree with speedfreek- once you find the e cig and e liquids you love smoking will be a thing of the past. I smoked for 30 years and could not have stopped without going over to vaping. I admit that I liked smoking a lot, but I noticed more and more my chest was feeling tighter and my mouth was feeling less and less fresh. What e cig have you got?

I've just come back to vaping after relapsing to smoking for a few months after a load of social commitments and stress.

As soon as I'm vaping I can get straight down to 1-2 cigarettes per day relatively painlessly, but it's the social events that I struggle with (where I've always used cigs as a social prop / anti anxiety tool - and sometimes a way to get away from the crowd and get my head together).

I just need to crack that and I'm done, but I do try to focus on the cigs I don't smoke rather that those I do.

I had that experience also - I got a jac vapour e cig about 5 years ago and stopped smoking for 3 weeks, but then had a sudden bereavement in my family and went and bought tobacco! But to be fair the jac vapour e cig was not as good as what is on the market now- the vapour tended to lose the flavour after awhile and I didn't get as good a hit. Sub Ohm is what I was looking for!

Wish you could lol like and thank all at the same time, I like you guys, reckon I'll be here a lot in future.

Sometimes it takes time to get to be a full time vaper CeeMee, you are smoking less so that is a step forward.

Back
Top Bottom