What's new

NHS First for Well Being service

anthonyb

Achiever
Can any of you apes shed any light on the above.

I have just come across this posted on F/B by my local B & M store

"Moorevape are proud to announce that we are now registered with the NHS First for Well Being service.

This means we will now be able to further assist our customers in their attempts to give up cigarettes once and for all!

Either pop into your local stop smoking service, or come to us direct and we will get you registered."

Doubt it will mean free gear or juice somehow or if it does then it would be restricted to some clearomiser or cigalike that's been approved by the MHRA/NHS but worth checking if anyone uses their shop and maybe worth asking in other shops?

Doubt it will mean free gear or juice somehow or if it does then it would be restricted to some clearomiser or cigalike that's been approved by the MHRA/NHS but worth checking if anyone uses their shop and maybe worth asking in other shops?

I shall try and pop down when I can.
Here's the rest of the post that I missed earlier.
"Either pop into your local stop smoking service, or come to us direct and we will get you registered."

I shall try and pop down when I can.
Here's the rest of the post that I missed earlier.
"Either pop into your local stop smoking service, or come to us direct and we will get you registered."

Let us know what the score is, could be worth supporting by showing the NHS that vape shops are responsibly referring vapers?

Let us know what the score is, could be worth supporting by showing the NHS that vape shops are responsibly referring vapers?
exactly what i was thinking - defo not a bad thing for the scene at all

By the sounds of it it's some sort of local trial where the local NHS Trust is hooking up with reputable stores so when patients come to their practices for advice on quitting the fags they can be referred. Better a B+M store with vast knowledge of vaping and the available products give newcomers advice and guidance than doctors who may have never vaped before. Hopefully it's successful and it gets standardized across the UK. Public Health England are already behind us so getting NHS support would really help the scene.

Update on above as I understand it. (I was in the shop being distracted by the shiny stuff)
The purpose of the visit was for information, but no leaflets or anything where available. After speaking to the owner (angie), and if I understood it properly, it appears the Northampton smoking cessation service, are referring people who want to try vaping to help quit to the shop. I don't know if it works the other way as well.
Upon being referred, the shop will register the person and do a breath analysis. This is recorded on the system at regular intervals, and automatically relayed back to the service.
The referee's receive a discount on a starter kit, as I understood it, of the referee's choice, and not just a simple this is what you get.
For me, this is a positive step forward, the fact that the service is using a good retailer owned and run by experienced vapers.

Moorvape itself.
Started out a few years ago as a market stall here in Northampton. I can't remember when, but they then opened the first B&M here. And I think they have closed the market stall now, but don't quote me on that one, as I have been on the market for awhile. Stock wise, I've never seen any cheap and nasty kit for sale (like the stuff in the discount stores) and pre TPD they carried a good range of liquids. Basically the sort of shop we all like to visit now and then, owned and run by vapers for vapers.

good to hear.
it sounds like most councils are now closing down their stop smoking groups to save money so this is a good way forward. just wish my ruddy hopital would see sence but no chance in that as all the trust board are non smokers and still class vaping as the same thing. it is totally banned on site except for one smoking shelter which theve been trying to remove for the last 8 months.
we still have to share the shelter with all the smokers and theres certainly enough of them.
think weve got around 20-30 vapers out of 3600 staff.

Back
Top Bottom