What's new

Short Fill nic shot calculator

damob9k

Initiate
Hi All,

I, like many of you, I suspect like to make my own nic shots for short fills as I like to have .6% strength, which most 60\50ml short fills don't allow.
I also tend to buy 70% VG juices which I have the quantities written down to make my nic shots.
But while trying to explain this to a friend, he asked what the quantities would be for 50/50 juice ...

So I sat down and worked out the formulas in Excel ..
BUT I'm also just starting to learn C# (a programming language for those who didn't know) and thought that this would be a good exercise for me to learn, so I have, and I'd like to share it with you guys as I think \ hope that you might find it useful.
Here's a screen shot:

You can set whatever size of short fill bottle you want, set the VG% , your base nic % and type (VG\PG) and what you want the final strength to be, It will then tell you exactly what quantities you need.

I hope you find it useful, I've pretty much tested it to destruction, but if you find anything wrong, or would like to suggest any improvements or additions, please post them.

It's a single .exe file that runs as a standalone app (no installer) it just requires a Windows PC with .Net installed (all do normally) I've tested this on Win 7 - Win 10.

Don't ask me to make a version for iOS, Android, Windows Phone !! not yet any way, I need to learn C# properly first ! :)

Kind regards
Damian

Attachments

• NicShotCalculator.zip
    31.5 KB · Views: 193
Hi All,

I, like many of you, I suspect like to make my own nic shots for short fills as I like to have .6% strength, which most 60\50ml short fills don't allow.
I also tend to buy 70% VG juices which I have the quantities written down to make my nic shots.
But while trying to explain this to a friend, he asked what the quantities would be for 50/50 juice ...

So I sat down and worked out the formulas in Excel ..
BUT I'm also just starting to learn C# (a programming language for those who didn't know) and thought that this would be a good exercise for me to learn, so I have, and I'd like to share it with you guys as I think \ hope that you might find it useful.
Here's a screen shot:

You can set whatever size of short fill bottle you want, set the VG% , your base nic % and type (VG\PG) and what you want the final strength to be, It will then tell you exactly what quantities you need.

I hope you find it useful, I've pretty much tested it to destruction, but if you find anything wrong, or would like to suggest any improvements or additions, please post them.

It's a single .exe file that runs as a standalone app (no installer) it just requires a Windows PC with .Net installed (all do normally) I've tested this on Win 7 - Win 10.

Don't ask me to make a version for iOS, Android, Windows Phone !! not yet any way, I need to learn C# properly first ! :)

Kind regards
Damian

Nice one mate, thanks a lot.

I applaud your efforts, but there's a mixing calculator on this very site that does all that and more.

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/e-liquid-recipes/mixing-calculator.php
Hi icepie, actually, no it doesn't ... that is a calculator \ recipe tool for making juices from base ingredients (just like the hundreds that are available from many juice supply websites)
My app is totally different in that it takes pre made 0 mg juice and calculates how much nicotine, PG and VG you need to add.
I searched the web a fair bit to find an easy solution to adding nic to different size short fills, and couldn't find one, so that's why I made this :)
Cheers
Damian

Hi icepie, actually, no it doesn't ...
Actually yes it does. I use it for calculating additions to short-fills AND for modifying off-the-shelf juices AND for making my DIYs from scratch, so like I said, it does what you say yours does, and more.

Actually yes it does. I use it for calculating additions to short-fills AND for modifying off-the-shelf juices AND for making my DIYs from scratch, so like I said, it does what you say yours does, and more.
OK icepie, if you say so ... but I think you're missing the point of the simplicity of this tool for short fills only.

Back
Top Bottom