What's new

Smok RPM80 Pro....Thinking of buying one. Edit bought two

Richard Winter

Achiever
Am thinking of buying my first Pod device after reading all the news about them and how popular they are. I've tried the Moti Pod and thought it was a cracking little device.
I own many mods (including lots of Smok mods) and have lots of external batteries hence saw the Smok RPM 80 Pro and thought it would be right up my street.
It has replaceable coils, its refillable, even has an RBA coil so seems to hit all the boxes.
Before I get one, I thought I'd ask you guys and girls your experience on this Pod/Mod.

I don’t have the RPM80 but I do have the rpm40 and fetch mini which both use the same coils and they’re great if you like a restricted lung hit. Do yourself a favour on the the rba though and get one of the third party ones with a 510 adapter so you can dry burn your coils etc.

If you are looking for restrictive MTL pod then the Smok won't tick any boxes, if you are after a DTL draw then maybe but grab yourself a Vaporesso Target PM80 instead, I have 2 of them, they rival most of my DTL devices.

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/pod-systems/vaporesso-target-pm80-kit.html

Spoiler alert:

Vaporesso_Target_PM80-11.jpg

I don’t have the RPM80 but I do have the rpm40 and fetch mini which both use the same coils and they’re great if you like a restricted lung hit. Do yourself a favour on the the rba though and get one of the third party ones with a 510 adapter so you can dry burn your coils etc.
Thanks @red5. I am mostly a DTL vaper and do like a bit of a restriction.
Oh I didnt think about dry burning the coil in, good shout. Thanks for the info.

If you are looking for restrictive MTL pod then the Smok won't tick any boxes, if you are after a DTL draw then maybe but grab yourself a Vaporesso Target PM80 instead, I have 2 of them, they rival most of my DTL devices.

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/pod-systems/vaporesso-target-pm80-kit.html

Spoiler alert:

View attachment 215993
Wow, looks good. Am after an external battery one so will check out the link you've posted. Thanks. Mighty have to splash out and get both if I cant decide.

The only thing about the RPM-80 is the UK versions for the pods, they have a grey plastic sleeve inside them to take it down to 2ml of liquid, not found a way yet of taking this out. So have ordered some from the States which are coming from China.

The only thing about the RPM-80 is the UK versions for the pods, they have a grey plastic sleeve inside them to take it down to 2ml of liquid, not found a way yet of taking this out. So have ordered some from the States which are coming from China.
Thanks for the info @Craigtrex600. I ordered mine from Everzon so hopefully when it arrives it wont be the restricted TPD version. How do you find the kit?

Thanks for the info @Craigtrex600. I ordered mine from Everzon so hopefully when it arrives it wont be the restricted TPD version. How do you find the kit?
I have to say it is a dream vape, I usually vape around 25-28w but with the 0.17 coil I am upto 60w and the flavour is superb. I am currently looking at getting rid of the other mods I have and having a selection of these pod kits, I vape 4 different flavours and have a vape mod/tank for each. The battery is lasting me about half a day but just put in another and away you go again. I have to say it is my best buy of 2020 so far...

vape.jpg

Last edited:
I have to say it is a dream vape, I usually vape around 25-28w but with the 0.17 coil I am upto 60w and the flavour is superb. I am currently looking at getting rid of the other mods I have and having a selection of these pod kits, I vape 4 different flavours and have a vape mod/tank for each. The battery is lasting me about half a day but just put in another and away you go again. I have to say it is my best buy of 2020 so far...

View attachment 216532
Brilliant, hopefully mine will turn up in a week or so. This will be the first mod/pod I've bought and from your experience I'm really looking forward to trying it.
I have many many mods etc that I've amassed over the years, some good, some really good, some not so good. Cant bring myself to getting rid of them tho lol.
One of the reasons I opted for this device was the external battery, so much nicer taking a few fully charged bats out with you and being able to vape all day and eve without the fear of it running out.

Back
Top Bottom