What's new

HAD ENOUGH!! Tank - Coils ect..

It would seem I need to fork out a bit for a new Mod and bits and pieces, tools ect for the RTA, also if I do research I have time to save up and do the RTA properly and get a Nice Mod.

I am smoking the Pico at the moment, so this will not be suitable for a RTA, will need something a bit better.

So will try another tank for now, will do the RTA in a month when I have more time to learn and buy a Mod.

Lets now talk tanks, The clieto was the talk of all vapers ages ago, do we have a newer tank which is getting amazin reviews like the clieto did ages ago?

Really appreciate your help guys and gals

RTAs are definately the way to go..for cost convenience. I've not long started using them myself, and now have several different ones, and the one thing i've noted about self made coils, is that if you look after them, clean them off periodically, rewick 'em....then they last almost indefinately! I've a coil i put in a Siren 2 MTL RTA back in February....it's still going strong! You just need clean them off, and put fresh wicking in them, every coupla weeks, or when you change to a different juice....costs pennies! I've a bag of Muji cotton pads that cost me £4 for 180 pads.....i reckon that bag will last me 2 years...easily! :)2

Like many on here...i've stayed well away from anything made by Smok...bar one epipe bowl that i do have..but none of their tanks...cos they're shite! Smok's QC ain't what it used to be, alas.

On another note....have you looked at Uwell Crown tanks at all? I have the SE1 (Crown 2) & more recently the current Crown 4...and these tanks are excellent. I find i can get a coupla months out of single 0.25 or 0.2 ohm coils, and i vape very sweet juices in them. You could check those out.

Last edited:
RDA's (Rebuildable Dripping Atomisers) are reasonable to work with, as their somewhat easier to work with and more forgiving than RTA's (Rebuildable Tank Atomisers).

Also, I have heard people mention a lot about Rayon being used for wicking. It's supposed to be good, never tried it myself though. But if it interests you, remember to buy the pure non reinforced version Rayon.

It has the code 44130 for the small 40ft length box, details linked below.
https://www.grahambeauty.com/beauty-coil/rayon-beauty-coil/
Amazon product ASIN B00PBGJT5A
And with coils, keep it simple. Use flat or round wire and a 2mm and 3mm drill bits, don't need that many forming tools to begin with. And wire, just like wicking is a personal preference thing. As depending upon how you vape (if you use Temperature Control or not) and if you taste a difference.

RDA's (Rebuildable Dripping Atomisers) are reasonable to work with, as their somewhat easier to work with and more forgiving than RTA's (Rebuildable Tank Atomisers).

Also, I have heard people mention a lot about Rayon being used for wicking. It's supposed to be good, never tried it myself though. But if it interests you, remember to buy the pure non reinforced version Rayon.

It has the code 44130 for the small 40ft length box, details linked below.
https://www.grahambeauty.com/beauty-coil/rayon-beauty-coil/
Amazon product ASIN B00PBGJT5A
And with coils, keep it simple. Use flat or round wire and a 2mm and 3mm drill bits, don't need that many forming tools to begin with. And wire, just like wicking is a personal preference thing. As depending upon how you vape (if you use Temperature Control or not) and if you taste a difference.
Rayon can also make you sick while vaping it and give you a terrable cough with headaches if you have never used it why would you recommend it to someone looking to start out with building? Seems like a stupid thing to do to me

OP if you follow any advice in this thread about moving into rebuildables please ignore this Rayon bullshit and start with normal cotton

I like the look of Squonking, and building my own coils, but will need some time to get money together for all the bits and pieces, also get some time to learn to do it all.
I work 5 days a week and have my kids on the weekend, so busy right now, but will be getting into it.

Just need a good tank for now.
I vape according to my budget, I would love to vape at 100w, but can only afford 40 - 50w

So far is seems the Freemax is the best Tank for right now ?
if 40-50w is your range then a single coil RTA is the way to go. If budget is tight there is a clone Wasp RTA on hotecig for around $10 US get some nichrome premade coils at around 0.3ohms from there for around $3 then just need some cotton

Back
Top Bottom