What's new

Rayon/Cellucotton Health Concerns

SublimeSparo

Postman
After speaking to a couple of other people that have tested using this as a wick material I feel i should put a warning out that there have been reports of undesirable effects from vaping with it.

So far we have reports of;

tickly/ itchy throat
coughing/ tight chest
headaches

If anyone else has experienced these or any other symptoms please post them here.

Personally I'm going to stop using it, ultimately it is your choice but just beware/ take care.

I did a lot of digging for info about this stuff as it is being touted as the latest and greatest wick....

It was a post by someone that makes the stuff, 'rayon' that was enough to put me off.....

Has to be viscose i would say.
Spoke to a chemical engineer of 40 yrs plus at work after seeing this thread.
You wouldn't believe, how hard i tried to stay out of it, simply because i know how its made and i wouldn't want to be using it as a wick.
now that does not mean it isn't safe, i can't say, not too sure anyone could, but i'll be sticking with cotton.
Anyhow the geek i spoke too, appreciated the absorbency, of Viscose, and thought it ideal for this purpose, which by the sounds of it, it is.
My one concern, is that the chemicals are not ALL washed out in the process, it should be, and would be if the people buying the product are buying the Q1 product and not waste.

There are various ways companies can buy this fibre.

It is probably viscose, and i would assume made in china by us, or similar.
Also assuming they allocate their fibre as we do, then picky customers, critical end uses get the best.
But, there is also large market for waste product, made at out of spec production, e.g reduced washing, drying there are any number of examples.
Might be alot of research to find where Grahams get their product

As much as I like using cellucotton/rayon. It does give me a bit of a dry cough. It does wick better than cotton though. mmmm. I might go back to organic cotton. We have to try these things though. Can't for the life of me source any Japanese cotton. This I have to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

I posted this in the other rayon thread but I'm having no issues at all. I'm using the stuff from 8BitVape and I really rate it. I had a heavy vape and booze night on Saturday too and I've still no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Had none of the issues reported by others but like anything else, if it doesn't agree with you, use something else. I'm loving it personally.

Just gone back to cotton to check if my recent symptoms are this or not

Mine is already in the bin, sticking to cotton

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Back
Top Bottom