What's new

Crown 3/4 DIY?

NeptuneUK

Initiate
Hi guys, I've recently ordered a crown 4 after a relative kindly bought a large amount of incorrect coils. The four seems like a relatively good tank so I thought I'd get it anyway.

My question is is there a DIY coil kit available anywhere or is it somehow possible to build your own coils?

I'm currently always burning through coils FAR TOO FAST with all of my current tanks so I'm looking towards DIY to help as I've exhausted looking at what I'm doing wrong, I figure I just vape too much. Long before I get any burnt taste I start getting the liquid turning brown and giving me a sore throat and cough after just a few days. I tried using lower wattage which I found was already really low, changing air hole positions and using higher resistance coils.

I currently have a Cleito Aspire, Voopoo UForce tank and Uwell Crown 3.

I have lots of coils and a fair bit of Japanese cotton from trying out RDAs years ago but failing to enjoy the experience.

Does anyone have any advice?

Many thanks

The Uwell Crown 4 isn’t rebuildable, at least I don’t think it is. It takes stock coils right? If so, then you’re buggered

What sort of juices are you using in the coils? Also, how are you priming your coils beforehand?

The Uwell Crown 4 isn’t rebuildable, at least I don’t think it is. It takes stock coils right? If so, then you’re buggered

What sort of juices are you using in the coils? Also, how are you priming your coils beforehand?

Thanks, what about my other tanks?

Yes I prime the coils. I typically use sweet juices, normally clear coloured.

No your other tanks aren’t rebuildable either, they take stock coils unfortunately. You need to be looking into getting an RTA. It’s basically an RDA which you mentioned you’ve used previously, but with a tank to save the hassle (if you like) of constantly dripping juice

No your other tanks aren’t rebuildable either, they take stock coils unfortunately. You need to be looking into getting an RTA. It’s basically an RDA which you mentioned you’ve used previously, but with a tank to save the hassle (if you like) of constantly dripping juice
I will look into these, thanks! As you can tell I'm not a very knowledgeable/veteran vaper!

I will look into these, thanks! As you can tell I'm not a very knowledgeable/veteran vaper!

Im not myself. I’ve been using sub ohm tanks like yourself. I’ve just ordered two RTA’s today and I managed to get an RDA for £6.99 off ECigone. In the long run I expect it to pay for itself due to not having to keep buying packs of stock coils :)

All the best, let us know how you get on. If I’m doubt, ask :)

Im not myself. I’ve been using sub ohm tanks like yourself. I’ve just ordered two RTA’s today and I managed to get an RDA for £6.99 off ECigone. In the long run I expect it to pay for itself due to not having to keep buying packs of stock coils :)

All the best, let us know how you get on. If I’m doubt, ask :)
I'll keep an eye on your RTA journey if you post it on the site! Thanks again!

What did you order?

I started building with a crown v1. There was an rba insert you could get for it.

I'll keep an eye on your RTA journey if you post it on the site! Thanks again!

What did you order?

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...al-chat/threads/building-my-first-rta.194381/

Got a thread going on above. I’ll be posting all my updates in there :)

- I ordered a HellVape Destiny RTA from ECigone (£24.99)
- A VandyVape Mutant RDA from ECigone (£6.99, £5.99 of you want it in stainless steel) this was primarily designed for squonk mods but it can be used as a normal RDA, or so I’m told.
- Earlier on I ordered a Dovpo Blotto RTA from NewVaping (£27.99, last one in stock I believe, this one is like gold dust at the moment)
:)

IMO I've found quite a few of the shop bought juices with a higher vg content trend to kill a lot of my coils after 4 or 5 days. When I mix my own juices at 50/50ish, it quadruples the length my coils last.
The shop bought juices with sweeteners etc gunk up the coils so quickly.

Back
Top Bottom