What's new

Building my first RTA

Nucleus

Postman
Evening guys and girls,

A member recently suggested I should have a go at building my own coils, I can’t for the life of me remember who, but thank you, it’s sent my mind into overdrive ever since.

So my question(s) is this, where the hell do I start? Is there a guide available, and is there a list of equipment I will need available also?

Ideally i could also do with some suggestions on which RTA’s to buy

Thanks

Evening guys and girls,

A member recently suggested I should have a go at building my own coils, I can’t for the life of me remember who, but thank you, it’s sent my mind into overdrive ever since.

So my question(s) is this, where the hell do I start? Is there a guide available, and is there a list of equipment I will need available also?

Ideally i could also do with some suggestions on which RTA’s to buy

Thanks
Have a look for a review video of the tank. Most have a building and wicking tutorial.

however it does rather repent on what you mean by " building".
Making a coil, from scratch, is probably best left till you gain experience.
Wrapping a coil, is something literally anyone can do. All you need is wire a2.5-3mm screwdriver and a bit of practice.

but the term " building", is most often used to describe fitting coils, that are already made, then wicking them. For that refer to the first sentence.

If you are thinking of getting a rebuildable tank, read plenty of reviews, and as @RAPTOREX said watch some youtube reviews.
The main thing for a first time tank is to make sure you get one get one that is pretty much leak proof.
Several times in the past I have eagerly made a coil, fitted it, wicked it, put it back together, only to find it pisses expensive juice all over my jeans.
This is extremely disappointing / annoying, and can put you of the idea.

@rew is right - we need more info about what type of vape you enjoy. What are you currently using?

And go for it, I was nervous but never regretted learning, and never looked back. And ask as many questions as you like. We were all where you are once. :)

And just remember, you aint doing it right till you've branded your thumb at least once.

What style of vaping? MTL, DL ?

Current tank is a fireluke 2, I’ve got an Innokin Zlide in one of my baskets though, I’m just waiting for payday. So the majority of my vaping is DL, so that’s where I would probably want to start :)

@rew is right - we need more info about what type of vape you enjoy. What are you currently using?

And go for it, I was nervous but never regretted learning, and never looked back. And ask as many questions as you like. We were all where you are once. :)

Answered your question above :)

Thanks, the technical sides of it don’t phase me tbh, I pick up stuff once I’ve done/shown once. It’d be ideal to have a checklist of what I need to get started though. That’s essentially what I’m looking for

Current tank is a fireluke 2, I’ve got an Innokin Zlide in one of my baskets though, I’m just waiting for payday. So the majority of my vaping is DL, so that’s where I would probably want to start :)

Thanks, the technical sides of it don’t phase me tbh, I pick up stuff once I’ve done/shown once. It’d be ideal to have a checklist of what I need to get started though. That’s essentially what I’m looking for
I'll leave the choice of wires to others then - I'm strictly MTL. You can get coiling kits, but I've survived for years winding coils on screwdriver shafts and cutting with nail clippers. Kits are nice to have, but not essential. Only thing I did buy specially was ceramic tweezers, which are useful.

Can't help with DL, but if you ever want an MTL let us know

Back
Top Bottom