What's new

Brainwashed Followers

Triple Sub

Postman
Ask away Matey :) What can we help with?

Thank you. Should i ask here? Or post elsewhere? I have a fairly lengthy body of text to post. I already have it typed out.

Here we go. If i need to move it, then thats no problem. Feel free to delete, edit or move the text.....

As a new vaper i found the different choices bewildering but i read a few reviews and decided to go for the Endura T22

Prior to this i smoked 15 Silk Cut Purple a day (this was 10 before they ridiculously banned packets of 10)

I didn’t want to fall victim to the governments (Tobacco company sponsored (in my opinion, not the opinion of the website)) plot to get people to spend more on cigarettes. So i decided enough was enough and began my vaping journey.

I visited Vape Shop A and bought a T22

I was shocked at how harsh vaping was compared to smoking Silk Cut Purple. It made me cough and splutter. Even when it didn’t, i felt on the verge of coughing.

The shop i got the T22 from (Vape Shop A) had also sold me 2 bottles of 12mg e-liquid. Which was (i believe) 95% PG. Although at the time i didn’t know there was PG and VG. I just thought the E-Juice came in different flavours and strengths.

I complained to a vaping friend about the harshness and coughing. He suggested i try 6mg strength.

I did. It was less harsh but still harsher than Silk Cut Purples. Plus i wasn’t certain i was getting the nicotine i needed.

I needed some more coils. I went to Vape Shop A and they sold me some 1.8 ohm coils.

Still harsh.

Then i heard about VG. So i went to Vape Shop A and asked for some VG juice. They said my coil wasn’t suitable for VG and that the most i could use was 60/40

They sold me some 60/40

I did think this was much better. I thought “This is it. This is what it’s all about”. That lasted for a day. Then the harshness returned.

I swapped the coil.

I got fresh juice.

I went to a different vape shop. Vape Shop B

The man in vape shop B said T22’s aren’t very good because the coils they use can’t take more than 60% VG

He let me try (what i think was) a SMOK V8

It was much much smoother.

He offered to sell me one at a really good price. I declined because i didn’t have enough money on me. Also it was only about 10 days since i bought the T22

I returned to Vape Shop A. I bought different e-juices, stronger, milder, stronger, milder, much milder. All 60/40

Most seemed ok for the first couple of puffs but then too harsh after that.

Everywhere i look, the T22 recieves good reviews. So what am i doing wrong?

Whenever i change the coils, i always get tweezers and pull everything out. There is always a black area on the cotton. Even on those i have only used for a day.

YES – I wait at least 10 mins after putting in a new coil, before beginning to vape.

I started my last coil of the packet of 5 yesterday. I think rather than buy more coils i am going to return to Vape Shop B, pay the extra and get a Smok V8

Unless anyone has any other suggestions?

Welcome aboard sparky.

1. You'll get a harshness from vaping as you're just starting off. Yir used to sucking in all sorts of dodgy chemicals and compounds, so going from that to vape, the body is just complaining about the change. It goes with time.

2. how long you getting from the coils on the T22 before they go black and crusty?

3. Vape shop B shouldn't be selling the smok v8 as it isn't compliant with the recent edicts/laws/regulations. The 'baby beast' is compliant however. Do go watch a few reviews on youtube on the thing and see what others think on it.

4. Aye, some coils handle certain PG/VG ratios better than others. The higher resistance of the coils the less likely it'll handle higher VG juices. VG is a viscous liquid and it need a bit of oomph tae flow nicely. A 1.8 or 1.5 ohm coil just doesnae have the beans to do that.

5. You'll for sure need 3mg juice if you go on to the higher powered device!! If you think the current harshness is bad, wait 'til you try 6mg at over 40 Watts!!

I haven't smoked a Silk Cut in maybe 20 years and from what I remember of the it was like sucking on a straw. I was a roll-up smoker. I had played around with vaping a few years back and used one of those crappy plastic pen things and had a very bad experience with cheap eBay juice.

So 11 weeks ago I decided to quit fags for good. I went to a local vape shop and bought a Smok Alien with a Smok Baby Beast tank. I started on that at 6mg in 70/30 VG/PG and then slowly weened myself off nicotine. I am now on a mix of 3mg and 0mg, I am only still using 3mg to use my supply up. The juice that was my absolute favourite is now virtually unvapable as the nicotine hit is awful. I have discovered that some flavours mixed with nicotine are worst that others. Lime Zest Cookie at 3mg is unbearable, but Strawberry Mousse and Heisenberg are just fine.

I think the nicotine hit you are getting is more than you are used to.

When I was young we used to call silk cut "silkies" and there was a big scandal/rumour of folk saying they caused cancer because of silicon in the filter. Also jps used to have the stigma of being thought to make your lungs bleed for 5 mins for every one smoked. Not sure if these were urban legends or what. The local fags of choice were kensitas club.

hi there @Triple Sub
What you're describing is pretty much what a lot of us went through when we started vaping. I'm not saying that a different kit/style of vaping won't suit you better than the T22 you have already - finding what suits you is part of the vape journey tbh and yes it can be frustrating :)
The physical effects you mention are pretty common tho. As @EmbraSewerRat said the transition froms cigs to vape isn't always easy, a lot of the shite in cigs is there to stop you realising how horrendous ciggies actually are. In e-juice there are no chemicals to suppress the cough reflex, or anaesthesize the cilia in your lungs. E-juice is known to cause a degree of dehydration too, especially in new vapers - say hello to headaches, sore dry throat..generally feeling a bit grotty - all compounded by the withdrawal symptoms...not from the nicotine but from the other crapola in tobacco.
Drink lots of water, stick with it - vaping isn't a magic wand you can wave to quit the smokes but it makes things adamn sight easier. I hope you find a set up that suits you quickly, you seem like a very grumpy quitter atm ;) it will get easier though. I know you think the hoops n' that you jumped thru to get on this forum are tedious etc but there's a reason for it. It's more of a community here than an 'ask and run' kind of forum, thats why you'll find dozens of experienced folk here to help you with anything you want to know. This place is also good for moral support when ya need it as well, so feel free to lean on us if ya need to, even if its not a technical vape question there'll always be someone here to provide encouragement :)

hi there @Triple Sub
What you're describing is pretty much what a lot of us went through when we started vaping. I'm not saying that a different kit/style of vaping won't suit you better than the T22 you have already - finding what suits you is part of the vape journey tbh and yes it can be frustrating :)
The physical effects you mention are pretty common tho. As @EmbraSewerRat said the transition froms cigs to vape isn't always easy, a lot of the shite in cigs is there to stop you realising how horrendous ciggies actually are. In e-juice there are no chemicals to suppress the cough reflex, or anaesthesize the cilia in your lungs. E-juice is known to cause a degree of dehydration too, especially in new vapers - say hello to headaches, sore dry throat..generally feeling a bit grotty - all compounded by the withdrawal symptoms...not from the nicotine but from the other crapola in tobacco.
Drink lots of water, stick with it - vaping isn't a magic wand you can wave to quit the smokes but it makes things adamn sight easier. I hope you find a set up that suits you quickly, you seem like a very grumpy quitter atm ;) it will get easier though. I know you think the hoops n' that you jumped thru to get on this forum are tedious etc but there's a reason for it. It's more of a community here than an 'ask and run' kind of forum, thats why you'll find dozens of experienced folk here to help you with anything you want to know. This place is also good for moral support when ya need it as well, so feel free to lean on us if ya need to, even if its not a technical vape question there'll always be someone here to provide encouragement :)
^^^^^Quality post^^^^^
Worth sticking on introduction pages.
OP - No harm in introductions and exchanging pleasantries. It's generally seen as an icebreaker in society and usually opens up people for a "warm" verbal exchange.
I get your frustration as we have all been through it.
The above post by @yappycat is extremely valid for a new vaper.
I hope you get through the initial stages of quitting the stickies. Silk cut have an extremely lower nic content than most other ciggies so would think you ought to be looking for as low as .3mg or lower nic juices.

Sounds like you might be burning your cotton....that could be why it's good to start off with & then gets harsh. Do you chain vape? If so the cotton may not be getting saturated with enough juice to keep it from burning. I had this problem when I started & took to doing a dry pull between puffs so that the cotton could re-soak.

Give it a go & let us know if it helps at all.

Keep trying, its worth it in the end!!

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom