What's new

Full size (3.5ml) Cthulhu hastur mtl rta bargain at sourcemore

True, I have the largest airflow insert in, at this moment, and it's more like Direct Lung than MTL, think I prefer the more restricted options.

I'm going to pull the current coil out and swap out the large air flow hope for the next one down (1.6mm I believe) this should got the nail on the head for me.
Really nice, simple to use, tank.

I'm going to pull the current coil out and swap out the large air flow hope for the next one down (1.6mm I believe) this should got the nail on the head for me.
Really nice, simple to use, tank.

Minor update after my other two tanks arrived and found I had used the middle one 3rd largest/smallest of the tree in my original
(though it was a tad airy)

Anyway - found I had the 3rd largest in my original one (2.0mm I think, I probably chose it coz looked similar size to Ehpro True)
so fitted smallest 1.0mm & 2nd smallest 1.6mm in the other two to see how they compare with exact same coils like for like etc.....

Coils are around 1.5 Ohm @ 10.5w

Well for me it is the second one 1.6mm that seems to tick the boxes - 1.0mm was a bit too tight for me on the draw
I used it out of the box, rushing to coil it up & test - not wise.......
It had a bit of a tang to it - other tank I rinsed in just warm water cleaning deck & chimey with an old toothbrush, rinse/repeat etc....
Much better without the slight tang or hint of machine oil - yeah give it a rinse/clean (some tanks are OK but give this a rinse)

Anyway...... emptied the 1.0mm tank and cleaned/brushed/rinsed/repeat a few times to clean it up to lose the slight tang &
just changed the smallest 1.0mm jet to the 1.6mm now & at some point I'll get around to changing the original with 2.0mm to 1.6mm

The two larger options - fuck knows why a MTL vaper would need those and I guess you could remove it completely to fully open
(so in effect you got 5 jets plus a 6th option of removing it completely perhaps = 6 air flow options)
plus the optional 4 other jets would give you up to 10 air flow options, then again I suppose you could mod a small jet with fine craft needle file

This could almost be a slightly slightly restricted DTL tank with largest jet or with no jet installed but I'm not a DTL vaper so can't say
But for me personally the 2nd 1.6mm jet seems to hit the spot and AFC closed down.....

Yes the AFC closed down, you read that correctly.....
The AFC is not airtight - you do not end up sucking a golfball like on some other tanks with it closed
I mean it is tighter of course but still allows air to be drawn in (quite restricted, but is not airtight seal like others)

Yup with the 2nd 1.6mm jet in there it is my main RTA I've been using this week and atm will continue to do so I reckon

I agree about the AFC not being airtight, and also about the need to clean these tanks.
Mine has a 1.3 Ohm coil, at about 12 Watts, and it's a dream.

It is a lovely tank with plenty of options. Doesn't quite hit the target as perfectly as the mini flavour wise (something about the synergy of the undercoil hole and airflow holes being the same size and the tiny chamber on the mini)
But it's pretty damned close and perfect for out and about with the extra capacity. Top end vaping for budget pricing.

Haven't got a mini to compare the two but the 3.5 & the mini might as well been made by two different companies

The decks are like chalk & cheese by comparison, not just drop down vs wick channels, not just air jets
but the deck posts are way way different and where the coil sits in its post channel position.....

The 3.5ml has a widened area at the centre of coil & a tighter space at the ends of coil.....

images

so in theory there is more air space/flow at the hottest part of the coil, than at ends of coil
The walls of the posts are much higher too which directs the vapour straight upwards from the start

The mini has lower post walls allowing the vapour to spread out & be funnelled by the chimney than directed by post walls
unsure if taller posts or widen area by coil centre is a good/bad/better thing but the design is very different by comparison

So when you think about how the vapour is going to generate & flow upwards from coil & collect through the chimney
it is no surprise they vape a bit differently to each other with such different decks

Way more difference than say the Siren 2 22mm vs 24mm for example, the 2 x Hastur decks are like chalk & cheese imho
I'm not going into the science or study air flow physics too much like air speed/acceleration & aerodynamic bollocks
as I'm not THAT techy, but the decks are very different between the two, hence the different results the two tanks produce

Last edited:
Got one on order although it states pre-order. Hoping it ships soon. The extra capacity will be nice.

I'm getting twitchy about the Mini-- now I got a Jones for one....... Damnit!
Looks like one will be hitting my Cart any day now..
Any kind tips as to who has the Mini at an unbeatable price?

I've just got another one of these, the offer is still there.

Got a weird problem though, when I screw this one onto a mod, any mod (I've tried the drag2, tesla wye, artery hive and rev sport, and also on my ohmmeter) I randomly get the check atomizer warning. The build is fine and its not shorting on the deck cover. its as if the firing pin is too short. if I unscrew the pin about a quarter turn (from as tight as possible) it makes the connection and works fine. Everything's nice and clean, and it only happens sometimes (usually when I first put it on a mod, although occasionally when i fill up).

Anyone had similar?

Back
Top Bottom