What's new

MTL cthulhu hastur full size mtl rta

eyeball kid

Legend
Here's the Cthulhu hastur mtl rta in it's full 3.5 ml size design.
This review does not represent the greater Borg that is POTV but reflects my own thoughts. Big thanks to @Sourcemore for supplying me with this for perusal.

WP_20190415_15_39_31_Pro.jpg

What you get here in a beautiful presentation box is the full 3.5ml size hastur mtl tank (colour options are a simple black or stainless).
You get two drip tip options with differing interior diameters, a spare frosted glass tank section, a bag of spare o rings and five (yes five) airflow adapters that slot into the deck so you can go from 1mm tight mtl up to a more restrictive lung hit of 3.5mm via 1.6, 2 and 2.5mm options. You also get a little blue screwdriver and really extensive instruction manuals.

WP_20190422_20_52_35_Pro.jpg

WP_20190422_20_52_04_Pro.jpg

WP_20190422_20_52_43_Pro.jpg

[/ATTACH]
WP_20190428_20_27_53_Pro.jpg

The deck is an excellent design with four screw clamp posts (two either side of the deck and bottom airflow hole of choice) this isn't for dual coil option but allows you to fit your coil perfectly no matter which way it's wound.
hmr-3.jpg

The reasons I requested another look at this tank are three fold. Firstly the cthulhu hastur mini rta has been incredibly popular over the last six months (I know I'm a big fan). Secondly the good folks at cthulhu have responded to a few minor niggles and fixed them and finally it's selling at a bargain price currently at sourcemore considering all that you get and the fact it's a genuine piece of kit.
I've been using this tank for a few weeks with my precious manabush while vaping at home and it's been a pleasure to use.
It's top fill using the same twist top that it's little brother has, revealing two "tic tac" size juice ports. The top is firm enough never to move in operation but not so firm that it take too much effort to open up to fill.
The juice ports will accommodate all bottle tips that I've ever encountered and the juice flows in without obstruction.
Placing your airflow adapter in the deck is easy and it holds firm. Finer airflow adjustment can be achieved using the outer airflow ring that moves smoothly and holds in position solidly.
I actually used the larger bore drip tip and it was perfectly comfortable with a tight draw. Coiling was simple and wicking, even easier. You just pull your wick through the coil and cut long enough that your wick tails just reach the bottom of the tank.
I've experienced zero dry hits at all. Even when pounding it.
The main improvement that's been made is the o ring that holds the tank secure to the top cap has been upgraded so you can now safely rewick the tank when full of juice without the fear of a lap full of juice.
Is the flavour as tight as the hastur mini.. not quite. I think the larger tank shines with slightly larger coils and a more open mtl style but I certainly had no complaints considering the extra capacity.
Definitely recommended.

You can grab one of these for yourself here and at a shade over £15 I suggest you do.

https://www.sourcemore.com/cthulhu-hastur-mtl-rta-atomizer.html
Big thanks again to @Sourcemore for letting me raid there stock.

Last edited:
Yes, good review, and I agree with all that you say.
All in all, this is a very nice tank.
I haven't tried the mini but now I'm tempted.
Like I need yet another tank ( like the proverbial hole in the head)

Thanks for the review. Agree with what you have said. I have 3.

Back
Top Bottom