What's new

What the F*~k am I using? RBA bridge question

So I've been messing around with various RBA's trying to get a pod like draw using nic salts, eventually managed to get one working perfectly but it's an unmarked bridge so I don't actually know what it is?

I can't photograph it as it's full and looks plain through the tank, but here's a description:

Standard 2 post build deck, wicks protrude outwards into the Boro, the chimney has 2 slots for the wicks and there is no securing screw.

I shoved in a 1.6 Ohm fused clapton, 2.5mm Ni80 and it's working a charm with a 1mm condensation plug.

I think it could be an Exocet kindly donated to me by @Martvb60 but I really can't remember.

So I've been messing around with various RBA's trying to get a pod like draw using nic salts, eventually managed to get one working perfectly but it's an unmarked bridge so I don't actually know what it is?

I can't photograph it as it's full and looks plain through the tank, but here's a description:

Standard 2 post build deck, wicks protrude outwards into the Boro, the chimney has 2 slots for the wicks and there is no securing screw.

I shoved in a 1.6 Ohm fused clapton, 2.5mm Ni80 and it's working a charm with a 1mm condensation plug.

I think it could be an Exocet kindly donated to me by @Martvb60 but I really can't remember.

Exocet

C8D62107-A155-4F69-85C5-4A637FE2EA39-69008-00001E0D1CE1E3CF.jpg

Pedantically, the Exocet is not a bridge, it's an atty.

A bridge is required when a proprietory and replaceable coil head is used, the bridging parts span the coil head to each end to form the connection. Bridges are required for coil heads made by Kanger, Aspire, Vaporesso etc.

arch-bridge-1-small.jpg

In essence, a bridge is a conversion kit allowing the use of a proprietory, replaceable coil designed for other tanks within a BB boro.

An atty like the Exocet, Crossbow and Vapeshell is a complete, rebuildable unit comprising the deck with lower connection, a chamber and a chimney. The chamber and chimney are separate pieces in the Exocet but a single piece with the Crossbow and Vapeshell. The SXK atty has two pieces which form the chamber and a separate chimney. Such rebuildable atty designs' sole purpose is to work within a BB boro.

Let's hope the terminology is clear now and that I don't ever see that error happen again. :)

Pedantically, the Exocet is not a bridge, it's an atty.

A bridge is required when a proprietory and replaceable coil head is used, the bridging parts span the coil head to each end to form the connection. Bridges are required for coil heads made by Kanger, Aspire, Vaporesso etc.

View attachment 197956

In essence, a bridge is a conversion kit allowing the use of a proprietory, replaceable coil designed for other tanks within a BB boro.

An atty like the Exocet, Crossbow and Vapeshell is a complete, rebuildable unit comprising the deck with lower connection, a chamber and a chimney. The chamber and chimney are separate pieces in the Exocet but a single piece with the Crossbow and Vapeshell. The SXK atty has two pieces which form the chamber and a separate chimney. Such rebuildable atty designs' sole purpose is to work within a BB boro.

Let's hope the terminology is clear now and that I don't ever see that error happen again. :)

You’ve got WAY too much time on your hands

My bad - it won't happen again :54:

Good explanation though, I will add that to the FAQ's if that's okay (I have been writing one up bit by bit).

You’ve got WAY too much time on your hands
'Tis the joy of early retirement. :)
My bad - it won't happen again :54:

Good explanation though, I will add that to the FAQ's if that's okay (I have been writing one up bit by bit).
Excellent. I was thinking about a leaking and condensation piece next, a centralised BB resource for future Alices would be fun to have.

Back
Top Bottom