What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Sticky Tutorial on BB settings needed?

I've not used my BB's much recently as I've been busy reviewing other stuff, done some new builds and forgot most settings between SXK & DNA boards especially in TC mode.

Happy to write one if nobody else is up to it but I know there are far more experienced users than me and don't want to give any duff info.

Thoughts? I think it's a great sticky as more and more people are starting to get BB's.

Idea 2 would be a basic guide including settings?

As a new BB user, I found your guide to sealing the pos pin very useful, also @TartanSpartan 's guide to wicking the Exocet. As an experienced vaper and rebuilder, the learning curve of BB's isn't particularly steep, however, to a newer vaper I am sure it would be very welcome. as you say, the number of BB users is still on the increase and I think it's a logical progression from pod systems which is where a lot of newer vapers are right now.

The smallest pieces of information are good to know, Si - it took me a little while with my dodgy bins to notice that the boro glass doesn't fit upside down for example!

Personally, I would do anything with regard to TC separately - this isn't the basics and I don't think many will go there. Good to have the reference material available though.

I've not used my BB's much recently as I've been busy reviewing other stuff, done some new builds and forgot most settings between SXK & DNA boards especially in TC mode.

Happy to write one if nobody else is up to it but I know there are far more experienced users than me and don't want to give any duff info.

Thoughts? I think it's a great sticky as more and more people are starting to get BB's.

Idea 2 would be a basic guide including settings?

Yes please that would be brilliant

I think this would be a great idea. I'm an RTA user for the most part, but for the last six months or so I've been curious about billet boxes. I have been mostly curious as to wether or not they can give a decent DL hit, and which parts would be best for this. I wouldn't want to be buying bridges/RBA sections only to find that they aren't for DL vaping (I'm not well versed on billets, as you can probably tell lol [emoji38]).

I think this would be a great idea. I'm an RTA user for the most part, but for the last six months or so I've been curious about billet boxes. I have been mostly curious as to wether or not they can give a decent DL hit, and which parts would be best for this. I wouldn't want to be buying bridges/RBA sections only to find that they aren't for DL vaping (I'm not well versed on billets, as you can probably tell lol [emoji38]).
You're in the same place I was in a short while ago, though I first pondered the BB a long time back and wrongly dismissed it as a MTL device.

I use Steam Crave Aromamizers, Supreme v2, Plus and Lite ... I like a lot of airflow. I am finding the restricted DL hit from the Exocet in a BB a really good and satisfying vape. Nowhere near the full on chat from a Supreme or Plus but absolutely fine.

I looked into pods for those times when I wanted a light carry, not particularly to be discrete (I tend not to be discrete!!) but because there are times when I don't want to lug about a dual 18650 mod with an Aromamizer on top - this is not pocket friendly. I tried 5 or 6 but pod system really didn't do it for me, I wanted more airflow, more juice capacity, to use 70-80VG juice, something rebuildable, more mah ... the answer was the BB.

If you're into RTAs already go for the Exocet and forget about coil bridges. Rebuilding and wicking is straightforward, the vape is great. You might want to dip a toe into the water with SXK clone gear before you decide to drop serious wedge on authentic. I was easily up and running with spares and custom tip for under £70

Thanks for the info scrumpox. This is the kind of thing I'm looking for! I like good airflow as well such as Zeus RTA, OBS engine and aromamizer plus (it may be the v2 I have. It's postless?). A restricted DL is also fine if it doesn't mute the flavour.
I'll take a look at the exocet and see if it would suit me [emoji106]

PS: I originally thought the BB was MTL only too (which is why it's taken me so long to bother looking at it *shrugs*).

Last edited:
I will start one off with photos also with some FAQ's as well such as (these are some of the things I had to ask).
  • What is a bridge?
  • Which stock coils are compatible?
  • DTL or MTL?
  • What is a Boro?
  • Why do I need to seal the pin?
  • What does a condensation plug do?
  • Which coin is best to use to unscrew the tank: 1p 5p or 20p? :p
Any other questions to add?

Hopefully the resident experts will chip in as I'm still learning new things and it's down to them if it's a sticky or not.

@Rob @TartanSpartan @domejunky

I use Steam Crave Aromamizers, Supreme v2, Plus and Lite ... I like a lot of airflow.
Off topic but have you tried the Oumier BULK RTA yet? sounds just your cup of tea, just WOW at the flavour & airflow, it's one of those tank that is best with airflow fully open, even the drip tip opens wide.
working on a review of it as we speak:

Bulk-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom