What's new

MTL and Coil type for flavour chasers.

• Thread starter Deleted member 54254
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 54254

Subjective maybe, I think the clapton build was producing more/better flavour. Would this be down to higher wattage producing more vapour, more surface area on the coils, or would plain wire Stainless Steel produce a similar effect? Am I just imagining this and Kanthal is just as good?

there's a thread here

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...uggest-some-complicated-coils-for-mtl.155897/

which has some thoughts... but not exactly the same topic.

Personally I don't get on with anything other than plain wire, but then I'm not looking to use more power or produce more vapour .... I think flavour is 50% liquid, 30% tank/rda/whatever, 19% how well you've build in (in a rebuildbale) and 1% what the wire is. :D

.. or something like that anyway. :D

I suppose I should maybe try this twisted coil and see what it's like.

I suppose I should maybe try this twisted coil and see what it's like.
Your going to get more vapour from a larger surface area (to the point of saturation within the size of the chamber/chimney) I actually find flatwire is better than complex wire but I dontend to use plain kanthal with mtl set ups as anything larger gets hot with the restricted airflow.

as anything larger gets hot with the restricted airflow

To the point of boiling the liquid and that's counter-productive. I guess I'll just leave all this madness for when I'm tinkering with mechs and rda's.

To the point of boiling the liquid and that's counter-productive. I guess I'll just leave all this madness for when I'm tinkering with mechs and rda's.
I find that's a problem with factory made claptons. The multiple size wire strands seem to heat differently and juice can become trapped and fry. This leads to poor flavour and spitback. Obviously more mathematically made coils by the likes of smutt are the exception but plain old wire works best for me.

I suppose personally I didn't have the issue as I make my own and never encountered spitback, thats why I maybe only noticed the increased flavour, but I can see the argument about restricted chamber size.

there's a thread here

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...uggest-some-complicated-coils-for-mtl.155897/

which has some thoughts... but not exactly the same topic.

Personally I don't get on with anything other than plain wire, but then I'm not looking to use more power or produce more vapour .... I think flavour is 50% liquid, 30% tank/rda/whatever, 19% how well you've build in (in a rebuildbale) and 1% what the wire is. :D

.. or something like that anyway. :D
I second most of the above, I use A1 kanthol and ok with it

Back
Top Bottom