What's new

Suggest some complicated coils for MTL?

keepitgoin

Postman
Hi all, I don't know if this is a thing but......
A yoot of my acquaintance gave me a pair of 0.5 oHm coils, they consisted of more than 1 strand of wire, and I tried one in a Squonk atty.
I enjoyed it! Great flavour and nice and warm, still only around 18-22watts.
I know some "hardline" MTL purists won't agree with "fancy" coils, or even loose MTL Vaping, but I like to live on the edge!!
Anyone suggest any pre-bought coils around 0.5-0.8 oHm that I can try before building my own?
I'm happy enough with kanthal, but would't mind trying Stainless Steel (unless anyone knows different!)
I like flavour, and am not bothered about clouds, bro

I dont know of any personally however vandy vape do nichrome and SS mtl fused clapton wire. Tis rather good.

yeah, a thin clapton wire is about the only thing that's going to work.... anything else it's going to be too big or too low in resistance I think.

... or you could make some twisted multi-strand ... 2 or 3 thin wires twisted together.... 32awg maybe?

other than that I wouldn't bother to be honest.

If you wanted to try stainless twisted that might work as it has a lower resistance than Kanthal .... a pair of 28awg stainless twisted together might get you around 0.8ohm

Vandy vapes mtl fused Clapton wire is bloody good I've got 4 mtl tanks all running it around o.5-0.6 at 16-22watts and bloody love it.

Ive seen some vandy vapes clapton stuff .. dont know what its like though maybe give that a try?.. Id never use it - i tried the coils that came with the berserker .. and I can personally make a better tasting coil out of single strand nichrome .. so never used them again.

funky coils are not for me tho - so your mileage may vary

Vandy vapes mtl fused Clapton wire is bloody good I've got 4 mtl tanks all running it around o.5-0.6 at 16-22watts and bloody love it.

How thick is a strand of the wire......AWG wise as a comparison?

Isn’t that too wide to fit nice in a lot of tanks? I use one bit of 30awg wire and it seems like a nice fit. 2 x this plus a 38 would be a bit overcrowded for me.

Isn’t that too wide to fit nice in a lot of tanks? I use one bit of 30awg wire and it seems like a nice fit. 2 x this plus a 38 would be a bit overcrowded for me.

Aye, the completed wire thickness would need to be no thicker than 27awg for me....

Back
Top Bottom