What's new

WANTED: People for testing our new device

20180718_100744.jpg

Pic for clarity.

Ok so I've taken the coil apart and it's definitely the cotton. The coil itself is clean as a whistle. There are 4 wee sheets of cotton packed in and the first 2 were pulling over the top of the coil, which was restricting the draw and causing a bit of spitting. The other 2 stayed packed in the casing.

I've been using 70vg/30pg 18mg nic salts juice which is diy with only a little meringue for sweetening. Got about a tank and a half out of it till the issue arose.

Thanks so defo a build issue in yours

I did half a tank thru one and not even half a tank thru the other. Unpacking at mo but I'll dissect them later today.

@JAC Vapour

So the inner cotton surrounding the coil chamber is in place and no problem. The two miniscule sheets that are wrapped in the coil wire are the problem. They're moving and blocking the airflow.

IMAG2009.jpg
IMAG2010.jpg
IMAG2011.jpg

@Mitz that's exactly what happened with one of mine. I've not tried the other yet. Damn good coils though, despite this wee teething issue. I'm just not getting the same off the 1.0's

@Mitz that's exactly what happened with one of mine. I've not tried the other yet. Damn good coils though, despite this wee teething issue. I'm just not getting the same off the 1.0's
The 1ohm coils are great for what they are and I see the market. But they are lacking for me in the same way as the 1.8ohm aspire coils are. I use the .7 aspire coils and I would use the .7 Jac coils. Or possibly even the .4 version. The flavour is there as is the vapour. But there is a design / build issue that needs resolving. Once resolved they'll be cracking coils for sure and I would definitely buy them.

Out of interest, did you vape with the airflow bung in or out to start with when testing the .7 coil?

first chance ive had to try the turbo 0.7 and its quite a restricted tight draw and more of a mouth to lung hit, for me anyway.
imense flavour but personally i still prefer the 0.5 dtl coil.

The 1ohm coils are great for what they are and I see the market. But they are lacking for me in the same way as the 1.8ohm aspire coils are. I use the .7 aspire coils and I would use the .7 Jac coils. Or possibly even the .4 version. The flavour is there as is the vapour. But there is a design / build issue that needs resolving. Once resolved they'll be cracking coils for sure and I would definitely buy them.

Out of interest, did you vape with the airflow bung in or out to start with when testing the .7 coil?

I'm using the Wee Vim rather than the full sized one and I believe it's got fully open airflow like when the bung is out on the normal one. I'm not getting much out of the 1.0 coils tbh but the 0.7s are perfect for me, both MTL and (very) restricted DTL.

I'm going to buy a normal VIM once the new colours are out and will probably use the 0.7s on it when the issues are sorted as it's a cracking vape.

I'm using the Wee Vim rather than the full sized one and I believe it's got fully open airflow like when the bung is out on the normal one. I'm not getting much out of the 1.0 coils tbh but the 0.7s are perfect for me, both MTL and (very) restricted DTL.

I'm going to buy a normal VIM once the new colours are out and will probably use the 0.7s on it when the issues are sorted as it's a cracking vape.
Thats exactly the same with me. Ive put a few tanks through this now. I feel the coils are not much. I dont get the flavour or the hit. Although its probably my juice so i wont blame the coil. The damn thing can take abuse. Im chain vaping it with a sweet juice that is known to kill coils very quick and this bugger of a coil just sits there laughing at my attempts, not even getting remotely gunked up. I always read positives about jac vapours coils, i got to experience first hand how much abuse they take. Also is it wrong that i seem to be able to dtl the 1ohm coils?

Cant wait to try the 0.7ohm coils now. Just wish this bugger 1.0ohm would die. I just hate swapping coils out until the coils dead. But i think im going to have to with this so i can give all the coils a run for their money and give my feedback.

The weevim - i love it. Honestly for the price point they want to charge im predicting this to be a good seller. I think its perfect for new vapers. Its soo hassle free to setup and use. The battery life lasts a day for me. Although i do chop and change with my squonker when am at home at night. After a few days of use ive only found one issue which is to do with inserting the tank and it not firing. Its only happened once so hopefully it was a one off.

Last edited:
Thats exactly the same with me. Ive put a few tanks through this now. I feel the coils are not much. I dont get the flavour or the hit. Although its probably my juice so i wont blame the coil. The damn thing can take abuse. Im chain vaping it with a sweet juice that is known to kill coils very quick and this bugger of a coil just sits there laughing at my attempts, not even getting remotely gunked up. I always read positives about jac vapours coils, i got to experience first hand how much abuse they take. Also is it wrong that i seem to be able to dtl the 1ohm coils?

Cant wait to try the 0.7ohm coils now. Just wish this bugger 1.0ohm would die. I just hate swapping coils out until the coils dead. But i think im going to have to with this so i can give all the coils a run for their money and give my feedback.

The weevim - i love it. Honestly for the price point they want to charge im predicting this to be a good seller. I think its perfect for new vapers. Its soo hassle free to setup and use. The battery life lasts a day for me. Although i do chop and change with my squonker when am at home at night. After a few days of use ive only found one issue which is to do with inserting the tank and it not firing. Its only happened once so hopefully it was a one off.

ON the wee VIM I have had the not firing issue, I think it's the connectors are slightly out of place on some, fine on the VIM, but not the wee VIM, rotating the tank fixes it, or holding in the fire and finding the place it fires, I have one it does it quite regularly on though and we'll need to adjuts this prior to launch, to make sure it can't happen.

Back
Top Bottom