What's new

Pre-orders now live for VEKTO. A unique coil building kit by Graph-x

It looks interesting to me. Worth the price if the tools are good quality. It looks like a nice selection of tools and the wire / cotton system is really handy. Hats off to you for the invention and bringing it through to development.

I think the devil's in the details though, how easy / convenient is it to use on a daily basis? I presume that you unfold the scissors every time you use them? And set the screwdriver up with the right end each time? How many wicks worth of cotton can you fit in the end bit? I presume you have to coil the wire off your own spool and onto this one. I wonder if it might all be a bit of a fiddly faff to use each time I need a new coil / wick.

On the other hand, I've just come back from holiday for a week and I took a massive bag of coily shit with me. I'd much rather have taken something neat and self-contained like this.
Hi MHL, we are really please that you like the kit and can see the benefits. Yes the scissors fold out every time as we wanted to make the kit as compact as possible. They are great scissors though ! We trialled about 5 or 6 different pairs to find the right ones for cotton cutting. Yes you do have to change the Screwdriver bit but let me explain why. Most kits come with 3 or 4 different drivers however we provide you with 12 differing screwdriver bits and we think we have covered almost every deck grub screw size from hex to Phillips and flat. To incorporate this into the tool they each have to be removable. The handle is designed by us and is magnetised. It is a great screwdriver ! The sealed compartment will probably hold 5 or 6 wicks of a 3mm coil without depressing the cotton. If you are willing to compact the cotton a little you would get more. The wire spool does require you to wind on the wire of your choice. It's a great little invention by us and works really well. We are planning on selling the spools separately on our website at a small cost so if you prefer you can set up a number of spools at home and swap them out as and when you like. It's important to note that we have purposely designed this kit to be seriously good at the job it is intended for. All of the tools are great quality and sized to perfection (we have trialled them with people who have larger hands). We went back to the drawing board so many times to ensure we got it right as our reputation as a new brand is everything to us. This kit is not a replica of the old tried and tested method that has been copied so many times. This kit has been designed to be compact, tough and so portable that it can go anywhere with you any time. We could of copied the rest but that was not our intention. If you want a flat, zip up case with over sized tools that in many cases were not originally designed for coil building there are plenty of options out there. If you want a bespoke kit with almost every tool designed and built from scratch for the purpose of coil building that is tough and compact then maybe we are the right choice for for you. Only you know what you need. You have to see the differences. We are not copying the tried method. We are VEKTO.
I hope this explanation helps you guys. I don't want to force our product on anyone. I just want to make sure you understand our brand and our goal. We have a unique product that will compete with the best of the flat pack kits currently out there. VAPE ON

One further question - will you be able to get replacement tools for it?
Hi, We are currently producing our first run of fully completed kits. We will then be looking to stock individual pieces of the 'wear and tear' items on our site like snips, scissors and screwdriver bits. We will also be stocking the empty wire spools for you to load up and swap in and out as you please.

Got to say its a very nice looking design, and thought out very very well. I would like to see the quality of the snips and scissors and how hard the driver bits are. If they are properly hardened then I can see where some of the price is, but if they are just run of the mill bits the they won't last being small bits. Been there done that on selling site. All the best @GRAPH-X :)

Hi MHL, we are really please that you like the kit and can see the benefits. Yes the scissors fold out every time as we wanted to make the kit as compact as possible. They are great scissors though ! We trialled about 5 or 6 different pairs to find the right ones for cotton cutting. Yes you do have to change the Screwdriver bit but let me explain why. Most kits come with 3 or 4 different drivers however we provide you with 12 differing screwdriver bits and we think we have covered almost every deck grub screw size from hex to Phillips and flat. To incorporate this into the tool they each have to be removable. The handle is designed by us and is magnetised. It is a great screwdriver ! The sealed compartment will probably hold 5 or 6 wicks of a 3mm coil without depressing the cotton. If you are willing to compact the cotton a little you would get more. The wire spool does require you to wind on the wire of your choice. It's a great little invention by us and works really well. We are planning on selling the spools separately on our website at a small cost so if you prefer you can set up a number of spools at home and swap them out as and when you like. It's important to note that we have purposely designed this kit to be seriously good at the job it is intended for. All of the tools are great quality and sized to perfection (we have trialled them with people who have larger hands). We went back to the drawing board so many times to ensure we got it right as our reputation as a new brand is everything to us. This kit is not a replica of the old tried and tested method that has been copied so many times. This kit has been designed to be compact, tough and so portable that it can go anywhere with you any time. We could of copied the rest but that was not our intention. If you want a flat, zip up case with over sized tools that in many cases were not originally designed for coil building there are plenty of options out there. If you want a bespoke kit with almost every tool designed and built from scratch for the purpose of coil building that is tough and compact then maybe we are the right choice for for you. Only you know what you need. You have to see the differences. We are not copying the tried method. We are VEKTO.
I hope this explanation helps you guys. I don't want to force our product on anyone. I just want to make sure you understand our brand and our goal. We have a unique product that will compete with the best of the flat pack kits currently out there. VAPE ON
Thanks for providing the info @GRAPH-X .

It looks like a great kit for carrying out and about.

FWIW in the future I'd also be interested in seeing something along the same lines, but less fiddley and with more storage for diff wires / more cotton, perhaps with an integrated meter, that could be used as a compact home based kit.

Happy to do a review if you ever need one :)

Got to say its a very nice looking design, and thought out very very well. I would like to see the quality of the snips and scissors and how hard the driver bits are. If they are properly hardened then I can see where some of the price is, but if they are just run of the mill bits the they won't last being small bits. Been there done that on selling site. All the best @GRAPH-X :)
Hi, yes we are aware if the problems with snips and screwdriver bits and have sourced tough, hard-wearing metals for these components. Wire snips are notoriously bad in kits and we have worked hard to try and resolve this. They will wear over time as you are cutting thin wire that easily damages blade edges but we have tried to find hard compressed metals. I think it was mentioned in an earlier post that a very good pair of snips from a certain German manufacturer will set you back £60. Clearly that is not an option unless you wish to pay £100 for the kit. We have however worked hard on this particular aspect of the design and sourced the best possible materials.

Thanks for providing the info @GRAPH-X .

It looks like a great kit for carrying out and about.

FWIW in the future I'd also be interested in seeing something along the same lines, but less fiddley and with more storage for diff wires / more cotton, perhaps with an integrated meter, that could be used as a compact home based kit.

Happy to do a review if you ever need one :)
Hi, you don't miss a thing do you ! That was my next post lol ! Our kit is modular so it can easily be added to. We have designs for an integrated Ohm reader that can be screwed into the case (it will lengthen it by an inch or two) however that will be a little further down the road due to financial constraints as a new business. We have tried to balance the storage capacity with our desire to be compact and portable. More storage space equals a larger kit. We believe we have the balance right.

Back
Top Bottom