What's new

Miffed at fasttech

Well....I'm astonished. What turns up this morning,a mere 10 days after ordering from China? My stainless Vamo!!! :-) I think it's safe to say that the China Post tracking system isn't worth the server it's running on because the status never updated after 'opening'. Nice bit of kit and well packed in a box. A stainless Vamo for £22 delivered. Chuffed. But like I said,I won't order from China again. My one and only gamble paid off handsomel. I've just been very lucky :-) (Vendor was Vapor Break btw)

My replacement order was packed on the 9th, received by Singapore on the 11th and put on a plane to GB today. Certainly seems to be a damn sight quicker going by Singapore Post...but then it was between landing and home it went missing last time.

I placed an order on the 28th and tracking information never showed up. This morning I received an email from Fasttech stating that they had a number of complaints from people who'd placed orders on this date and after looking into the matter, they found that:

"the Hong Kong Post confirmed that the packages have been returned by the Hong Kong customs, this might happened if one package in the bag has been suspected contained contraband goods when passing through the security check. This actually happens from time to time.
Usually, the Hong Kong Post Office will inform us within a few days if there is a return happened, but this time they didn't contact us about this issue due to the slow internal handling of the Hong Kong Post Office. Singapore Post do a very good job of informing problematic packages, they usually report to us within 24 hours. This is also one of the reason why we chose to shift most of the packages via Singapore Post."

I wasn't one of the people who complained as I know from experience that the tracking system is erratic at best but it was nice to get an email and a support ticket opened on my behalf and to be asked if I want the package re-sent via Singapore post, which they will automatically do if I don't reply. It's possible that other dates close to the 28th were affected too, so if you ordered around that time and your item was sent via Hong Kong post, it might be worth enquiringly to see if there is a problem!

I got the same mail this morning. May as well wait for them to resend as it makes no difference to me, just be nice when it turns up.

Mine says "dispatched to overseas country gb" and has done for four days

Bob
I have found when it says that its about 4 days to your door from Heathrow, but they could hold it up as others have seen, tracker is defunct once the package has left China I believe

Update for my order vamo 3,bits and pieces,ordered 30th June,delivered today,15 days,Impressed.

My order turned up finally, exactly a month after it shipped. It really was on the slow boat, at least it got here tho. Came the same day as 2 other orders I'd made 2 weeks later.

yep mine too got all my orders now ...bit slow but got there in the end

Back
Top Bottom