What's new

hcigar mods and other clones

ebayhomepc did you bother flaming the ceramic before building?

Sent by carrier pigeon from the edge of a babble abyss

Not built it yet lol as I spent a hour cleaning all the parts fully so CBA at the minute.

Not that it was major dirty because it arrived pretty clean but my OCD ;)

Not built it yet lol as I spent a hour cleaning all the parts fully so CBA at the minute.

Not that it was major dirty because it arrived pretty clean but my OCD ;)

Just been tinkering with mine to get rid of the AFC ring gap, just gave the positive screw and insulator a quick file down and it now screws together perfect with no gap. Quick clean with soapy water, flamed the cup, wrapped two micro coils then had enough and decided I'll go back to it later. Still not sure if I'm gonna go dual micro cotton or single coiled silica crossed wick. Decisions decisions...

Just been tinkering with mine to get rid of the AFC ring gap, just gave the positive screw and insulator a quick file down and it now screws together perfect with no gap. Quick clean with soapy water, flamed the cup, wrapped two micro coils then had enough and decided I'll go back to it later. Still not sure if I'm gonna go dual micro cotton or single coiled silica crossed wick. Decisions decisions...

Lol yeah after cleaning I just looked at it and decided nope I can't be bothered. I think I'm going to just try a 1.3 ohm coil using .30 with muji cotton and split it to the channels as I'm not bothered about dual etc.

I knew it would be easy to remove the gap but tbh I'm fine with it and doesn't bother me too much ;)

Fasttech Rose v2 1:1 version

1st Build attempt (Looks poor but works nicely)

125qcr9.jpg

Roughly 7 wraps of .30mm Kanthal A1 around a 2.5mm steel pin

2e4z2n8.jpg

Make sure the coil fits the ceramic cup correctly

2vab8uw.jpg

Cut a strip of muji unbleached cotton pad and peel the top and bottom layer away

2e3o0ec.jpg

Roll one end of the cotton to a point and thread through the coil not too tight or loose just snug

xq01af.jpg

Attempt to split the cotton to the 4 channels in the ceramic cup, again don't pack the channels too tight or loose

w1ybl1.jpg

Flip the ceramic cup and cut the legs, longer will give you more throat hit but less vapour and shorter will give you less throat hit and more vapour, this is because the coil will sit higher or lower from the air hole

v2wion.jpg

Gently place the ceramic cup inside the base making sure the coil legs insert correctly into the 2 holes in the deck, tighten up the coil screws and cut the cotton flush with the outer threaded section, prime with liquid and test fire

2e36du0.jpg

Grab the tank section or place it in a stand like I have and pour the chosen liquid down the inside and stop just before the top of the chimney

sfzfnr.jpg

Hold the base upside down and screw/attach the tank section to the base then screw the driptip to fully close the liquid flow, invert and open the juice flow to the desired position and vape way.

Last edited:
ebayhomepc what resistance did that build come out at? Did a dual micro build at 1.4 ohm but the ramp up time is stupid so think I'm gonna bin it and go for a 1 maybe 1.2 ohm single coil with cotton.

@ebayhomepc what resistance did that build come out at? Did a dual micro build at 1.4 ohm but the ramp up time is stupid so think I'm gonna bin it and go for a 1 maybe 1.2 ohm single coil with cotton.

Hardly ever check anymore but its saying 1.7 so I've been using it on a vv.

I think my ohm metre is dodgy though.

Back
Top Bottom