What's new

Caravala-inapantina Copyishof something ish

Small screw first, then unscrew the part it went into and you should then be able to unscrew the top of the tank from the connector post

Did all the first bit - but mine just rotates ad infinitum. Absolutely no movement.

Did all the first bit - but mine just rotates ad infinitum. Absolutely no movement.

Try turning it upside down and gently push the centre pin through the connector.. then turn and pull the top anti-clockwise

pin (768x1024).jpg

Screwing it back up tight released the bottom seal - so it's apart. :2thumbsup:

Top end is still firmly fixed to the glass via a seal with more sticking power than fly paper.

You are not alone.
Having the same issue with mine dude, won't come apart at all.
Given up trying now for fear of busting it.
Injected hot water in it to flush it out and that's it now as far as I'm concerned.

If you can unscrew it to a point where the top will rock about then you'll have my problem...

1.jpg

One or both of the seals will have broken down and stuck firm to the glass preventing the top and bottom from moving out of the chamber.

Holding the top with the gripping device of your choice, wrapped in a rubber glove, I then did up the bottom again with a rubber gloved covered hand.

This allowed me to then unscrew again and (fortunately) the degradation had only just started on the bottom seal so the bottom came off.

2.jpg

Using the rubber-coated grip on the top I then used a finger inside the glass tube to work the seal to allow the top to come off.

3.jpg

Finally I have attacked the rubber stuck to the inside of the tank with a scalpel before washing and polishing to get rid of the remains.

Good luck, bud. I'm left with a number of marks on the top but at least it is all apart and will function normally from now on and the marks will be covered by the cap.

I'm glad I didn't resort to smashing the glass in case of emergency :D

Binned the old seals.

Put it all back together and the replacement seals make it very, very tight.

...which all means it definitely won't leak :D

Mawsley

Thanks for that bud, makes sense as too why it was giving me grief.
got to the stage last night where the top rocked slightly but left it at that as it was doing in head in.
will have another go at it later now i know it does come apart.

@Mawsley

Thanks for that bud, makes sense as too why it was giving me grief.
got to the stage last night where the top rocked slightly but left it at that as it was doing in head in.
will have another go at it later now i know it does come apart.

It did take an hour of working it last night and the whole morning. The tank, as you can see from the pictures, is a decent thickness so it shouldn't break - but I still focused on gripping the metal parts just in case.

I just realised I mixed up my o-rings so I'm going to have to break it down again and check which one is the better out of the old ones...and I reckon it'll be a good idea to regularly stip it down or leave it in pieces when not being used until I source some better o-rings.

Fingers like Vice Grips me!! Must come from all the running around on School roofs I did as a wee'un.

Fingers like Vice Grips me!! Must come from all the running around on School roofs I did as a wee'un.

More likely to be from holding onto whatever was in your hand for dear life in a pub beer garden as a do-gooder was trying to save you. ;)

Back
Top Bottom