What's new

"blood" billet box hybrid panel video

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
when I was a child I watched a deepsea diving program on the telly the diver was taking about being bitten by a shark whilst deep in the water he said that the blood because at that depth was less in oxygen than on the surface it was a greener colour not red lack of oxygen etc....

I went to school and mentioned this to some of my so-called friends teased me and said I was a stupid etc I felt belittled in front of them some 40 years on I still remember them I've asked years ago if this was true in a training season the trainer looked at me if I was a knobhead

I did say to a friend about this and she replied she started work with a girl that bullied her at school and she could relate to what I said. for some 30 years she carried this baggage around with her the bully when seeing her threw her arms around her saying she knew it was her and she was really happy to "meet up"

I asked her what she did

"I told her she made my life hell for 6 years she ruined my childhood"

"oh and what did she say," I asked

"she said nothing, I mean nothing she just looked at me with wide eyes"

"and" me

"and, well I spat in her tea for six months, every time I made her a cup"

"did it make you feel better" me

"fuck yes"

so this block is called "blood" I often wonder if I ever find the answer to the blood thing whether I should find the people and bang on the door with the proof, memory is a strange thing

Well that's interesting .................. from Reddit ;)

If it's true that under a certain depth of water blood appears green, why is that?

Actually, yes, as bizarre as this may sound at first, it is certainly true that blood appears green at a certain depth underwater when illuminated by sunlight as you can clearly see in this video.

The reason for this effect is not that the blood itself is changing color, but rather because the sunlight is filtered by the water. Above the water, your blood looks red because human blood has the following absorbance spectrum, where it absorbs strongly in the blue, more weakly in green/yellow, and weakest at all in red. As a result, blood mostly reflects some green, but more red, giving blood an overall red appearance.

However, underwater, the sunlight that is transmitted is changed spectrally by absorption by the water. While people often think of water as being clear, in reality it does absorb light, albeit weakly with this absorption profile. While the absorption is fairly low in the visible, it does increase going towards the red. This is why the sea looks blue, for instance! In other words as light passes through water, its red component is attenuated faster than its green or blue components. At a certain depth, the green component becomes dominant over the red component, and thus when this filtered sunlight reflects from your blood, the reflected light will look green.

Video here:

Well that's interesting .................. from Reddit ;)

If it's true that under a certain depth of water blood appears green, why is that?

Actually, yes, as bizarre as this may sound at first, it is certainly true that blood appears green at a certain depth underwater when illuminated by sunlight as you can clearly see in this video.

The reason for this effect is not that the blood itself is changing color, but rather because the sunlight is filtered by the water. Above the water, your blood looks red because human blood has the following absorbance spectrum, where it absorbs strongly in the blue, more weakly in green/yellow, and weakest at all in red. As a result, blood mostly reflects some green, but more red, giving blood an overall red appearance.

However, underwater, the sunlight that is transmitted is changed spectrally by absorption by the water. While people often think of water as being clear, in reality it does absorb light, albeit weakly with this absorption profile. While the absorption is fairly low in the visible, it does increase going towards the red. This is why the sea looks blue, for instance! In other words as light passes through water, its red component is attenuated faster than its green or blue components. At a certain depth, the green component becomes dominant over the red component, and thus when this filtered sunlight reflects from your blood, the reflected light will look green.

Video here:

Thank-you:2thumbsup:

Liz is looking for them on Facebook

“Knock knock it’s not the postcode lottery ya shits”:18:

Thank-you:2thumbsup:

Liz is looking for them on Facebook

“Knock knock it’s not the postcode lottery ya shits”:18:
I'd be really, really tempted to punch them ..................... then stick their head down the toilet and ask what colour their blood looks now ............... :16:

Ahem ....... sorry ............ of course I wouldn't ............ :21::51::54:

I'd be really, really tempted to punch them ..................... then stick their head down the toilet and ask what colour their blood looks now ............... :16:

Ahem ....... sorry ............ of course I wouldn't ............ :21::51::54:

its a really strange thing I can remember it now almost 40 years later, I think one or two of the people I remember are actually dead, cancer, car crash etc but yes 40 years and it was like yesterday does it make me angry and shaped my life? that's a deep question and now watching the video above I'm going ..."yep I was right" if I ever met them again (I remember the faces but the names have long since faded) I would be like....

"Fancy a nice cup of tea....."

its a really strange thing I can remember it now almost 40 years later, I think one or two of the people I remember are actually dead, cancer, car crash etc but yes 40 years and it was like yesterday does it make me angry and shaped my life? that's a deep question and now watching the video above I'm going ..."yep I was right" if I ever met them again (I remember the faces but the names have long since faded) I would be like....

"Fancy a nice cup of tea....."
And I'd probably do the same. Especially as they appear to have been wrong .............. ;)

One nice thing about getting older ......... you do tend to calm down a bit. :)

Back
Top Bottom