What's new

TPD AND MY NEIGHBOURING VAPE SHOP IGNORING NEW TPD RULES

GREGORY LONG

Premium Vendor
Hello,
As much as I hate the new TPD regulations they are what they are and my 2 shops were both TPD ready in time for May 20th, however a close by competitior vape shop which is fairly new got very friendly with our staff at our store and unfortunately did digging to find out our most popular ranges. These were brands such as Vampire Vape Heisenberg, Dinner Lady, Wick liquor. They have basically used the information and purchased loads of non TPD stock of 30ml Heisenberg, 30ml Dinner Lady and 30ml Wick Liquor. They are still selling this stock today and I cannot compete as of course I have followed the letter of the law and they are not. Of course my sales have dropped considerably and its really damaging my business of this store but I dont know what to do. This is totally unfair and killing my business. Any thoughts anyone please? Please respond if you are a vendor as it is your opinion that really counts. Thank you and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this as soon as possible

Gregory Long

perhaps, have a chat with him, to make sure he's aware of the repercussions ie fines or prosecution

if he is openly selling then word will soon spread round and the council will find out. then they will have a visit from trading standards and the police and most prob his whole stock will be confiscated and their licence revoked for breaking the law.

if he is openly selling then word will soon spread round and the council will find out. then they will have a visit from trading standards and the police and most prob his whole stock will be confiscated and their licence revoked for breaking the law.
Thanks for that but there is no need for a licence to sell vape liquids in the UK. I would assume that trading standards would confiscate the stock and then furthermore prosecute the owner?

Go round there, give them one opportunity to remove the illegal stock from the shelves and if they refuse or fail to change anything, contact the police yourself. This is your livelyhood they're messing with. Before you presented your situation, I think I would have welcomed such defiance by a vendor but I never considered how that would impact upon other vendors.

Thanks for that but there is no need for a licence to sell vape liquids in the UK. I would assume that trading standards would confiscate the stock and then furthermore prosecute the owner?
ill reword that then. revoke their lease on the store or whatever you call it.

Poop on his doorstep!

Seriously tho, how much non compliant stock can he have. The popular juices/strengths will probably go quite quick which will leave him with less desirable flavours/strengths. Then his trade will probably start to suffer and he'll be left with a load of poop juice.

Tell us the name of the shop and the apes will go round and clear him out of dinner lady.

Poop on his doorstep!

Seriously tho, how much non compliant stock can he have. The popular juices/strengths will probably go quite quick which will leave him with less desirable flavours/strengths. Then his trade will probably start to suffer and he'll be left with a load of poop juice.

well funnily enough tons of 30ml vampire vape heisenberg, wick liquor and not so much dinner lady. These are usually are biggest sellers which we still do of course but sales have come to a halt. we are selling at rec retail price on our 10mls and 3 x 10ml for dinnner lady but he is selling at below the old mrrp. he must have purchased cheap right near the end but i would say he has got a good 200 plus Vampire Vapes 30ml, 100 plus Wick Liquor and not many dinner lady but this is crucifying us. Before TPD came in we sold 40 plus bottles of Vampire Vape Heisenberg 30ml per week and now we are lucky to sell more than a bottle or 2 a day of the 10ml. Our shop sales have dropped 70% and its really bad. some might laugh and of course customers will love it but for a person who has adhered to the law to protect his business, it feels like im the one being persecuted sadly :(

not taking away anything about your point, but can the sales be directly linked to the other shop selling non compliant juice, it could just be people have bought up during sales, not willing to buy increased price 10ml (if the price has increased) It wont last ,as he will undoubtedly run out of stock sooner rather than later

I would suggest wick liquors nic shot range as an alternative, theres also other companies going the same route, which should be more appealing and profitable for vendors and customers

Back
Top Bottom