What's new

Vandy Vape Fused Clapton MTL coils - Wotofo MDura Mini ... Testing!

ZT

Super Moderator
Staff member
So @omroth has asked if I have tried out the fused Clapton Coils from Vandy Vape yet - and I have been meaning too ... Ive also been eyeing up the Wotofo MDura Mini Mods we have got in recently ... as I could do with a new mod ... and these remind me of the PICO which I always liked ... and having cracked one open and set it up I can tell you it in fact like an 80W capable leather bound posh Pico ... possibly a bit smaller ? Thats Conjecture - I don't have a Pico to hand to test it against.

alltold.jpg

As many of you know - I am quite happy - in fact generally I prefer to simply wind a simple round wire coil for my MTL vaping.

But as we sell these little Vandy Vape MTL Fused Clapton Coils - I have been meaning to give them a going over.

Ive used my trusty Black Pandora with bell cap - and a secret currently in development cigar Juice to test these out with.

Not going to be a great rambling piece this .. I have A Bike Lesson in a hour or so :)

Right The MTL Claptons - I used the Coil Master Mini Tab and my Pandora base to set these up and fire them etc.
There are ten in the cute corked glass (yay recyclable) pot and you also get a little coiling jig .. freaking bargain at the price (£3.99)

The coils are supposed to be 7.4Ohms or thereabouts .. and after a bit of firing and stroking to get it glowing easily, mine was showing as 0.71 (which I forgot to take a picture of).

glow2.jpg

Once set up and wicked and in the tank proper - it shows as 0.77ohms .. both of these numbers are to my mind well within tolerance .. given they will read different on different Atties, mods etc.

Unboxing the MDura made me smile - I miss the Pico .. and the is the Pico with Glamour .. I already love it.

all.jpg

Not explored its functions or read the manual yet (who does?) - its a battery is how I look at these .. its a pretty battery though .. and its pretty tiny for a box mod!

Right - onto the important bit flavour! obviously Jack all to do with the mod - but coils wise .. The flavour Im getting is really good, its about .15 of an Ohm lower than the coils I would usually wrap myself - and consequently I am firing at an earth shattering 17w to get my preferred 3.6V flowing through the coil. Flavour rendition is Sharp .. and im getting a lot of flavour .. I can pick out the layers as well.

In fairness .. I can do all this on my round wires ... but I think having that extra bit of Boom from the extra wattage may be making me think this pips it a bit flavour wise ... not enough for me to forgo my round wires for all time (sometimes its just easier and quicker) .. but I will most certainly use these again.

The MDura - I am instantly in love with .. extra pocketable! and unlike the Pico .. looks like it will take a 24mm tank and bubble glass easily without squeezing it in and eventually dislodging the 510 (which I did with all mine - true tank pico massacre!)

mdura.jpg

The Wotofo MDura Mini 80w Box Mod is also a bargain .. coming from someone who has regularly spent considerably more than this on similar items at £29.99. ranging from 5w to 80w it should suit both MTL and DTL fans.

relevant links to items used in this test :

Vandy Vape Fused Clapton Superfine MTL Coils

Wotofo MDura Mini 80w Box Mod

Yachtvape Pandora MTL RTA (with or without Bell Tank)

Coil Master V3 DIY Rebuildable Kit

hand.jpg

Last edited:
So @omroth has asked if I have tried out the fused Clapton Coils from Vandy Vape yet - and I have been meaning too ... Ive also been eyeing up the Wotofo MDura Mini Mods we have got in recently ... as I could do with a new mod ... and these remind me of the PICO which I always liked ... and having cracked one open and set it up I can tell you it in fact like an 80W capable leather bound posh Pico ... possibly a bit smaller ? Thats Conjecture - I don't have a Pico to hand to test it against.

As many of you know - I am quite happy - in fact generally I prefer to simply wind a simple round wire coil for my MTL vaping.

But as we sell these little Vandy Vape MTL Fused Clapton Coils - I have been meaning to give them a going over.

Ive used my trust Black Pandora with bell cap - and a secret currently in development cigar Juice to test these out with.

Not going to be a great rambling piece this .. I have A Bike Lesson in a hour or so :)

Right The MTL Claptons - I used the Coil Master Mini Tab and my Pandora base to set these up and fire them etc.
There are ten in the cute corked glass (yay recyclable) pot and you also get a little coiling jig .. freaking bargain at the price (£3.99)

The coils are supposed to be 7.4Ohms or thereabouts .. and after a bit of firing and stroking to get it glowing easily, mine was showing as 0.71 (which I forgot to take a picture of).

Once set up and wicked and in the tank proper - it shows as 0.77ohms .. both of these numbers are to my mind well within tolerance .. given they will read different on different Atties, mods etc.

Unboxing the MDura made me smile - I miss the Pico .. and the is the Pico with Glamour .. I already love it.

Not explored its functions or read the manual yet (who does?) - its a battery is how I look at these .. its a pretty battery though .. and its pretty tiny for a box mod!

Right - onto the important bit flavour! obviously lack all to do with the mod - but coils wise .. The flavour Im getting is really good, its about .15 of an Ohm lower than the coils I would usually wrap myself - and consequently I am firing at an earth shattering 17w to get my preferred 3.6V flowing through the coil. Flavour rendition is Sharp .. and im getting a lot of flavour .. I can pick out the layers as well.

In fairness .. I can do all this on my round wires ... but I think having that extra bit of Boom from the extra wattage may be making me think this pips it a bit flavour wise ... not enough for me to forgo my round wires for all time (sometimes its just easier and quicker) .. but I will most certainly use these again.

The MDura - I am instantly in love with .. extra pocketable! and unlike the Pico .. looks like it will take a 24mm tank and bubble glass easily without squeezing it in and eventually dislodging the 510 (which I did with all mine - true tank pico massacre!)

The Wotofo MDura Mini 80w Box Mod is also a bargain .. coming from someone who has regularly spent considerably more than this on similar items at £29.99. ranging from 5w to 80w it should suit both MTL and DTL fans.

relevant links to items used in this test :

Vandy Vape Fused Clapton Superfine MTL Coils

Wotofo MDura Mini 80w Box Mod

Yachtvape Pandora MTL RTA (with or without Bell Tank)

Coil Master V3 DIY Rebuildable Kit

It does look very pico.
I've used those coils a lot bud.
I'm a simple wire man but the VV fine claptons are really handy when your on the fence about an attie. Often if the chamber is larger than I'd expected or airflow a little large the clapton can help fill that space and reduce the airflow enough to saturate the flavour/reduce the draw feel.
also help to bring out flavours from higher vg liquids used in a mtl tank due to the extra wattage and surface area.
I'd recommend to anyone giving them a go.
the skyline rta got rave reviews but I found it meh but with one of these inside it really have it some punch.

I was down at Manabush HQ today for the MDura reveal... I'm a fan!

It feels very well built, it's extra compact and just an aesthetically pleasing little device.

Even though Martyn will mock me and my lack of taste (According to him!) I'm going to grab myself the orange leather one, with a black tank I reckon would look amazing!

It feels very well built, it's extra compact and just an aesthetically pleasing little device.

Even though Martyn will mock me and my lack of taste (According to him!) I'm going to grab myself the orange leather one, with a black tank I reckon would look amazing!

Embrace your inner tangerine.

Got one on the way :2thumbsup: slowboat from China :(. @ZT it will take at least a 25mm tank. The kit version comes with the 25mm Nexmini, and bubble tank can be used.

Got one on the way :2thumbsup: slowboat from China :(. @ZT it will take at least a 25mm tank. The kit version comes with the 25mm Nexmini, and bubble tank can be used.
Fab :) thanks for that info actually it will help :)

Fab :) thanks for that info actually it will help :)
The Nexmini tank is looking interesting. Takes stock coils (x 4 versions), SMRT V8 Baby coils (rebuildable stock coils) & there's a single coil RBA deck. If the deck is as good as the Nexmesh Pro version it's a very good vape, although wasted on MTLers :D.
The MDura range of mods seems very good & the Nexchip boards are a bit of a sleeper. All hit fast & have power right down to cutoff.

I really like the Vandy Vape fine Claptons and the 0.7 ones were a revelation for me when I first tried them in the Berserker. I buy the 1.2 ones, they don’t need as many watts and use them in nearly all my tanks at about 14 watts. The Mdura is a cute little Mod, not as cute as Phil Daniels in Quadrophenia but still cute [emoji4]

Ooh I like the look of the MDura MIni, shame there's not one with Silver accents to match my stainless tanks, guess I could always get a Black Pandora though.
In regards to the Vandy Vape coils, I always used to get the spools of the Superfine Clapton wire for my MTL tanks, then they became hard to find and I discovered Coilology spools which for me are even better, at least when it comes to the Ni80 material which I use. Still enjoy a good old 28g round wire most of the time though.

Back
Top Bottom