What's new

Manabush ends its partnership with PayPal - Black Friday sale still on.

ZT

Super Moderator
Staff member
dcf4c8bf-b4c6-4ffe-845f-73d9f9913287.png
Manabush ends its partnership with PayPal - Black Friday sale still on.
412f980f-e3b5-4f9b-a82b-d7c984323813.png
As many of you may already be aware - PayPal is terminating and freezing the accounts and assets of any Vape related companies world wide for 180 days.

Many of our peers have already been hit by this draconian and heavy handed attack on vaping by one of the worlds most used payment providers.

After eight years of PayPal use, we made the decision to remove PayPal from our store and yesterday set up alternative card payments system via Viva Wallet - we hope to be expanding our pay facilities beyond that over the coming weeks.

We removed PayPal from our site this morning and emptied the PayPal account - just before they actually terminated our account anyway! Thankfully the new system was already in place.

We have heard disturbing murmurings (and at least in one case verified) of PayPal also closing and freezing normal users accounts of people who have used PayPal to buy vape gear. Other than the one verified instance of that I know - Im not sure on the voracity of that, but I would recommend any PayPal user that uses their account to buy Vape Gear to keep your balance at minimum and keep an eye on your accounts.

That this has come during the COVID-19 Crisis when companies and individuals are struggling to survive anyway has left us in no doubt that the PayPal corporation does not have the interests of its customers (both industry and user level) at heart.

So keep an eye on your accounts everyone.

On a lighter note

Our Black Friday Price reductions are still on going - and yes - we can process payments if you are after Christmas Presents or seasonal flavours.

www.manabush.com

Strange times - made even stranger.

Regards

The Manabush Team

Take me to Manabush

Thanks for that update, glad you've gotten ahead of the curve :)

Strange goings on with PP, it's almost like they are deliberately self destructing, eBay are pushing sellers to ditch PP and use their own payment method by early January (same time as Trump fucks off - coincidence or the seed of a new conspiracy theory?), time to empty my account before they implode.

Just a note - I’ve had a couple of customers email me telling me they have had their personal accounts frozen - so it’s defo a thing.

Just a note - I’ve had a couple of customers email me telling me they have had their personal accounts frozen - so it’s defo a thing.
I've been waiting for my PayPal account to be blocked as it's mainly used for vape stuff and liquid so is likely to be flagged.
on a side note, snowball smells incredible mate. Can't wait to crack on.

I've been waiting for my PayPal account to be blocked as it's mainly used for vape stuff and liquid so is likely to be flagged.
on a side note, snowball smells incredible mate. Can't wait to crack on.
Ahh fab :)

I meant fab at the snowball by the way - the PayPal things sucks dogs cock

Heard it mentioned on the last thread I read... First I've heard this. Strange they are doing this, would be good to hear their reasoning. Guess it's to do with -or the pretense of- stopping under age vapers.

Getting my tin foil hat for a sec, I guess in the vape world a lot of commerce is through independents and not big business..... So it follows that the normal influence of big biz/ lobbyists not there (or anti vape).

I know some of the big tobacco brands have moved into the space which was always going to happen.... Not sure how much that has taken off (Imperial brands own blu?). Can't remember who owns juul it was bought for quite a lot but did hear mutterings about it deliberately being shot down (ie the US legislation against flavoured vapes etc being instigated by the same people who spent billions buying it - idk just remember reading there may be more to it)

Never good when someone like PayPal holds too much influence (surely anti trust should come into play). You can see why things like bitcoin have adherents.

So yeah don't really know the industry .... Previously was nieche and was "mom and pop" mainly. I know juul was (is?) massive in the US. How much of the industry is owned by the big boys now. Would have thought almost that companies like innokin, smok etc would have been bought our by now. Sorry just rambling now.

One thing I've noticed is the recent advertising for snuss pouches and appearance in Sainsbury's. Previously it was more hush hush buying or had to import. Of course it wasn't snus because it was erm smaller pouches or not pastirized or something idk seemed a bit of a grey area and nobody could clearly explain why you couldn't buy in this country something labelled snus but you could buy tobacco pouches that didn't have the word snus on them (of course now the ones in supermarkets aren't tobacco). Still interesting seeing them appear, guess the tobac companies trying to find more revenue in the UK away from smoking or combustion. Elsewhere in the world I'm sure smoking still doing well.

Back
Top Bottom