What's new

Manabush Concoctions

The first time I tasted bunkr maple pecan it was like having a manabush version of wenebojo .... even though there's no tobacco, which struck me as strange ..... that lead me to conclude that the taste I associate with Manabush more than anything is in fact the maple, not the tobacco.

does that make any sense at all?
Makes Totes sense

"
The legend of Nokomis (The earth) tells us that Nokomis was the first to tap holes in maple trunks and directly collect the maple syrup. Manabush, recognizing that this sap was actually syrup ready to eat went to his grandmother and said:

“Grandmother”, it is not a good thing that trees produce sugar so easily. If men can collect sugar without effort, they will become lazy. We must make them work. Before tasting this exquisite syrup, it would be better that men be forced to cut wood and stay up all night to watch the cooking of the syrup.”

He did say anymore. But fearing that Nokomis would ignore his words and not take any actions to prevent men from become lazy, he climbed to the top of the maple tree with a bucket of water. He poured it inside the tree, thus dissolving the sugar that was inside.”
"

Makes Totes sense

"
The legend of Nokomis (The earth) tells us that Nokomis was the first to tap holes in maple trunks and directly collect the maple syrup. Manabush, recognizing that this sap was actually syrup ready to eat went to his grandmother and said:

“Grandmother”, it is not a good thing that trees produce sugar so easily. If men can collect sugar without effort, they will become lazy. We must make them work. Before tasting this exquisite syrup, it would be better that men be forced to cut wood and stay up all night to watch the cooking of the syrup.”

He did say anymore. But fearing that Nokomis would ignore his words and not take any actions to prevent men from become lazy, he climbed to the top of the maple tree with a bucket of water. He poured it inside the tree, thus dissolving the sugar that was inside.”
"
Zt have a look of a few book sites for a book called chasing the wild asparagus. It was written by an American hippy in the 70s and collects native methods of wild food collection and the legends that go with them. A really good book.

Zt have a look of a few book sites for a book called chasing the wild asparagus. It was written by an American hippy in the 70s and collects native methods of wild food collection and the legends that go with them. A really good book.
Will do!

Waxybozo made approximately 70/30. I make this religiously when manabush blesses my cupboard. The ginger/spice elements really compliment the banana imo.

That sounds good actually

Back
Top Bottom