What's new

Disposable Vapes .. And why we say no ...

One of the things bugging me is seeing how many long term vapers have started using these devices over anything else just because they don't have to do anything but vape away.

The perfect example is my dad, the very guy that helped me stay off the cigs, gave me my first proper setup and the stuff I needed to get started with rebuildables.

A 40-60 a day smoker for nearly 20 years, he had finally kicked the habit, got down to 1.5mg-3mg of nicotine, he was always messing around with different setups, tanks and etc. Now, everytime I video call him, he's puffing away on a 20mg Elfbar and when I try to talk to him about getting back into his rebuilding, he says he can't be arsed and he'd rather just sit back and enjoy his vape. It's instilling this lazy, wasteful attitude into of a lot of people and it's so sad to see.

Then there's all the non-smokers/non-vapers using disposables for no decent reason other than it's the cool thing to do! Posting it all on social media and making the vaping community look like a joke.

I'm not one to "gatekeep" but vaping was created as a means to quit smoking, if you don't smoke, you really shouldn't be vaping either.

Last edited:
I've made my stand for what it's worth @ZT. Purged my bookmarks list of those who sell disposables a while ago.
I've recently noticed my favourite juice maker and retailer is selling disposables [emoji26] so I have to make a decision whether to cease buying from him. Sad really as I thought he'd be one of the last to jump on the band wagon. Looks like I'll be doing plenty of juice tasting at expo [emoji849]

I've recently noticed my favourite juice maker and retailer is selling disposables [emoji26] so I have to make a decision whether to cease buying from him. Sad really as I thought he'd be one of the last to jump on the band wagon. Looks like I'll be doing plenty of juice tasting at expo [emoji849]

it sucks, eh? i don’t buy much vape gear but i’m thinking i’ll never be buying any at this rate. cause it’s not just retailers, i’m hesitant about buying gear from the manufacturers that are flooding us with them and the way it’s going they’ll all be at it soon.

At the end of the day these guys are in business to make money. If at the moment disposable are the hot potato then you cant really blame them for cashing in.

We may not like it but statistically i can imagine they are selling more of the disposables than other devices otherwise they wouldn't be selling them. If the market at the moment wasnt demanding them, they would disappear from the shelves.

I dont agree with disposables but I wouldn't not buy from a retailer just because they sell them. I dont agree with Tesco selling fags but that doesnt mean I dont buy my food there.

As some others have said they know long term "proper" vapers that are fed up with all the faff and switched to disposables. Very worrying I know but doesnt that speak volumes.

At the end of the day these guys are in business to make money. If at the moment disposable are the hot potato then you cant really blame them for cashing in.

We may not like it but statistically i can imagine they are selling more of the disposables than other devices otherwise they wouldn't be selling them. If the market at the moment wasnt demanding them, they would disappear from the shelves.

I dont agree with disposables but I wouldn't not buy from a retailer just because they sell them. I dont agree with Tesco selling fags but that doesnt mean I dont buy my food there.

As some others have said they know long term "proper" vapers that are fed up with all the faff and switched to disposables. Very worrying I know but doesnt that speak volumes.

i can definitely blame them for cashing in. this is one reason why trade need to be regulated. because when it isn’t, there is a tendency towards pursuing profit at all costs with little or no consideration of other factors and terrible consequences for the world round about us. you can see this happening everywhere.

i can definitely blame them for cashing in. this is one reason why trade need to be regulated. because when it isn’t, there is a tendency towards pursuing profit at all costs with little or no consideration of other factors and terrible consequences for the world round about us. you can see this happening everywhere.
While you do have a point, I dont blame someone for selling a vape device, especially if the disposable is one option to a range of other pods/mods, that is regulated under the TPD Directive and the MHRA and complies to these laws, especially when there is a market demand.

There are always illegal and non compliant products in any industry and these need to be stamped out which I understand some are being captured by the Trading Standards.

I completely agree that disposables are not environmentally friendly, the disposal of the plastic and lipo battery is a issue for a single use device but as you say this is happening everywhere.

I dont see a problem if a retailer stocks compliant disposables along side other vaping devices such as pods and mods to cater for all his customer needs.

There are thousands of single use pre-filled pods, non replaceable coil pods, all of which are also not environmentally friendly either. Should these be removed from the shelves too?

Where do we draw the line!

Dont get me wrong, as I've said several times before I'm NOT a fan of disposables, I'm also not a fan of pre-filled pods or integrated coils but as a consumer I would like to have a choice and not be restricted to only a handful of options.

I like to feel I'm capable enough to make an informed decision after looking at all the issues around each type of device available to me to make the right choice for my needs.

While you do have a point, I dont blame someone for selling a vape device, especially if the disposable is one option to a range of other pods/mods, that is regulated under the TPD Directive and the MHRA and complies to these laws, especially when there is a market demand.

There are always illegal and non compliant products in any industry and these need to be stamped out which I understand some are being captured by the Trading Standards.

I completely agree that disposables are not environmentally friendly, the disposal of the plastic and lipo battery is a issue for a single use device but as you say this is happening everywhere.

I dont see a problem if a retailer stocks compliant disposables along side other vaping devices such as pods and mods to cater for all his customer needs.

There are thousands of single use pre-filled pods, non replaceable coil pods, all of which are also not environmentally friendly either. Should these be removed from the shelves too?

Where do we draw the line!

Dont get me wrong, as I've said several times before I'm NOT a fan of disposables, I'm also not a fan of pre-filled pods or integrated coils but as a consumer I would like to have a choice and not be restricted to only a handful of options.

I like to feel I'm capable enough to make an informed decision after looking at all the issues around each type of device available to me to make the right choice for my needs.

i think you’ve missed my point, which maybe wasn’t obvious. but it is that trade needs to be regulated, because otherwise the rich will not give a fuck about anything other than making money. and as things stand the regulation of trade is woefully poor and inadequate. this is because the world is mainly governed and controlled by rich self serving people who don’t care beyond their own enrichment and that of others like them. the person selling a disposable device to cash in isn’t doing it in a vacuum. they are one of many, and contributing to negative outcomes for many on various levels. so i will continue to blame them and refrain from buying anything from them as much as possible.

it would have probably been easier for me just to say i think they should be banned. :)

Back
Top Bottom