What's new

JOB - Buyer for Vaping Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Wheeler

Job Purpose

As a young growing business this is a multi-functional role taking responsibility for buying, space/stock planning, merchandising and elements of supply chain management.

You will design, develop and deliver a multi-channel product proposition that delivers both growth and profit to help deliver the overall business strategy.

A key part of the role is to ensure that the correct range and promotional products are purchased at the right price according to a planned product and volume strategy in order to maximise the profit potential of the range(s) including supplier support.

About You

You will be an experienced buyer with a B2C FMCG background who enjoys a hands-on role and the fast-paced environment of a young growing business.

The diverse nature of the role will require flexibility to take on a range of responsibilities including:

Supplier relationship management to deliver a diverse multi-channel product range;
Accountability for import management, quality assurance along with associated costs and regulations;
Promotional/seasonal planning and category management;
Space and inventory planning;
Stock control and supply chain management.
Specific Skills and Experience

Visionary, determined and ambitious trader/buyer able to translate trading trends and market trends into sales;
Strong understanding of multi-channel convenience retailing with a proven track record in high street / food multi-channel retailing;
Experience of managing a buying / category management team in a multi-channel retail environment;
A strong understanding of the life cycle of the product in fast moving high innovative reactive retail market;
Proven experience in buying/product selection and product marketing/merchandising;
Experienced in devising and delivering strategic and tactical development, sourcing, buying, marketing and sales plans;
Negotiation skills proven ability to stretch all aspects of negotiation to deliver and exceed margin, profit and growth targets;
Proven understanding of Far East sourcing (FOB), manufacturing and QA/C;
Previous Far East travel would be preferable must be prepared to travel and spend time away during peak buying season.

Note: You will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) before the business and full job description are shared.

Email me directly if you are interested in the role: (removed by Miss Pepper)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Andy Wheeler a location in the UK would make it easier for people to know where you are looking to recruit, or state working from home if that is what it is.

I have purchased some crap from China. Also, as if my buying credentials needed any further elaboration, I once got a really good deal on a secondhand set of tyres off an auction site. So, yeh, I could do this job.

Questions:
Can you allow me to keep my current holiday plans? I'm scheduled to do nothing for the next 7 months and would be reluctant to change that.
Plus, I do like money. Lots of money. It's not the root of evil, it's essential if you like to eat. As a fat man I eat a lot, so would need lots of money. Like, barrowloads. And I only deal in cash, so it would have to be winkwink envelopes only.

I'm planning on going to the toilet in about an hour but am available for a Skype chat after lunch. Or we could skip that and just confirm my start date - I'm the best candidate you'll get. I once sold a plinth end to Asda even though it wasn't on their schedule. I'm that good at doing shit.

And I've been to Skegness, that's pretty far into the East.

I have purchased some crap from China. Also, as if my buying credentials needed any further elaboration, I once got a really good deal on a secondhand set of tyres off an auction site. So, yeh, I could do this job.

Questions:
Can you allow me to keep my current holiday plans? I'm scheduled to do nothing for the next 7 months and would be reluctant to change that.
Plus, I do like money. Lots of money. It's not the root of evil, it's essential if you like to eat. As a fat man I eat a lot, so would need lots of money. Like, barrowloads. And I only deal in cash, so it would have to be winkwink envelopes only.

I'm planning on going to the toilet in about an hour but am available for a Skype chat after lunch. Or we could skip that and just confirm my start date - I'm the best candidate you'll get. I once sold a plinth end to Asda even though it wasn't on their schedule. I'm that good at doing shit.

Thank you for you thoughts Dave, given you work for POTV clearly not for you but perhaps some in the community might be looking for opportunities.

And I've been to Skegness, that's pretty far into the East.
What he said, but I've been to Lowestoft for lunch in the Lighthouse which is Britains most easterly caff. I think I got food poisoning from them.
Surely, my candidacy is much betterer and therefore you can pay me even more money.
Also, I know important stuff. Apparently, conversate is a word. Didn't know that did you?

Damn. I didn't expect competition.

Time to break out the "I was run over by Jasper Carrot in his car once" story.

Damn. I didn't expect competition.

Time to break out the "I was run over by Jasper Carrot in his car once" story.

Samantha Fox once placed a bet in my betting office, am I winning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom