What's new

Would you let your kids vape?

Cacuqecig

Postman
Would you let your kids vape?

20170927085353_37927.jpg

All vapers, or at least most of them, claim, and from their hearts believe, that vaping is harmless, that even if it's potentially detrimental to health, the effects have not yet been identified, or are most unlikely to be anything serious. All vapers are aware of the advantages that E-cigarette has over combustible cigarette, which in fact constitute their corner stone motivation to convert to vaping from smoking.

20170927085706_24433.png

It is certainly indelicate to vape while other people's kids are around, because parents may not want their kids to breath in vaporized PG, VG, and who knows what, however allegedly harmless they might be. Some vapers think these parents overreact and assert that they themselves would generously and gladly expose their own kids to clouds at an early age, and that they would not mind if their kids start vaping. Now would they really? How far does this go?

20170927090322_80414.jpg

Let's look into some of the reasons that their confidence answers to. They might reason like this: I'd rather my kids breath in E-cig vapor than cigarette smoke; or that early knowledge of vaping may somehow hinder kids from taking up smoking later, or transform them from smokers to vapers if they are already smoking. I get it. E-cig vapor is safer than cigarette smoke, and educational presentation may indeed be beneficial to the yet-ignorant minds. But how far does this go? Does it mean that vapers would consciously allow their underaged kids to vape? Does it go as far as intentionally teaching their kids to vape?

20170927090510_76835.jpg

This is such a controversial question that I believe everyone would have something to say about, and a different one. We all have diverse levels of tolerance with regard to how much irregularity our kids should be exposed to, and the standard we apply to ourselves are often at variance with that which we enforce on our kids. We do things like hangover or going to wild parties, but that doesn't mean we'll be comfortable with our kids doing these. We may take risks in our education and careers, but often we only want our kids to go about life in the safe way. Are we hypocrites because of this? By no means! But that does point out the fact that in some areas, the instinct to protect our kids overpowers deep conviction and sound theology, and that we'd rather our kids to experience less of the tumults and violence of the world even though we may find the same things thrilling, or beneficial.

20170927090623_67839.jpg

How far does this go? Would we really allow our kids to vape when they are underaged? Would we teach them how to vape for the said sake of forestallment of future smoking? How far would you go?

no would not let them they might nick my juice,coils,n cotton and there will be none left when i go to get some as they wont replace anything it will all be left for bank of dad to replace it so no way:58::58:

I would always try to discourage my kids from addiction but if they was adamant on it and would only go doing it behind my back anyway then yes I would let them and help them to make sure they had safe equipment and safe juice so they didn't turn to dodgy Dave and end up hurting them selves [emoji5]

The simple answer is no, but it's far from a simple question...

um.... put it this way, if either of my kids started vaping I would feel that it was a failure on my part as a parent.

... but with teenagers it's rarely about 'letting' them do things, it's usually about trying to guide them into making good decisions, which they don't always make.

Encourage, no, absolutely not. Neither of mine are kids any more; when they were they understood that their father vaped in order to quit smoking. Happily, neither vaping nor smoking were activities that they were attracted to.
Alcohol was a different matter, the wife and I encouraged them to try wines and beer thoughout their teenage years.

Unless they were smoking, no. I also try to hide how fanatical I am about some of my mods and try to make out it's nothing special/not a hobby. That being said they do ask questions about why I have lots of shiny mods and their Mum's partner uses a simple vape pen.

I think the whole community aspect and vaping as a hobby offers as much of an attraction to the youths as vaping itself. If I wasn't a smoker, I wouldn;t be a vaper, I'd spunk my money on something else

I would always try to discourage my kids from addiction but if they was adamant on it and would only go doing it behind my back anyway then yes I would let them and help them to make sure they had safe equipment and safe juice so they didn't turn to dodgy Dave and end up hurting them selves [emoji5]
This ^^^^^

Back
Top Bottom