What's new

The shipping way of Gearbest

Hello, I wanted to buy phone from GearBest and it's gonna cost about $130-140 and I've read you guys can declare it less than its real value because of customs.
I live in Turkey and if I want to pay for import taxes it's cost about $50 only for that and it's too much. Is it possible to declare its value less than $30 ? or send it as gift ?

Hello, I wanted to buy phone from GearBest and it's gonna cost about $130-140 and I've read you guys can declare it less than its real value because of customs.
I live in Turkey and if I want to pay for import taxes it's cost about $50 only for that and it's too much. Is it possible to declare its value less than $30 ? or send it as gift ?
Hi dear,

How are you ? sorry for the delay to getting back to you.

As for import tax you asked, here are some tips for your reference;
1. Tax exists for all imported items, and the value should depend on your tax law as well as Public Policy;
2. We will try best to help you with safe landing under the premise of observing customs law.
3. Get an insurance when ordered, it works at some degrees .

Thanks for your understanding

Last edited:
Hello,

Like the previous member, i am also from Turkey and somehow they illegalized vaping.
I use your services because you re the biggest/cheapest vaping store i can find. I already ordered 3 different batches. i insured all of them.

I would like to ask you some questions :
1- What happens if an order with insurance and tracking is returned from the customs?
2- What happens if i buy for example :10 pieces of items from you? Do you send it as seperate packages or you make a big box and send it as one? because i would prefere separately like another large web service from china.
3- Do you declare the real price and contents of the items (customs can be a real pain in the ass here)

Hello,

Like the previous member, i am also from Turkey and somehow they illegalized vaping.
I use your services because you re the biggest/cheapest vaping store i can find. I already ordered 3 different batches. i insured all of them.

I would like to ask you some questions :
1- What happens if an order with insurance and tracking is returned from the customs?
2- What happens if i buy for example :10 pieces of items from you? Do you send it as seperate packages or you make a big box and send it as one? because i would prefere separately like another large web service from china.
3- Do you declare the real price and contents of the items (customs can be a real pain in the ass here)

1 If its illegal why are you taking the risk, would you buy/import guns, drugs or other items illegal in Turkey ?.
2 place 10 seperate orders over a period of time do not buy a load of stuff in one go. Larger packages will get more scrutiny from customs.
3 No

Gearbest is my Favourite vendor and will fulfill their obligations. But because vaping is illegal in Turkey now, the responsibility is most probably yours. You know what you are doing and if things go wrong then you can't blame anyone else really as you have took the risk, sorry if this seems harsh but I hope you understand why i have said the things i have said, hopefully things go right for you. i would have ordered one item and seen what happened first.
@gearbest.com may have a better answer than me for you. Also research Turkeys customs rules.

1 If its illegal why are you taking the risk, would you buy/import guns, drugs or other items illegal in Turkey ?.
2 place 10 seperate orders over a period of time do not buy a load of stuff in one go. Larger packages will get more scrutiny from customs.
3 No

Gearbest is my Favourite vendor and will fulfill their obligations. But because vaping is illegal in Turkey now, the responsibility is most probably yours. You know what you are doing and if things go wrong then you can't blame anyone else really as you have took the risk, sorry if this seems harsh but I hope you understand why i have said the things i have said, hopefully things go right for you. i would have ordered one item and seen what happened first.
@gearbest.com may have a better answer than me for you. Also research Turkeys customs rules.

Well i understand that you dont understand Turkish way of things :)
Turkey being a very large smoker population gave in to tobacco lobbyists propoganda, maybe even bribed by them. (most possibly bribed, this is a country ran by very dirty politicians)
Of course i wouldnt buy weapons, but buying alcohol after 22:00 is also illegal but i sometimes go out and buy.

i am used to buy stuff from aliexpress, sometimes i buy 25 items but since aliexpress is not a vendor but a service provider all of those items comes to me separately thats why asked this.

i understand the responsability is mine, the thing is when customs catch vaping products, they just return the mail they dont confiscate the items. So i understand if gearbest will cut the shipping price of my order, or even charge full price if the item is confiscated, just want to learn how things are.

Turkey customs rules like i said in my original post are a game of wheel of fortune. No one there does their job by the book, there is bribes, priviliges e.t.c involved. it is really hard to understand this concept when looking from a developped country, but in countries like ours nothing goes by the book unfortunately.

Well i understand that you dont understand Turkish way of things :)
Turkey being a very large smoker population gave in to tobacco lobbyists propoganda, maybe even bribed by them. (most possibly bribed, this is a country ran by very dirty politicians)
Of course i wouldnt buy weapons, but buying alcohol after 22:00 is also illegal but i sometimes go out and buy.

i am used to buy stuff from aliexpress, sometimes i buy 25 items but since aliexpress is not a vendor but a service provider all of those items comes to me separately thats why asked this.

i understand the responsability is mine, the thing is when customs catch vaping products, they just return the mail they dont confiscate the items. So i understand if gearbest will cut the shipping price of my order, or even charge full price if the item is confiscated, just want to learn how things are.

Turkey customs rules like i said in my original post are a game of wheel of fortune. No one there does their job by the book, there is bribes, priviliges e.t.c involved. it is really hard to understand this concept when looking from a developped country, but in countries like ours nothing goes by the book unfortunately.

Hi mate, Thanks for the info about Turkish customs etc, some things i did know and others i did not. I am glad to hear that you would not get into trouble and that the vape gear would just get sent back. Hopefully it will get through customs and to you.
What you say about Corruption i did sort of know and is why i said the things i did in my original post, i didn't know if Turkey would punish you for importing illegal goods which is why i said about its your risk.
The EU also has stupid rules on vaping and these i feel are also corrupt in the same sense as Turkish rules ie they are aimed at keeping the money going where smoking is concerned, the governments are losing money the Tobacco firms and pharmacutical companies too, so the EU TPD rules are in place to attempt to stop people switching from smoking to vaping. Some EU countries are more harsh than others in how they interpret the TPD rules. UK is not to bad but i do wish we had left the EU before the rules where introduced. I do feel for you all in Turkey who wish to vape and leave behind the misery smoking causes. Can i ask how you will get e liquid as i am thinking you would also have to import it as well.

All the best to you

Hi mate, Thanks for the info about Turkish customs etc, some things i did know and others i did not. I am glad to hear that you would not get into trouble and that the vape gear would just get sent back. Hopefully it will get through customs and to you.
What you say about Corruption i did sort of know and is why i said the things i did in my original post, i didn't know if Turkey would punish you for importing illegal goods which is why i said about its your risk.
The EU also has stupid rules on vaping and these i feel are also corrupt in the same sense as Turkish rules ie they are aimed at keeping the money going where smoking is concerned, the governments are losing money the Tobacco firms and pharmacutical companies too, so the EU TPD rules are in place to attempt to stop people switching from smoking to vaping. Some EU countries are more harsh than others in how they interpret the TPD rules. UK is not to bad but i do wish we had left the EU before the rules where introduced. I do feel for you all in Turkey who wish to vape and leave behind the misery smoking causes. Can i ask how you will get e liquid as i am thinking you would also have to import it as well.

All the best to you

i think it was my fault because i used the word illegal, what i actually meant was "banned"(english is my third language). so its not really a felony, nor it is considered a crime to vape in public e.t.c. just importing and selling is banned.
Now the liquids are a bigger question for me actually, thanks for askingç There are homemade liquid makers, some imported liquid sellers that i can find online and some shops are selling behind the counters too. But to me none of which are trustworthy. I really dont like to buy something that i inhale from someone whos not qualified (even if he is i cant know) and import goods sellers are usually scammers who sell clones, but since i have no idea what the original product is like i have no way of telling, i really wish it was legal and supervised. once something is banned you never know what you re getting.
i will have to find a good liquid maker who ships cheap to my country, and hope for the best. i also will be buying a lot of liquids when i go abroad, and maybe when i know my taste i can order to some friends.
but it really is a nuisance.

i am open to suggestions tho. maybe i ll try some from gearbest, but i havent heard the best about chinese liquids. any help welcome.

i think it was my fault because i used the word illegal, what i actually meant was "banned"(english is my third language). so its not really a felony, nor it is considered a crime to vape in public e.t.c. just importing and selling is banned.
Now the liquids are a bigger question for me actually, thanks for askingç There are homemade liquid makers, some imported liquid sellers that i can find online and some shops are selling behind the counters too. But to me none of which are trustworthy. I really dont like to buy something that i inhale from someone whos not qualified (even if he is i cant know) and import goods sellers are usually scammers who sell clones, but since i have no idea what the original product is like i have no way of telling, i really wish it was legal and supervised. once something is banned you never know what you re getting.
i will have to find a good liquid maker who ships cheap to my country, and hope for the best. i also will be buying a lot of liquids when i go abroad, and maybe when i know my taste i can order to some friends.
but it really is a nuisance.

i am open to suggestions tho. maybe i ll try some from gearbest, but i havent heard the best about chinese liquids. any help welcome.

Ok i see your slight language barrier and agree it was the use of the word illegal that caused me to answer as i did at first, sorry about the mix up. E liquid again its a tough one due to Turkish customs. Will it escape and get to you or will it be refused entry. Who knows.
I think buying from abroad maybe the best thing to do but it would mean buying a lot in one visit to keep you stocked up.
So is nicotine banned in Turkey as in liquid form? if not maybe you can buy a bottle and then order flavours from reputable companies plus vg and or pg and mix your own. Take a look here for flavours. I am sure they would ship to Turkey if you ask them to, i know they ship to other EU countries so its worth asking them.
www.chefsflavours.co.uk
You can also look in the bargain section on here and see what sales are on for eliquid and ask the companies if they ship to Turkey. Lots of UK companies are selling off stock that will no longer be legally for sale after May 20th.
There's also a site in USA that may ship nicotine to Turkey called Darkvaper.

Hope this is all helpfull to you

Gearbest service upgrade -- USA Registered logistics can send batteries now!

Dear friends,
Good news for the USA user in our forum!

GearBest is proud to announce a new Registered Air Mail shipping option(For USA users only).

Provided by HYT, the weight limit is 3.5kg, packages can legally contain Textiles, Power Banks, products with batteries, etc.

Shipping fees are between $5 and $30 (making it cheaper than DHL), orders can be tracked online 7-10 days after order submission, and shipping time is just 10-22 days.

It compares very favorably with Unregistered Air Mail which has a lower weight allowance (2.0kg), slower shipping time (15-35 days) and no online tracking feature.

Registered Air Mail is currently being tested. You are welcome to make an order using it (please select the USA Registered from Available Shipping Methods) and provide feedback via the order status.

PS:
Taking into account the logistics has just opened, still in the testing phase, if you purchase the actual arrival time and the site shows the timeliness is not the same, please feel free to feedback to us, and we will make corrections.

We will be continually working to make your shopping experience even more convenient.

Thank you.

Gearbest Team

Back
Top Bottom