What's new

NAMED AND SHAMED..... GEARBEST SCAMMING CUSTOMERS AGAIN

@silentg please do not post private conversations on the forum, as per the rules ;)

@gearbest.com will you please resolve this. Do not ask someone to close their paypal claim in order for you to deal with it. That is not the right way. You need to deal with it before the customer can close the claim down.

You will be fully away that in order for an unhappy customer to close a paypal claim down, when the customer wants a refund, you must put the customer back into the position they were before the transaction took place. In this case it is money and reward points.

Please deal with this as it has been going on for too long now :(

Seeing as they have already refunded the PayPal payment as per the opening post, why not just close the case and get the points back? They've said they will issue the points when you close the case. I doubt they will say that in writing and then not follow thru. Besides, PayPal have no power to make them refund points or wallet credit. They only have control over monies sent via PayPal. If you have been refunded via PayPal already, close the claim and get your points back. Seems like this is being made more difficult than it needs to be.

Last edited:
Seeing as they have already refunded the PayPal payment as per the opening post, why not just close the case and get the points back? They've said they will issue the points when you close the case. I doubt they will say that in writing and then not follow thru. Besides, PayPal have no power to make them refund points or wallet credit. They only have control over monies sent via PayPal. If you have been refunded via PayPal already, close the claim and get your points back. Seems like this is being made more difficult than it needs to be.

sorry but you quite clearly have not been fucked over by Chinese suppliers pulling the "close paypal case and we fix" scenario then never actually do what they promise. unfortunately i have a few times and GB are one of those who screwed me.
there is principal here and for the amount i have spent with them over the years you would have thought they would do their utmost to fix an issue and flaw in their "policies" when it comes to refunding points and my WALLET might I add.
luckily, having checked my account today it appears the annoyance of a paypal case have spurred them on to refund the entire amounts due which i used for the order they lost so the case is now closed.
thanks for your input @Miss Pepper i'm sure you have some sway hun ;)

EDIT: the wallet funds are still on hold even though the PayPal case is closed. Hmmm

"Annoyance of a PayPal claim"? Bottom line is that the PayPal case has nothing to do with them refunding points or wallet credit because PayPal have absolutely no authority what-so-ever over anything other than money sent via PayPal. Once the PayPal payment is refunded keeping the case open or closing it - it makes zero difference to GB as far as your points or wallet credits go. Other than what they said in that they can't refund them whilst a case is open. Forgive me if I'm wrong but it seems that keeping the case open is not for any real practical purpose but is basically just a statement to show your displeasure. I just don't see the point of that because it serves no practical purpose but potentially delays a resolution. If they're gonna screw you they're gonna screw you. Once you've been refunded by PayPal having the case remain open is meaningless and only consistutes another hurdle to them resolving the issue. If I receive something in writing then that's good enough for me.

As stated in another post - they're on holiday at the moment. Wait till that's over, shoot them an email or open a live chat telling them what they've agreed and the claim has been closed as they requested and I'm sure they'll release your wallet credits.

No, I've never been "fucked over" by any of the big Chinese suppliers. They've always sorted me out very satisfactorily. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom